Posted 23 June 2016 - 11:14 PM

ggclose

#3 Shu Horus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 133 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 11:36 PM

A short sighted decision of people who do not see or care about the consequences.

A good example how democracy can fail, if you leave the decision to people, who do not have the knowledge to actually make a decision.

#4 Burke IV

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 12:29 AM

#5 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 24 June 2016 - 12:37 AM

very stupid in my opinion form a democratic point of view. an exit should have needed at least 60%

this decision is way to close for a change, what if someone would make a revote next year end the other way around? then back to EU? the year after that out again because of a vew % altering for yes tot he exit?

Such critical changes with logn term consequences should require a clear majority to be done not just a few %.

And from my personal poitn of view, thats sad, Germany, france and UK are the vital parts who need to stick together for a big Peace securing factor in the EU. Things always went sh1tty in history when those 3 worked against each other.

Edited by Lily from animove, 24 June 2016 - 12:41 AM.

#6 Alienized

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 June 2016 - 12:45 AM

take a good look who mainly voted for the exit.
old people that have nothing to do with the future anymore.

thats the proper way to screw up your youth.

#7 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 01:56 AM

View PostAlienized, on 24 June 2016 - 12:45 AM, said:

take a good look who mainly voted for the exit.
old people that have nothing to do with the future anymore.

And they are probably already retired not having to work ^^

Edited by Lily from animove, 24 June 2016 - 03:41 AM.

#8 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:28 AM

and Apollyon has the answer:
The human race is intrinsically evil. Within each and every one of us may be found salvation and hope, intelligence and grace. But to a much greater degree, each and every one of us harbors greed, selfish pride, lust, and ambition the seeds of our own destruction. History teaches that time and again, the will to do evil is strong enough to overpower the will to perform good.

Again each country in Europa fail to remember history, again and again.
Yes lets start to think about our country first, about the others second. The misgiving of national pride ever and ever again .... following peoples who have learned to agitate others.

At least satirist become jobless because reality did become the best satire.

Edited by Karl Streiger, 24 June 2016 - 02:28 AM.

#9 Burke IV

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:56 AM

How sad that people couldnt wish us well. The establishment love "young people" they are much easier to influence, lacking the knowlage and wisdom of age and combined with the feelings of invincibility and optimism that comes with youth. The young get most of their views via "education" and the peer group pressure that surrounds it. Wake up people. Posted Image

Edit: BTW anonimous is trying to start a political party, they need to take the fancy dress off first, but i wish them well.

Edited by Burke IV, 24 June 2016 - 02:57 AM.

#10 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 24 June 2016 - 03:09 AM

View PostBurke IV, on 24 June 2016 - 02:56 AM, said:

How sad that people couldnt wish us well. The establishment love "young people" they are much easier to influence, lacking the knowlage and wisdom of age and combined with the feelings of invincibility and optimism that comes with youth. The young get most of their views via "education" and the peer group pressure that surrounds it. Wake up people. Posted Image

Edit: BTW anonimous is trying to start a political party, they need to take the fancy dress off first, but i wish them well.

Is the EU the best option for a country? No but there it no better. Posted Image
Alone that a guy like trump thinks that the brexit is great should be enough to think about your position. A single country in the EU is not able to contribute in a global market - only as a whole this can work.

But its not the economy that concerns me - the breakdown in inevitable, what concerns me is the rising nationalism in all european countrys plus another financial crisis.

**** man, one of the most precious items in my possession is a wooden spoon.
My great grandfather carved it from the wood the trenches were made of. (WW I)
My mother still remember the glow of Dresden on the horizon, remember the refugee boy she played with on the afternoon of Februar 13th before a train brought him into that town together with others.
Both history is forgotten the last witness of this time period are dying. And there children and grandchildren do the same ******* mistakes again and again.

Yes I know the Brexit doesn't mean war - but there are already darn "EU politicans" that don't want to make it easy for the Great Britain no "Gentleman agreement" - using words like deserter.
I admit those fat ******** are even worser as the Brexit. They ignore that their decision will have influence on "real people" in and outside of Britain.

So yes I wish the people good luck, but only the people. Not those whose greed and ambitions caused the referendum

Edited by Karl Streiger, 24 June 2016 - 03:13 AM.

#11 Unit47

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 03:16 AM

I did bet 45£ on the Brexit :P

On a serious note: Great Britain will be Small England in 2 years and I hope the EU doesn't cave in to you.

#12 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 03:47 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 24 June 2016 - 03:09 AM, said:

Is the EU the best option for a country? No but there it no better. Posted Image
Alone that a guy like trump thinks that the brexit is great should be enough to think about your position. A single country in the EU is not able to contribute in a global market - only as a whole this can work.

But its not the economy that concerns me - the breakdown in inevitable, what concerns me is the rising nationalism in all european countrys plus another financial crisis.

**** man, one of the most precious items in my possession is a wooden spoon.
My great grandfather carved it from the wood the trenches were made of. (WW I)
My mother still remember the glow of Dresden on the horizon, remember the refugee boy she played with on the afternoon of Februar 13th before a train brought him into that town together with others.
Both history is forgotten the last witness of this time period are dying. And there children and grandchildren do the same ******* mistakes again and again.

Yes I know the Brexit doesn't mean war - but there are already darn "EU politicans" that don't want to make it easy for the Great Britain no "Gentleman agreement" - using words like deserter.
I admit those fat ******** are even worser as the Brexit. They ignore that their decision will have influence on "real people" in and outside of Britain.

So yes I wish the people good luck, but only the people. Not those whose greed and ambitions caused the referendum

EU failed to be a "higher country" because most national gouvernemts didn't actually gave up power. Normalle the national gouvernemts could have been replced by a higher Eu gouvernemtn and we had a HUGE country now. But the greed for power prevented that. every country is already like city states, states, then nation, another layer would have not doen harm, instead made a huge powerful Europen state.

Also, blame media, they make people more and more stupid most can't eve do simple math of the 10th grade anymore, how should these people even understand deeper and complex topics the are allowed to vote for.
Democracy will fail, because of idiocracy. Stupid people can not make proper decisions.

Edited by Lily from animove, 24 June 2016 - 03:50 AM.

#13 Burke IV

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 03:55 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 24 June 2016 - 03:47 AM, said:

Stupid people can not make proper decisions.

Now your calling people stupid because they dont share your view? No doubt you think that they need to be governed for their own good, giving them a referendum was a mistake they should never have been given the choice.

Edit: cmon NL, cmon denmark and sweden and france, now is your time. Its your turn to vote.

Edited by Burke IV, 24 June 2016 - 03:56 AM.

#14 Unit47

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 04:00 AM

View PostBurke IV, on 24 June 2016 - 03:55 AM, said:

Now your calling people stupid because they dont share your view? No doubt you think that they need to be governed for their own good, giving them a referendum was a mistake they should never have been given the choice.

Once your countriys economy is on the level of the Northern Kongo (you got no exports, no domestic market to speak of, nothing, nada, except your finance industry, which is moving to Frankfurt with all haste as we speak) I am wondering If you will still call the referendum a brilliant move :D

#15 Baelfire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 112 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 04:00 AM

But the young people are the ones who will have to bear the burden in the future. It will take 10-12 years until the UK feels the full impact of the brexit. Thanks to brexit by 2030 the effective yearly income of an average british familiy will be 4.-5.000 Euros lower now, which will hurt young families with children the most. These numbers are from business people who are trying to plan for the future, not from politicians who bend the numbers to fit their agenda, so i would consider them unbiased.

The british pound is already on its way down and is as weak as it was in the eighties. Most of he bankers and stock brokers will leave Londen and take their jobs, their investors and their own money with them, because London was the entry door to the EU for many non-EU investors.

Scotland made very clear that they want to stay with the EU and will probably leave the UK and become a member of the EU instead. After all, Britians membership in the EU was one of the main reason for the scots to remain in UK a few years ago.

I have lived in Londen for a few years, i have friends and family over there and i wish you the very best. I just don't see it happen.

Edited by Baelfire, 24 June 2016 - 04:05 AM.

#16 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 04:40 AM

View PostBurke IV, on 24 June 2016 - 03:55 AM, said:

Edit: cmon NL, cmon denmark and sweden and france, now is your time. Its your turn to vote.

Yes I call people stupid because I KNOW a large majority of those who do vote in our nowdays demcracies have actually no idea what they vote, often not even what politicians really wanna do. (because most is more about popularity than facts) and they of the bit they know don't even know what consequences it has. So someone making a decision on non existing facts without having an idea about the consequences IS STUPID. you could also just role a dice.

shring a view, and sharing facts and knowledge are two vital things.

Wanna go sailing we me over the ocean? I just won't tell youw hat boat we take, and stuff, maybe we do it, maybe not, who knows. Wouldn't be a clever decision to say yes. But only if you know that I can't sail, we have a boat made of grass and no food and navigation. Surely an extreme example, but most people have no idea about the possible consequences they are allowed to vote for. And BREXIT facst speak vey much a not so good language for the exit. I have pity with those not wanting the exit and suffering from the negative consequences. For all the others not, they made that decision sso they should deal with the consequences.

Edited by Lily from animove, 24 June 2016 - 04:49 AM.

#17 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,269 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 24 June 2016 - 04:41 AM

In a time where the way of life, technology base and our whole subjective reality changes faster and faster....yes YOU need to wake up.
Knowledge and wisdom of now will be old in 10 years because things are changing that fast.
The oldsters are shying away from the changes because they don't realize it can't be stopped.
If you just bail out and step aside life will go on without you.
Now this sounds overly dramatic but seriously ....just think about it this way..... who wants to trade with big Europe and who wants to trade with that little cherrypicking island in atlantik that showed over and over again it can't play along when somebody else is calling the tunes?

#18 Burke IV

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 04:49 AM

I wonder if the euro will even exist in 10 years time. Here is a link to the Bank of England news release.

http://www.bankofeng...ws/2016/056.pdf

Guys just be happy for us.

#19 EvilCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 04:51 AM

View PostBurke IV, on 24 June 2016 - 04:49 AM, said:

Why do you think we aren't happy for you?

#20 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 05:01 AM

View PostBurke IV, on 24 June 2016 - 04:49 AM, said:

I wonder if the euro will even exist in 10 years time. Here is a link to the Bank of England news release.

http://www.bankofeng...ws/2016/056.pdf

better hope you are still happy in 10 years

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users