ISN News Flash

17 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:00 AM

Fri: Dec 9, 3048: Katrina Troth, XO of Com Guards’ First Army, is fending off allegations she participated in a smuggling ring.

#2 feor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:05 AM

Why would this be in the news, isn't the ComGuard supposed to be a secret until Comstar fields them on Tukayyid?

from Sarna:

The presence of the Com Guards was revealed to the Inner Sphere during the Clan Invasion, when the then-Precentor Martial Anastasius Focht struck a deal with the Clans to fight his Com Guards on the planet of Tukayyid for control of the Inner Sphere. The Com Guards won, and bound the Clans to a 15-year truce. In the aftermath of the battle of Tukayyid, the Com Guards were deployed extensively throughout the remnants of the Free Rasalhague Republic as a safeguard should the Clans break their truce.

Not to bash your guys efforts, keep the news coming. :ph34r:

#3 Barantor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,592 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY USA

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:08 AM

It is only a news release to the comstar folks... yeah, that's it....

#4 Deathy

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationNew Capetown.

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:13 AM

But yet they did exist prior to the Clan presence, Originally serving as garrison troops for ComStar's HPG compounds, so I think its more of their presence as a greater fighting force was only shown during the Clan Invasion.

But I see your point, not sure how this is newsworthy to us Inner Sphere folk...

#5 Grotonomus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 367 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMorningside, Pandora OA, Tamar March, Lyran Space, Federated Commonwealth

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:19 AM

What if WE are ComStar........... :ph34r: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

#6 Ghost

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:30 AM

Katrina Troth, born on Robinson, was a controversial choice for the XO of the Com Guards 1st Army stationed in the Draconis Combine. Her education in the Draconis March, a region well-known for its fierce opposition to the Kurita regime of the Draconis Combine, worked against her during her service in the Combine. However, after several years spent as part of the 1st Army -- she joined the elite 91st Division of the 1st Army as a MechWarrior starting in 3033 -- her prejudice was broken down. Awarded repeatedly, Troth rose rapidly in the chain of command, being made Precentor and Executive Officer of the Army in 3045.

This is the second news flash about a notable personality in the Com Guards 1st Army, a capable force that would serve with distinction during the Battle of Tukayyid and beyond, acquiring the nickname the "Bear Maulers" from their fierce battles with Clan Ghost Bear.

Edited by Ghost, 09 December 2011 - 09:39 AM.

#7 Aescwulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 311 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:34 AM

Ghost I'm so glad your around to provide the information that goes along with these news feeds another wise i would be completely useless

#8 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:36 AM

According to Sarna.net the 1st ComGuard Army was under the command of Precentor V Katherine Lucarca in 3050, and it wasn't until 3053 when Katrina Toth was placed in command after Lucarca got promoted...

Edited by Prosperity Park, 09 December 2011 - 09:37 AM.

#9 Ghost

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:36 AM

View PostNitsua Asuka, on 09 December 2011 - 09:34 AM, said:

Ghost I'm so glad your around to provide the information that goes along with these news feeds another wise i would be completely useless

I'm mildly pleased with myself about this particular one -- the only information I could find was hosted on a Spanish fansite! Good thing I'm fluent in Spanish! :V

#10 Garth Erlam

• 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:44 AM

View PostBarantor, on 09 December 2011 - 09:08 AM, said:

It is only a news release to the comstar folks... yeah, that's it....

Yeah, uh, this is the Cer ComStar News Network.

#11 heavyguard

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:45 AM

The ComGuard was 'formed' at the end of the 4th Succession war after Comstar attacked they're own HPG while disguised as AFFS troops. This gave them the excuse to cut off communications to the Federated Commonweath and afterwards deploy they're own troops to defend the HPGs. In reality the ComGuards existed since the fall of the 1st Star League and was just hidden by ComStar.

#12 Dihm

• 3,312 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:51 AM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 09 December 2011 - 09:44 AM, said:

Yeah, uh, this is the Cer ComStar News Network.

I bet it was Matt's fault!

#13 VEDRFOLNIR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationMidwest USA

Posted 09 December 2011 - 03:58 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 09 December 2011 - 09:36 AM, said:

According to Sarna.net the 1st ComGuard Army was under the command of Precentor V Katherine Lucarca in 3050, and it wasn't until 3053 when Katrina Toth was placed in command after Lucarca got promoted...

From the news article, Katrina Toth was listed as XO - Executive Officer - not the CO - Commanding Officer. If that helps...

#14 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 10 December 2011 - 02:04 AM

View Postfeor, on 09 December 2011 - 09:05 AM, said:

Why would this be in the news, isn't the ComGuard supposed to be a secret until Comstar fields them on Tukayyid?

There existence was made officiall after the forth succession war.

#15 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 10 December 2011 - 09:21 AM

Oh, yeah... thanks. I'm terrible with ranking terminology.

#16 Outlaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 321 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Hope and Glory

Posted 10 December 2011 - 12:42 PM

The Almighty Toaster does not approve!

#17 DARK GUARDIAN

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:22 PM

holding my breath, cant wait. santa bring me mechwarrior online for xmas or the xo can smuggle it to me.

#18 Rakett

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:21 AM

The article doesn't state where this alleged activity took place. If she's still stationed within the boarders of the "Draconian Combine" then I offer that she was conducting business as would be acceptable in any other realm of the 'Sphere but somehow failed to meet whatever fluid, oppressive criteria the local warlord was imposing upon imports/exports that particular month. Hey, not that I'm bias...but our typical contract within the FWL runs to about 20 pages...our one and only contract with the snakes, ten times that, no salvage rights and we were stiffed part of our fee due to their claims of numerous "breaches of contract and failure to adhere to protocol". Ok, maybe I am bias...but, just saying...if it looks like a snake, slithers like a snake and hisses like one...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users