#41 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 17 June 2016 - 06:07 PM

View PostPraetorGix, on 17 June 2016 - 05:31 PM, said:

Glad to see I'm so famous... But too bad your memory is selective. I never intended to say the prime needed a boost. I may have given that impression, surely, but it wasn't what I intended and I made that clear several times.

You should also notice that my problem is with this particular mech, because as I said several times (strange your gifted memory did not retain that fact), it has the most obsolete and DOA variant of all.
Black sheeps I'm fine with, the blackest sheep of all is what I cannot bear.

Maybe I am wrong, thought you were the one that didn't believe the prime was viable and that the srm36 build was a myth...

If I am wrong, my bad.
I will still stand by what I said, not many mechs out there where there isn't an obsolete variant or two (or three). Sorry but they call all be winners. I have a mechlab full of dusty chassis, waiting to be rquirked...

#42 Javin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 519 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 06:10 PM

Should be interesting to see the changes once all the mercs go clan again.

#43 VitriolicViolet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 592 posts
  • LocationAustralia, Melbourne

Posted 17 June 2016 - 06:11 PM

The size changes are fine in my opinion the only one im not so keen on is the utter lack of Victor surely it needed a resize?

#44 Wraith 1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 06:17 PM

Should've waited until the new scaling had some playtime behind it before nerfing the Oxide, but okay. Pretty hefty nerf, but it's still got 16+ DPS at 140KPH, I think I'll be okay.

But why the Huginn? That thing needed some MG ROF quirks or something, its DPS was already abysmal for its range.

Also, why'd you nerf the 3 worst Battlemasters while leaving the good ones alone?

#45 Gerwig

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 154 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 06:26 PM

I would love to know where they pull their game data from to decide this ****.

#46 avenger cannon

• PipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 75 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 06:26 PM

So the only thing that wasn't nerfed from Resistance II was the colors and patterns from the faction camo stuff.

#47 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 06:35 PM

All my favorite IS mechs are getting Nerfed and Sized up ... i went from wanting to collect all the mechs to **** this I'm done spending money/time getting mechs.

#48 Tigerwolf

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 07:05 PM

Now I can see nerfing the oxide, but to take away ALL viable FP/CW mechs for the inner sphere in one swoop? I mean, wow, it is going to look like CW1 all over again. I guess I should just stop fighting it and go clan seeing as PGI wants it that way.

#49 MookieDog

• PipPipPip
  • Gunjin
  • Gunjin
  • 93 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 17 June 2016 - 07:13 PM

Since I really dont have any viable IS mechs left in my stable to fight the clans... time to go clan. Lets face it.. why try to beat 12 players who have mechs which are: faster, carry more weapons, have better weapons, better heat sinks, better equipment, have the same number of players in a CW/FW match as the IS does... why am I playing IS again?

#50 Javin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 519 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 07:59 PM

I am surprised how hard the nerf hammer fell. But this was all based of the tournament. The only regularly used clan mechs there were the Kodiaks.

#51 Gentleman Reaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrench
  • The Wrench
  • 733 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, the land of slurpees and potholes

Posted 17 June 2016 - 08:11 PM

Guys, the resize wasn't based AT ALL off mech balance, it was to standardize a mech's volume, so that it's one less variable to consider for balancing. Now it'll be easier to reevaluate what a mech's armor and structure quirks should be.

#52 MechWarrior319348

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 997 posts
  • LocationInside a straightjacket

Posted 17 June 2016 - 08:14 PM

Performance improvements are very important... to me at least. Nice. I would like all the in depth info on that. Or was it just fixes centered around the impact of certain mech models being present?

#53 Idealsuspect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 08:55 PM

Look like a really good patch ... but some resize arent good anyway.

#54 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 09:10 PM

Ok a few patches ago all the energy range boosts got nerfed to 10%... now several in this patch, mainly heavies and assaults see that increased to 15% ?!?

#55 TheCharlatan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 11:07 PM

Very intresting patch. I like it a lot.
This ought to bring many changes to the viability of many mechs.
I'm a bit worried about light mechs... but we'll need to see how they play out. The Lolcust is going to be a terror for a bit, while many other lights got HUGE. We'll see.

Guess I'll come back from my hiatus and buy something (that Huntsman looks really cool...).
I approve all the changes, except one: why nerf the already incredibly crappy Huggin?

#56 Aeon Veritas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 113 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 June 2016 - 11:36 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 17 June 2016 - 09:10 PM, said:

Ok a few patches ago all the energy range boosts got nerfed to 10%... now several in this patch, mainly heavies and assaults see that increased to 15% ?!?

Yeah, I observed that too. Just looked it up, the nerf was in the Patch Notes - 1.4.53 - 16-FEB-2016.
And now the BL-7-KNT-L, the AS7-K and the MAL-1R get bumped up to +15% Energy range again.
While I think it's not a game changer for the Atlas and the Mauler due to the small number of energy hardpoints, I'm a litle worried about that Black Knight...
Well, lets see how it plays out in the end...

Btw. does someone know what happened to the Improvements to the Directional Arrow?

It was first mentioned in the January Road Map

Improvements to the Directional Arrow
**THIS HAS BEEN PUSHED TO FEBRUARY**
The Directional Arrow visual aid has been improved with a new look, and will now display correctly over terrain geometry instead of clipping through it.

Got pushed to the next patch, February Road Map

Improvements to the Directional Arrow
While this was originally slated for the January patch, and later pushed to February, it is unfortunately being pushed again due to a few remaining bugs. Current release ETA will be the March 15th patch.

Pushed again... But better a clean feature on a later date then a buggy feature now, right?

Well, now let's see the March Road Map, no mention of it, okay...
But it was clearly stated in the Feb road map to be in the March 15th patch.
So lets see the Patch Notes - 1.4.59 - 15-MAR-2016. Again no mention of the directional arrow...
Maybe in the Patch Notes - 1.4.65 - 19-APR-2016? Nah, again no mention...
And as off today it still clips through the terrain, so deffinitive no stealth implementation...

#57 freud2b

• PipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 78 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 11:46 PM

For the Quirck :

This is fine nerf oxide Posted Image.

For cons:

I do not understand why you have even more (edit:than the Jenner) nerf Blacknight and the Grasshopper !
Noot just a little Posted Image , you have slaughtered them Posted Image , really too much!

And why also nerf Huggin? he was already completely rotten as a hero Posted Image , I never used it , and it's worse the poor Posted Image .

Edited by freud2b, 18 June 2016 - 12:38 AM.

#58 DarthHias

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 11:57 PM

Even more? BK are top of the Heavy Class atm, and they just get their quirks dialed back a bit. Exaggerate much?

#59 Ekdikesis

• PipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 29 posts
  • LocationRight where I need to be...

Posted 18 June 2016 - 12:03 AM

Where is the new "loot" supply crates for salvage system??? :-( Very disappointing that it is not even mentioned...

#60 Aeon Veritas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 113 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 June 2016 - 12:30 AM

View PostEkdikesis, on 18 June 2016 - 12:03 AM, said:

Where is the new "loot" supply crates for salvage system??? :-( Very disappointing that it is not even mentioned...

May/June/July Road Map always said July for the supply crates...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users