126 replies to this topic

#21 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 21 June 2016 - 10:53 AM

I don't understand. The images...do we get infantry soon? A player based economy? That would be cool if we did.
The video also appeared to be a boreal vault drop but no one was complaining about how the other side has such an advantage at range and how the defenders always win. Very confusing.

I do like how the assault mech (Awesome) is hiding behind the Ravens in the Loyalist image. At least that reflects actual game play.

Edited by Bud Crue, 21 June 2016 - 10:56 AM.

#22 Mechwarrior0155422

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 10:54 AM

Comments are disabled for this video.

Weak...

Edited by J Belleau, 21 June 2016 - 10:56 AM.

#23 BlackHeroe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 109 posts
  • LocationKasselhague

Posted 21 June 2016 - 10:57 AM

View PostKael Posavatz, on 21 June 2016 - 10:39 AM, said:

BTW.
I think people stopped doing gate-jumps a year or so ago.

Mostly, cause you would get destroyed like the Jenner on Gate, but sometimes the defenders Jump over - cause they cant open it Posted Image

but it failed so much the Reality, there where no snipering on Boreal, distraction on this map cant work cause of the tiny choke point, the worst Clanner loadout i have ever seen, i dont even mind the X (including Assaults & heavieys) vs. 2 lights on scouting.
And have you ever seen an Atlas retreating, from near the gate back to Omega ? Surely note he would be in Toast-heaven like the Jenner.

The Only thing what was near reality was the long tom strike - but with 2 mistakes. it was overdramatizied (no forewarning) and if its there, its most of the time i have seen it from Clan side Posted Image

So it failed reality, dramatics and the lore. And so it not even has something special in Video and a bad voice, ill probably watch it never again (unlike all the old MW videos)

PS: Concept art looks fine - i wozld be happy if such could ssen in game;)

Edited by BlackHeroe, 21 June 2016 - 10:58 AM.

#24 Iqfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 21 June 2016 - 11:01 AM

Video is alright.

Voiceacting is extremely cringeworthy and the music is just so misplaced sometimes.

Any ideas who made that?

#25 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 21 June 2016 - 11:04 AM

I could be biased, but the Liao art is best art.

Second goes to Mr. Sunglasses and that face of his.

#26 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 21 June 2016 - 11:04 AM

That video was a load of garbage. :/ I know, it was meant to promote, but its execution was flawed.

The voice-acting REALLY sucked and was super melodramatic.

You can't take any Clan heavies into a scout match, let alone 12 mechs.

And who the hell called that Clan push!? Who the hell opens the gate after jumping it? The whole point is to leave it closed so you don't tip the enemy off! You don't push up the middle in Boreal Vault unless you absolutely have to. And you don't EVER stop, unless you want the people behind you to die.

PGI, do yourselves a favor; record an actual CW match and Teamspeak comms and use THAT for your ad videos. CCP does it with EVE Online. Consider taking a page from their book.

Have people come up with their own videos, give 'em MC as a reward for the best one. Boom.

Edited by Commander A9, 21 June 2016 - 11:06 AM.

#27 MechLord71

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 160 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 11:06 AM

That was maybe some of the worst voice acting I have heard....terrible production values. Fan made would be better quality imho. I would love faction warfare to work and expand. This video moves the ball nowhere.

#28 Revorn

• The Patron
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 11:08 AM

Well, how to say it.......uhmmm... ähhh...

if i had seen this Video, i never had started playing. sry. Voice and Music isnt what brings me into Game.Posted Image And the Pictures.. uhm well, some Mech-Heroo Vids from earlier, are better... much better.

#29 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 21 June 2016 - 11:12 AM

I didn't mind the voice acting (we've all heard worse...remember some of the accents and dialog from MW4). I thought the music was overdone, but whatever, its an advertisement.

But the misleading representation of the product is just a bad idea for any advertisement. See mentions by others above in re the scouting deiction and use of a company of clan mechs, including heavies. See mention above of how a match on boreal would actually be played and how mechs actually perform.

Puffery is expected in advertisments but bait and switch, and/or outright misrepresentation, just gets you into trouble.

#30 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 11:13 AM

Glad to see you guys did a homage to every mechwarrior cinematic: Dubious tactics and atrocious piloting.

Put a smile on my face. Well done.

#31 Leroux

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 11:27 AM

Really like the video and artwork.

Video reminds me of the opening scenes from the old MW games.(Even if it doesn't come close to the actual game)

#32 AztecD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 656 posts
  • LocationTijuana. MX

Posted 21 June 2016 - 11:29 AM

that clan scouting party was OP

#33 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 11:31 AM

10/10 artwork.

Great homage video, absolutely love the cheesy trashtalking, cinematic (when the atlas lost his arm, wow) and the music is just plain killer.
I'd love to see the dropship opening cinematic make it into the game.

Great job PGI, kudos to you.

#34 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 21 June 2016 - 11:38 AM

Spiders are OP - nerf them! Posted Image
Voice - I do not play scouting mode because of that hysterical sergeant voice.
IS - git gud.
Dropships - there will NEVER be any movable object (except mechs) that we can shoot at in this game.
Concept Art - Yes!!!

I rest my case.

#35 Unknown Rand

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 35 posts
  • LocationThe Pit

Posted 21 June 2016 - 11:44 AM

LOL PGI WHAT?!

do you even play your own game ? nobody stands on the gates on Boreal Vault ! also clan Star doesnt happen in your game stop lying, oh and scouting with heavy/assault mechs and there are more then 4 of them ? reallly ? ?

you need to do videos that ACCURATELY show what happens in your game not this fake stuff you do videos on, you show this stuff and people expect to see it and never do.

#36 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 11:44 AM

View PostExoForce, on 21 June 2016 - 11:38 AM, said:

Dropships - there will NEVER be any movable object (except mechs) that we can shoot at in this game.

U.A.V.

#37 Jhebbal Sag

• Pip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 12:06 PM

NICE VIDEOPosted Image

#38 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 21 June 2016 - 12:18 PM

View PostLOADED, on 21 June 2016 - 11:44 AM, said:

U.A.V.

U A V is moving???

#39 betsuni

• Pip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 12:31 PM

Love the artwork. Is there any wide image art from the promo art? Would make some really nice desktop or phone wallpaper.

#40 Malleus011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 12:32 PM

Love the art. Appreciate the effort on the video.

However - please don't make that video public until the game mode can live up to at least some of what you are advertising. Neither IS or Clan factions have any lore in this game - no stars, etc. You don't need to jump a gate to blow a generator in CW, the generators are stupidly placed to be unprotected by the wall. Contrary to logic, the generator keeps the gate *closed*, which makes no logical sense. Scouting missions cannot communicate with Invasion missions. Single Commandos don't hold off anything; they take one alpha to kill. Atlas eyes haven't glowed in a long time. Other than the graphics, this video has almost nothing to do with MWO gameplay.

Should I go on? You put this video out there and people start playing MWO expecting this kind of immersive Battletech gaming experience, they're going to react poorly to false advertising and bail.

Edited by Malleus011, 21 June 2016 - 12:36 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users