65 replies to this topic

#41 Tiantara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 815 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 02:58 AM

View PostDAYLEET, on 22 June 2016 - 06:42 PM, said:

Thanks for map rotation. The zoom could be a bit more zoomed out and now that we have vision_cone on the map and our mech always face where we are going we dont need the big fat ugly arrow on the mini map.

- 2000m is perfect. It nearly max range to visual contact which is 2300-2500. If any of teammates see enemy - you'll see it on mini-map now too. Not somewhere outside of borders. And you can react right. Also it comfort range to get on top all actions with lances - lance can work separately on range from 600m till 1100m. So - at least 2 lances from 3 can know what and when happens on map. Strategy of battles changes... and in a good way. Now command "keep them busy" and "distract them" with "scout from side" - have sense again.

Edited by Tiantara, 23 June 2016 - 03:13 AM.

#42 POWR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 553 posts
  • LocationAarhus, Denmark

Posted 23 June 2016 - 03:24 AM

Bump for toggle on map rotation .

#43 Rurikk82

• Pip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 19 posts
  • Locationcalifornia

Posted 23 June 2016 - 04:01 AM

Loved the idea just poor implementation. In my opinion this hot fix is the best possible compromise possible and I believe,spite the whining from some, will be largely appreciated and accepted. Thanks for putting out a great game and never give up on it. It's a game we enjoy an a franchise sorely missed in the gaming community

#44 shopsmart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 294 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 04:42 AM

Only complaint I got on this fixed map is the contrast / color. Old colors good.

#45 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 23 June 2016 - 04:42 AM

Thanks for the quick turnaround, the large map made it very frustrating to figure out positioning of your mech and your team.

I do hope though that once the ability to zoom the map out comes in that we could also have the option of having a static instead of rotating map. It doesn't need to be the default, but I for one prefer it (as long as it also still shows torso/leg orientation).

#46 Tiantara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 815 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 05:00 AM

View Postshopsmart, on 23 June 2016 - 04:42 AM, said:

Only complaint I got on this fixed map is the contrast / color. Old colors good.

- Hmmm, maybe in future need some settings to make more contrast in game menu. But seems that depends of original map. Try different maps in testgrounds and you'll see.

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 23 June 2016 - 04:42 AM, said:

I do hope though that once the ability to zoom the map out comes in that we could also have the option of having a static instead of rotating map. It doesn't need to be the default, but I for one prefer it (as long as it also still shows torso/leg orientation).

- Rotating map better choice. Implement 2 different mini-map - no need. Also it harder to make - because need to do dynamic cone of view and legs position arrows... no, definitely no need of that. Not right now or close future. Main problems started when your enemy right in front of you, but in map - he is at left side or right or even bottom from your mech. That's make harder to calculate what to do and take off vital seconds. So - minimap as it presents now - best possible variant. No doubts.

#47 CyanEyd

• PipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 83 posts
  • LocationAntelope, CA

Posted 23 June 2016 - 05:09 AM

Thanks PGI, much appreciated!

#48 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 23 June 2016 - 05:35 AM

Thanks PGI for the speedy restoration of minimap usability Posted Image

I'd appreciate if the Summer Solstice Event could be extended to the weekend, to help us make up for lost time?

#49 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 23 June 2016 - 05:36 AM

Is it just me, or was this the fastest PGI response to playerbase feedback when introducing a new unwanted/unliked feature?

I don't think I've ever seen PGI be this fast and effective in saying "oh hells, we were wrong, sorry.. here, we make it better :-)"

Praise is due.. so here it goes..

GOOD WORK PGI!

Haven't tried the new reworks yet, but it seems a lot better than pre-fix from the description..

I know for me the map spin and the directional arrow was an absolute must..

#50 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 23 June 2016 - 06:30 AM

View PostTiantara, on 23 June 2016 - 05:00 AM, said:

- Rotating map better choice. Implement 2 different mini-map - no need. Also it harder to make - because need to do dynamic cone of view and legs position arrows... no, definitely no need of that. Not right now or close future. Main problems started when your enemy right in front of you, but in map - he is at left side or right or even bottom from your mech. That's make harder to calculate what to do and take off vital seconds. So - minimap as it presents now - best possible variant. No doubts.

Posted Image

Personally, I find my bearings in a map much easier when north is always up. That is just how I roll.

#51 Dorci

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 47 posts
  • LocationLow Signal (Hungary)

Posted 23 June 2016 - 07:43 AM

Nice work guys, the new minimap is ok. This is how you should have started. :)

Edited by Dorci, 23 June 2016 - 07:44 AM.

#52 ThatGuy539

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 372 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 23 June 2016 - 08:18 AM

View PostMeppoy, on 22 June 2016 - 11:15 PM, said:

Thanks for the patch and for the hotfix! It's just amazing now. I want to ask only one thing: for which reason you made the overpowered indestructible killer machine from the Locust? It was horrible enough to see all of this invulnerable Oxides, but now... Locusts are making more damage (an average) than Black Knights. What a hell? o___o

Locusts have been this way for a long time. And their damage potential is directly related to their pilots skill/luck and the build they choose. And how much they might be ignored too. (same goes for other fast small light mechs)

Eg. I can do 400+ damage quite often with them, but at least 25% of the games I play I only get double digit damage too. Due to the Locusts being so squishy. One good hit (with full armor) and they are toast. They don't like missiles either.....I miss the days when LRMs could be outrun.

I think the fact that they got smaller is why people are checking them out and we're seeing more of them right now.

If a few guys can pull top damage once in a while, I don't think it calls for the nurf-hammer.
The new mini-map may have also contributed to their recent success. aka..seismic not being useful, people being a bit disorientated, etc.

There also seems to be an abnormal amount of lower tier people playing higher tier during this event. That mixed with the mini-map issue = some uber scores. Posted Image

#53 ThatGuy539

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 372 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 23 June 2016 - 08:23 AM

View PostAudacious Aubergine, on 23 June 2016 - 01:11 AM, said:

Only complaint about the new minimap? No doritoes for friendly mechs makes it way too easy to accidentally walk in front of someone while they're firing from behind you, since you have no idea which way they're facing

At the least it would be nice to see the directional arrows for your own team mates. I understand how it adds to the game for the enemy...needing a command console, TAG, NARC, etc to get more detail on them. But for friendlies, can we have the arrows back? Posted Image

#54 Mighty Spike

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,589 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 23 June 2016 - 09:12 AM

THX for the fast reaction but please these Diamonds are....Want to see on Sismic and Locked Mechs in wich Direction the Enemy is walking(Seismic) , the old Triangle was much better,dont need an directional Arrow for own Team or Enmeys or even my own Mech, the old Triangles are good enough,make it a bit longer to better see in wich Direction the legs are shopwing and everything is fine again. make it choosable in the options Triangle -Directional arrow on off or Diamonds

#55 Revener

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 223 posts
  • LocationSvea Rike

Posted 23 June 2016 - 09:17 AM

We still NEED a different colour for our groupmates instead of them blending into the team and lance colours. Other games have that and I like to be able to see where my groupmates are without reading names.

#56 Tiantara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 815 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 09:45 AM

View PostRevener, on 23 June 2016 - 09:17 AM, said:

We still NEED a different colour for our groupmates instead of them blending into the team and lance colours. Other games have that and I like to be able to see where my groupmates are without reading names.

- Nice idea... but that can mess up with Lance... if you small group - you in lance. If you in bigger group - that you in two lances... seems better idea to add 3rd color to one of lance... to make each lance have own color.

#57 Revener

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 223 posts
  • LocationSvea Rike

Posted 23 June 2016 - 10:06 AM

View PostTiantara, on 23 June 2016 - 09:45 AM, said:

- Nice idea... but that can mess up with Lance... if you small group - you in lance. If you in bigger group - that you in two lances... seems better idea to add 3rd color to one of lance... to make each lance have own color.

Yeah but if you are in a bigger group you ares pread out in more then one lance and I don't see the problem you mention.
Just make all groupmates yelloww like your own mech in the minimap and a darker or lighter shade of the lance colour in the lance member list.

oh and the overhead colour when you look at a mech should be group specific too...

Edited by Revener, 23 June 2016 - 10:07 AM.

#58 Tiantara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 815 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 10:32 AM

View PostRevener, on 23 June 2016 - 10:06 AM, said:

Yeah but if you are in a bigger group you ares pread out in more then one lance and I don't see the problem you mention.
Just make all groupmates yelloww like your own mech in the minimap and a darker or lighter shade of the lance colour in the lance member list.

oh and the overhead colour when you look at a mech should be group specific too...

- Hmmm... I like that idea. Pretty nice. But not yellow... maybe violet or something else... green.

Edited by Tiantara, 23 June 2016 - 10:32 AM.

#59 LordLosh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 10:47 AM

Why are some of you thanking PG and russ like they did something great????!#!
Drives me nutz that they will not and refuse to do any sort of testing or take opinions of people that you know actually play the game. This was all avoidable just like every other fumble they have and we turn around and praise them Waynes world style were not worthy.
Yeah they could have left it and not done anything but they knew people would demand money back on previous orders and stop playing so they had no other choice
Stop rewarding bad behavior for crist sakes

#60 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 23 June 2016 - 12:54 PM

Thank you for the prompt change. The minimap is exactly what it needs to be now. Can you please allow spotters to at least see the orientation of whatever mechs they can see just for themselves at least. More needs to be done to support spotters. Busting their nuts just to get intel should be rewarded.

The command wheel is still very awkward to use and doesnt seem to select what I want.

The re-make of Frozen city seems to be quite cool now but the divide down the middle is too apparent I feel. Anyone who walks this will get cut down in seconds. Instead of an all right city brawl its a massive nascar. I am sure others will share their experiences. I do still miss the old frozen city :|

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users