126 replies to this topic

#41 Tiantara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 815 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 12:44 PM

View PostMalleus011, on 21 June 2016 - 12:32 PM, said:

Scouting missions cannot communicate with Invasion missions.

- Actually - all wins in scouting mission affects current invasion. You get message about scanner or gun activities in real-time. And that is cool.

#42 Malleus011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 01:02 PM

View PostTiantara, on 21 June 2016 - 12:44 PM, said:

- Actually - all wins in scouting mission affects current invasion. You get message about scanner or gun activities in real-time. And that is cool.

The video suggests radio communication between one mission type and the other. Unless you are on a 3rd party voice comm, this is not a game feature.

#43 AngrySpartan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 349 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 01:06 PM

Just an honest feedback, with no salt attached:
Scouting part of the video is not bad, intense and sort of emotional. The rest is...well it feels like a fan made video in a bad sense of it. Not an advertising made by a professional even considering quality of shots. Ironically it resembles FP state of the game itself, but no salt here...
Seriously, just check wauweli's videos, you'll get what I mean. He even made FP video himself more than a year ago, and it still looks better!

And lastly: WHY??? Why do you keep making clan voices so awfully silly? Both ingame and in the videos. I understand, clans suposed to be bad guys, iltimate evil, etc. But why making them as ridiculous as an 80s movie villain?))

Edited by AngrySpartan, 21 June 2016 - 01:16 PM.

#44 B L O O D W I T C H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 01:08 PM

View PostExoForce, on 21 June 2016 - 12:18 PM, said:

U A V is moving???

Yes, up and down..

..and, no, i do not mean launch and shootdown. It's hovering and slightly moving up and down.

The fact that you asked made me wonder, did you ever shot one down? Posted Image

Edited by LOADED, 21 June 2016 - 01:08 PM.

#45 M i s t y

• PipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 56 posts
  • LocationTamworth

Posted 21 June 2016 - 01:09 PM

Nice to see something like this for Faction warfare . The only thing that is wrong is the long tom . That is something the Clans always have . Think I have never had the long tom on my side :)

#46 YourSaviorLegion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 418 posts
  • LocationSpace The Final Frontier

Posted 21 June 2016 - 01:12 PM

View PostCommander A9, on 21 June 2016 - 11:04 AM, said:

That video was a load of garbage. :/ I know, it was meant to promote, but its execution was flawed.

The voice-acting REALLY sucked and was super melodramatic.

You can't take any Clan heavies into a scout match, let alone 12 mechs.

And who the hell called that Clan push!? Who the hell opens the gate after jumping it? The whole point is to leave it closed so you don't tip the enemy off! You don't push up the middle in Boreal Vault unless you absolutely have to. And you don't EVER stop, unless you want the people behind you to die.

PGI, do yourselves a favor; record an actual CW match and Teamspeak comms and use THAT for your ad videos. CCP does it with EVE Online. Consider taking a page from their book.

Have people come up with their own videos, give 'em MC as a reward for the best one. Boom.

Yes, they should have us make a video with the drop lead yelling "PUSSSSH MALAKAS!"

#47 Master Fubar

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 01:40 PM

Lmao, that video was so terrible I think I'll pass on playing MWO today. The concept art is great and the voice acting gives me hope for any future campaign but holly **** that video. If you want new players, that video is definitely not the way to go.

#48 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 735 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 21 June 2016 - 01:51 PM

I have yet to see the video but man, those are some sweet a** posters!
Only thing missing is a signature and/or proper credits to the artist.

#49 Iron Buccaneer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 290 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 21 June 2016 - 01:53 PM

Thought the vid wasn't too bad. Like the multinational feel of the IS pilots. Clanners were less comical than the old cartoon.

I'm hoping this is an indication of a few things.

A: The developers are going to be taking a closer look at Faction Warfare and are going to build on phase 3. Most of us hard core Faction Warfare players were disappointed at phase 3.

B: That's clearly wasn't scout mode as we know it. I hope this indicates that we might be getting a regular 12v12 mode on regular maps in some capacity.

C: The developers still understand that this is a Battletech game and that Faction War should be end game content with depth and dynamic play.

#50 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 735 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 21 June 2016 - 02:10 PM

I don't get the hating on the video, or at least not all of it. I understand that this promo doesn't show an accurate game of MWO, so a new player would be kinda dissappointed, but I see this more as a proof of concept for PvE than anything else.
It was fun and had a great atmosphere, and the voice acting was good (except for the Commando pilot). I see the inaccuracies as artistic liberties and that is ok, but you shouldn't call that a CW promo IMO.

#51 Colonel ONeill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 662 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 June 2016 - 02:16 PM

When do we get that minimap from the video? it looks awesome compared to our current one. That would be aa huge improvement.

#52 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 21 June 2016 - 02:27 PM

@ LOADED

Yes, many times, Thought it was animation fleshing... Sorry man, I was breaking the concrete whole day with a sledge hammer (my house renovation). Dead tired and pinned because of the patch. Will shut up now.

#53 Behemothh

Rookie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 02:53 PM

Love the concept art. Incredible details add a good level of depth to the story in each one.

That video though - PLEASE READ

- take a look at the video "This is Mechwarrior Online" that is streamed during the breaks between tournament matches - That was fan made, uses in game comms and is much, much better. As a veteran player, the video made me a little embarrassed. "This is mechwarrior online" is something I could send to my friends to get them excited about the game. This new promo will turn them away.

Please keep up the illustrations!

Best regards.

#54 ScarecrowES

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,812 posts
  • LocationDefending the Cordon, Arc-Royal

Posted 21 June 2016 - 02:54 PM

First, let me say, as a Gray Knight, I tend to try to keep my head level about Mechwarrior Online, and anyone who has seen me in discussion over the years knows I trend toward the "realistic" side.

That Faction Play promo though... Isn't it all a bit... deceptive?

I mean... that's NOT Faction Play. A player who watches that video, downloads MWO, and drops into FP will experience NOTHING like that. Fine, the general gist of the mode is there, but the core of the experience is completely different than what the video shows.

And... what I assume was supposed to represent the... scouting mode maybe? Strange to see a game mode limited to 4 players per side and 55-ton mechs represented by showing a 2 vs 12 match featuring lots of heavies and assaults.

I mean... what is PGI going for here? At best, perhaps this is an example of someone making a video about something they don't really understand (did PGI contract this out to a group that's never played the game)... at worst, perhaps this is outright deceptive advertising. I, for one, hope that this video gets removed, put on a shelf, and never sees the light of day again. It's in everyone's best interest.

On a positive note, that concept art, eh? I don't know what game that art is for, but I wanna play it.

And to go completely light here... did anyone watch that FP promo and think "Man, I'd love to drop against either of these teams in an actual FP match. Insta-win." I mean... lurms? In FP?

Edited by ScarecrowES, 21 June 2016 - 02:56 PM.

#55 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 21 June 2016 - 03:07 PM

View PostScarecrowES, on 21 June 2016 - 02:54 PM, said:

That Faction Play promo though... Isn't it all a bit... deceptive?

I mean... that's NOT Faction Play.

*Squints* I say, good sir, have you never heard of marketing? It's all the rage these days...

That being said, I picked up on four things:

1) The Clanners are so gruff and guttural sounding that I can only understand about every other word.

2) MGs owned and operated by PGI are a lot more effective than mine.

3) That was a very spunky Commando pilot.

4) IS Mechs are immune to tactical nukes.

Posted Image

Edited by Nightmare1, 21 June 2016 - 03:07 PM.

#56 Ingga Raokai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 239 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 21 June 2016 - 03:08 PM

cool pictures

#57 Agent1190

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 469 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 21 June 2016 - 03:09 PM

View PostScarecrowES, on 21 June 2016 - 02:54 PM, said:

And to go completely light here... did anyone watch that FP promo and think "Man, I'd love to drop against either of these teams in an actual FP match. Insta-win." I mean... lurms? In FP?

Those were stock loadouts, so yes, LRMs.

#58 AnTi90d

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,229 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Locationhttps://voat.co/

Posted 21 June 2016 - 03:11 PM

Comments have already been disabled for the video, which is running at about 1/3 dislikes.

It was very obviously made by people that have never played a FP game in their life.

I wish they'd have spent their time fixing the living abortion that is FP3 instead of making some promo video of obvious lies and falsehoods.

#59 AngrySpartan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 349 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 03:14 PM

View PostBehemothh, on 21 June 2016 - 02:53 PM, said:

Love the concept art. Incredible details add a good level of depth to the story in each one.

That video though - PLEASE READ

- take a look at the video "This is Mechwarrior Online" that is streamed during the breaks between tournament matches - That was fan made, uses in game comms and is much, much better. As a veteran player, the video made me a little embarrassed. "This is mechwarrior online" is something I could send to my friends to get them excited about the game. This new promo will turn them away.

Please keep up the illustrations!

Best regards.

Thanks for reminding of this video, love it! FP promo feels like a trash B-movie compared to it. No offense to the artist, but there is a lot to work with.

Here's the link.

#60 Kell Aset

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 21 June 2016 - 03:26 PM

Sorry to say but this FP vid is somewhat bad, I liked that ambush part in the steam launch trailer a bit more.

Edited by Kell Aset, 21 June 2016 - 03:28 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users