65 replies to this topic

#21 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 677 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 22 June 2016 - 08:04 PM

May not be the right section but I would like to discuss Phoenix Hawk quirks.

I'm not necessarily talking about weapons quirks. But since the Phoenix Hawk is arm weapon based I feel that they could use a +8 to +10 armor on the arms every variant. I don't think that's going to "overpower it". Many mechs who have weapons mainly in the arms have armor (not structure) quirks. Also maybe a few more structure. But I would like to see more structure on the hero mechs. The hero mechs are honestly kind of lacking. And they aren't supposed to be. I don't think I'm asking too much. I could complain about the scale but that ain't gonna change so no point in talking about that.

#22 Elrik Stormbringer

• PipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 81 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 08:22 PM

Thank you for realising that the original version of the new mini map was unacceptable and replacing it so quickly. So far i am liking the marker changes, and am looking forward to the infowar comtributions that will be tied in with it later. I also agree with the need for structure quirks on the pxh arms, otherwise i quite like them. The resize of the lights was hard to take, not for the increased size, but for the change in speed type. They were sooooo sluggish and hard to play yesterday, but getting more into the groove with the new feel today. All in all a great patch with only a few minor quibbles. If you fix the pxh arm quirks i would give this patch an all around A!

#23 Warlord Kentax

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 08:36 PM

Thanks for putting the minimap back to the way it was. Works a lot better. Don't forget, though, if you want to include the minimap from the July 21st patch, all you have to do is make a second radar window in the cockpit, just like in MWLL.

Posted Image

#24 Scanz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 783 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 09:46 PM

New map very cool, better than pre-patch

#25 Drollzy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 157 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPerth

Posted 22 June 2016 - 09:58 PM

Now for the OP long tom. Get rid of it its just junk again if PGI plays the game theyd realise that. Why not change it to drop ship strafe runs every 2 mins instead of God Hammer long tom killing everything. Maps with long tom dont get played. Kind of not what were looking for you know... we want more people playing FP

#26 pacifica812

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAt home, at work, or on the stage... mostly

Posted 22 June 2016 - 10:13 PM

Posted Image

#27 AlphaToaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 22 June 2016 - 10:58 PM

Thank you for the tweaks to the minimap. Much appreciated.

Edited by AlphaToaster, 22 June 2016 - 10:58 PM.

#28 Meppoy

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 11:15 PM

Thanks for the patch and for the hotfix! It's just amazing now. I want to ask only one thing: for which reason you made the overpowered indestructible killer machine from the Locust? It was horrible enough to see all of this invulnerable Oxides, but now... Locusts are making more damage (an average) than Black Knights. What a hell? o___o

#29 K19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 355 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 22 June 2016 - 11:29 PM

Dont Cry MW. Cry lot PGI work fast :DDDDDDDDDD need more Fix plz Fix Army Victor plz

#30 Boyka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 123 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 11:31 PM

View Posttee5, on 22 June 2016 - 06:46 PM, said:

I like the rotation, I like the quadrants shown in each square. I like the orientation of your legs and body.
All fine BUT:

On the old Mini Maps certain Buildings were darker than other buildings, you could recognize ways and streets better, You could actually see where houses are ending, and where the corners are.

Now you have 3 different brown colors, which give a mixture of brown, which makes it hard to recognize anything.
Compare these two maps and you will know what I mean.

Posted Image

Posted Image

This.

New minimap colours palette is more attractive but less funtional. Old one has a better contrast.

#31 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 22 June 2016 - 11:52 PM

Tried It. The game is playable again.

But, You keep your diamonds, and I will keep my cash and time.

#32 Ninjah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 307 posts
  • LocationComstar Lounge

Posted 22 June 2016 - 11:59 PM

Agree on constrast for the minimap. Other than that I like it a lot now. About the Long Tom... It needs to go, it's too OP and needs to be replaced with something else, maybe a base hack that will disable all turrets for the attackers or turret buff for the defenders. A lot of people quit FW since it was introduced.

#33 No One Lives Forever

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 201 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 12:24 AM

Liked the old, not broken minimap more. These diamonds..meh.. Theres much more important stuff to fix and add than "fix" not broken minimap. But well, its better than full map "minimap".

#34 Edward Kampfer

Rookie

• The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 12:55 AM

Thank you PGI for the quick response, keep up the good work. :D

#35 Grey Ghost

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 661 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 01:01 AM

View PostWarlord Kentax, on 22 June 2016 - 08:36 PM, said:

Thanks for putting the minimap back to the way it was. Works a lot better. Don't forget, though, if you want to include the minimap from the July 21st patch, all you have to do is make a second radar window in the cockpit, just like in MWLL.
Spoiler

I'd much rather have something like this than the reported toggle that is being added. Like to avoid adding yet another key to bind if possible.

Edited by Grey Ghost, 23 June 2016 - 01:02 AM.

#36 Speedy Plysitkos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 23 June 2016 - 01:09 AM

good. ...

#37 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 01:11 AM

Only complaint about the new minimap? No doritoes for friendly mechs makes it way too easy to accidentally walk in front of someone while they're firing from behind you, since you have no idea which way they're facing

#38 Stahlherz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 380 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 01:32 AM

Thx for changing it back.

#39 Varvar86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 441 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 23 June 2016 - 01:38 AM

View PostWarlord Kentax, on 22 June 2016 - 08:36 PM, said:

Posted Image

good idea.... or .. or

OR YOU CAN USE 1 OF BAZILLION MONITORS INSIDE COCKPIT.... it's about time to make all that stuff you add inside cockpit useful

Why I'm still keeping that test server client on my PC if you dont do any testing to avoide such situations? Lets test new ideas and decide how threy will work.

Edited by Varvar86, 23 June 2016 - 01:44 AM.

#40 Tiantara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 815 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 02:49 AM

View PostExoForce, on 22 June 2016 - 11:52 PM, said:

Tried It. The game is playable again.

But, You keep your diamonds, and I will keep my cash and time.

- Today diamonds save my live like 5 times... When i found which class mech is i can fast change my strategy to right way. Get used with them and you like them too. Test in warzone of academy. Take friends in private lobby if you have premium time. Test it. When you understand how to use them - game became in a little new angle. Now - need to know what type mech is nad look from cockpit to be sure in which way it look. Great. Just play some test battles.

View PostAudacious Aubergine, on 23 June 2016 - 01:11 AM, said:

Only complaint about the new minimap? No doritoes for friendly mechs makes it way too easy to accidentally walk in front of someone while they're firing from behind you, since you have no idea which way they're facing

- Sorry, but they do that even when they exactly know which way they go (arrows show only leg placement - not torso turn angle) Now - just need to play a little different. No deathball, stay a little spread. Use strong sides of each lances and play smarter. Like - some make enemy busy - some go to their back and shoot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users