UPDATED Regarding The New Mini Map

135 replies to this topic

#121 Tiantara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 815 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 01:45 AM

- Thank you PGI!! It's a best hot-fix! If it was in same time with main patch - everything was ok! And I glad that map became more sharp and close to real geofacture (and battlefield as well). Now I easy run with light mech and can fast react on enemy on my radar. Size - just perfect! At 2000m I can show my teammates visual contact with enemy and scouting. Also now I know which mech I see on radar and if that lower class than mine - start brawling.
I just play 2-5 games and also run 30 test run on each map in Testgrounds and Academy to be sure, and still everything seems ok. I even can fast understand what is what when switching from mini map to battlefield! Great!! And also i can see letters and numbers of quadrants on snowy maps like Alpin and Polar! Super good!!
Thank you one more time, that hot fix saved many players from going out from game and make gameplay comfortable as it should be. Now - with additional command wheels and strategy parts.
Great work PGI developers team!!

#122 For Whom The Bell Tolls

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 02:25 AM

THX a lot !!
Posted Image

#123 Rurikk82

• Pip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 19 posts
  • Locationcalifornia

Posted 23 June 2016 - 02:50 AM

I love the concept behind the new miniap. Just think the implementation was incorrect. I hot fixed version seems to be a great compromise between the new and old minimal systems.
I mean be honest with yourselves knowing what way your opponent is facing without aid of uav or someone painting the target is a little bit cheaty. Should have never been that way to begin with. It's doe nothing but spoil us and make match have little to no strategy to lead to victory.
That's my opinion rather anyone agrees or not doesn't bother me.

Edited by Rurikk82, 23 June 2016 - 02:52 AM.

#124 anfadern

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 270 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 23 June 2016 - 06:37 AM

Now the map work as intended again.
It is remarkable that you cleared that design in the first place though.
It was soo sub...
anything...

#125 The Great Unwashed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 23 June 2016 - 06:46 AM

Perhaps you should dispatch a repair crew to fix your blunder detector while you are at it.

(I cannot conceive of anything more positive to say about this episode).

#126 Eisvogel

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 06:52 AM

THX

#127 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 23 June 2016 - 09:16 AM

Okay, PGI, now that you've restored rotation and zoom factor, you've made at least one step in the right direction. :)

Now you'll need to restore Directional Arrows. Things like Weight Classes should have been part of the Targeting Info Gathering Module, and the Directional Arrows should still be part of the basic mix. <_<

I do, however, like that you'll be adding multi-indication from one's sensors -- provided they have the right equipment on hand -- for everyone's map in the future. That feature just seems overdue. :o

~D. V. "A mixed bag of feelings over the map's construction direction..." Devnull

#128 ulrin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 133 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 10:40 AM

Hi all,
Sry to disturb, but havent you see my locust ? I loose it, he's now so tiny :D

#129 King of Xanth

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 12:24 PM

I for one really liked the changes, and was very sad that you returned to the old style. I for one WANT to see the whole map. if it isn't in the works already, please allow a toggle for those of us who wanted the new version to stay.

#130 Tiantara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 815 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 03:36 AM

View PostKing of Xanth, on 23 June 2016 - 12:24 PM, said:

I for one really liked the changes, and was very sad that you returned to the old style. I for one WANT to see the whole map. if it isn't in the works already, please allow a toggle for those of us who wanted the new version to stay.

- For those of you maybe better choice is get a little transparent map bringed on screen by pressing "B" button? Maybe whole big map (not all, some of map use only 1\3 of mini-map square and getting useless because of scale), is good for whole picture, but in close combat and fast brawling as well - is really bad. Still - on that mini-map you get any vital information. Anything out of range of 2000m is not with what you can deal. So - i think for you better get a adjustable transparency of battleground map. With all that commander functions which you need also for global planning.

Edited by Tiantara, 24 June 2016 - 03:37 AM.

#131 Meldric Ward

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 159 posts
  • LocationTranquil

Posted 24 June 2016 - 03:54 AM

Switch on antialiasing on the grid lines. The Minimap looks like it was rendered on a C64.
This is the Cry-Engine!

#132 FuhNuGi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 182 posts
  • LocationMendocino California

Posted 25 June 2016 - 04:54 PM

Post hotfix... I think the friendly target should have it's orientation displayed, the map should be scale adjustable... keep trying g

#133 Podex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 657 posts
  • LocationThe soup kitchen in your Prius

Posted 10 July 2016 - 08:41 AM

View PostOmaha, on 10 July 2016 - 08:29 AM, said:

I'm late into this thread, but.....

Was there a reason behind the change from a direction arrow, to a square?

Am I really to turn my eye away from the enemy to see which direction my friendlies are headed, or facing? For godsakes they are friendly already, shouldnt they already be transmitting orientation info to other friendlies? Hoping they bring this back in, after they had done their backend work, for info warfare.

Yes. There is a reason. It's called "new mech purchase viability". It's coming ahead of the Cyclops release -- information warfare BS.

#134 Podex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 657 posts
  • LocationThe soup kitchen in your Prius

Posted 10 July 2016 - 09:00 AM

View PostOmaha, on 10 July 2016 - 08:54 AM, said:

Sounds like a new STD.

This. Lots of this.

#135 rolly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 995 posts
  • LocationDown the street from the MWO server

Posted 10 July 2016 - 10:06 AM

We do and are. Just please don't mistake all of Canada or Canadians in general thinking like how PGI runs its business model.

(We're sorry. - Really we are. [eh])

#136 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 10 July 2016 - 10:17 AM

Canadians get lots of things right..

Just try poutine and beaver tail!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users