#61 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 27 June 2016 - 11:15 PM

The whole campaign is quite interesting and enjoyable
As usual the information gathering is a pain, take for example the dozens of charts that say who did vote to remain or to leave.

Next you have another chart with those that didn't vote at all again based on age groups. But again only relative numbers, as usually the creator of such charts choose the age groups to deliver a message.

But with all those relative numbers you still don't get a picture - with a population pyramid the picture becomes clearer. For example the majority of the "old" did vote to leave...but considering their absulut numbers and votes they don't have much impact on the leave or stay vote.

Last not least you shouldn't forget a thing - people that don't go to vote don't have to be stupid - they simply realized that no vote is as good as any vote because they don't think that there will any change to their living. Usually the problem of our countrys.
You can vote or you can abstain and don't vote but it doesn't change much, unlike you make something like a Brexit or Frexit or anyother exit.

View PostNightmare1, on 27 June 2016 - 05:12 PM, said:

Nice to see Britain taking back its sovereignty. From the U.S. to them, "Good show, chaps!"

sovereignty - won't keep your children warm
freedom - don't fill the stomachs of your family

but I'm quite sure that the U.S. will soon help to protect freedom and sovereignty in Venezuela - at least when those people there are able to fulfil their referendum to deselect their government.

Edited by Karl Streiger, 27 June 2016 - 11:18 PM.

#62 Ghos7bearD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 351 posts
  • LocationGermany, Hamburg

Posted 27 June 2016 - 11:27 PM

And last evening we have a brexit 2, the iceland vikings shave the queen.. ah the england boys. ;)

#63 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 28 June 2016 - 02:56 AM

You are in an island.

But some islands are better than others.... and waaaaaaaaaaaaay bigger!!! :D

Posted Image

#64 Burke IV

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 02:59 AM

They were terrible and thats being polite. Well played, go beat france Posted Image

Edit: commentators said it was the worst and most shameful failure sinse we lost blah blah blah and a stain on the honor of every player there haha

Edited by Burke IV, 28 June 2016 - 03:02 AM.

#65 Burke IV

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 03:23 AM

Nigel Farage barking at the EU parliament.

#66 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 28 June 2016 - 05:28 AM

View PostBurke IV, on 28 June 2016 - 02:59 AM, said:

They were terrible and thats being polite. Well played, go beat france Posted Image

Edit: commentators said it was the worst and most shameful failure sinse we lost blah blah blah and a stain on the honor of every player there haha

Which is true.
Beyond commentators rethoric, I've never seen such a bad match from England.....

#67 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 28 June 2016 - 07:49 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 27 June 2016 - 11:15 PM, said:

The whole campaign is quite interesting and enjoyable
As usual the information gathering is a pain, take for example the dozens of charts that say who did vote to remain or to leave.

Next you have another chart with those that didn't vote at all again based on age groups. But again only relative numbers, as usually the creator of such charts choose the age groups to deliver a message.

But with all those relative numbers you still don't get a picture - with a population pyramid the picture becomes clearer. For example the majority of the "old" did vote to leave...but considering their absulut numbers and votes they don't have much impact on the leave or stay vote.

Last not least you shouldn't forget a thing - people that don't go to vote don't have to be stupid - they simply realized that no vote is as good as any vote because they don't think that there will any change to their living. Usually the problem of our countrys.
You can vote or you can abstain and don't vote but it doesn't change much, unlike you make something like a Brexit or Frexit or anyother exit.

sovereignty - won't keep your children warm
freedom - don't fill the stomachs of your family

but I'm quite sure that the U.S. will soon help to protect freedom and sovereignty in Venezuela - at least when those people there are able to fulfil their referendum to deselect their government.

not voting and complaining, that is stupid. The one who does not vote has to accept that others make decisions for them. Anyone who votes is allowed to complaim about both: the decisons made against him, and if the decison he voted for was a lie or executed wrong. But those not voting shall not open their mouth, they accepted anything by not voting..

who needs to cares about their family and their stomaches if you are old and lonely and get your retimenet payments?

#68 MadcatX

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 08:29 PM

View PostLily from animove, on 28 June 2016 - 07:49 AM, said:

not voting and complaining, that is stupid. The one who does not vote has to accept that others make decisions for them. Anyone who votes is allowed to complaim about both: the decisons made against him, and if the decison he voted for was a lie or executed wrong. But those not voting shall not open their mouth, they accepted anything by not voting..

If I am faced with the option of two equally incompetent choices, I'll pass on the vote and complain about the fact that some people live in a country (not just a US thing) that offers 32 flavors of ice cream but only has 2 large political parties.

The political system itself gives me, by default, the right to complain.

#69 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 28 June 2016 - 10:01 PM

View PostMadcatX, on 28 June 2016 - 08:29 PM, said:

If I am faced with the option of two equally incompetent choices, I'll pass on the vote and complain about the fact that some people live in a country (not just a US thing) that offers 32 flavors of ice cream but only has 2 large political parties.

It doesn't become better with more political parties... even with a election that was a complete desaster for the ruling parties in the end the same incompetent guys ruled on
https://www.rt.com/n...-cdu-elections/

#70 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 29 June 2016 - 01:21 AM

View PostMadcatX, on 28 June 2016 - 08:29 PM, said:

afaik there is no law saying there are only two parties allowed, or is there? so theres is still the option to create or choose a third one or a fourth or a fifth.

View PostKarl Streiger, on 28 June 2016 - 10:01 PM, said:

It doesn't become better with more political parties... even with a election that was a complete desaster for the ruling parties in the end the same incompetent guys ruled on
https://www.rt.com/n...-cdu-elections/

nlame the voters who constantly support those parties fooling them. these politicans are not more incompetent than those who vote. Every democracy gets the gouvernment they deserve.

Edited by Lily from animove, 29 June 2016 - 01:22 AM.

#71 Burke IV

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 03:17 AM

We have had a 2 party system in the uk for avery long time. Its con or lab. Lib dems were too small to ever gain power and so were a wasted vote, bnp, ukip and other right wingers were evil, should not be voted for ever and the other partys would combine to keep them out, going so far as to redraw the boundrys of counting areas to break up their support. Sinse your only choices were cons or labour, both of whom were pro EU, the voter had no atcual choice and refusing to participate was really the only protest they could make - being an evil racist if they voted for any of the partys with an anti EU message. Every election they counted the vote and bemoaned low turnout, but never once did they change their policys to bring more voters in. Somewhat skewed democracy to me. When they got the choice, the voice of those denyed for so long was expressed. Even now some try to deny democracy because the result didnt fit with their ideas.

#72 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 29 June 2016 - 03:17 AM

Make Britain great again!

(in all seriousness, England and its *****boy Wales were always distant cousin to the EU)

Edited by El Bandito, 29 June 2016 - 03:19 AM.

#73 Burke IV

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 03:27 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 29 June 2016 - 03:17 AM, said:

England and its *****boy Wales

I have always though very highly of the welsh. Honest, decent people and every one i have met so far has reinforced that. Looks like more bitterness towards people who just want to go their own way.

Edit: BTW Mr.Nice - good film worth a watch.

Edited by Burke IV, 29 June 2016 - 03:29 AM.

#74 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 03:31 AM

View PostBurke IV, on 29 June 2016 - 03:27 AM, said:

I have always though very highly of the welsh. Honest, decent people and every one i have met so far has reinforced that. Looks like more bitterness towards people who just want to go their own way.

Edit: BTW Mr.Nice - good film worth a watch.

I don't give a lick about Brexit. I only know that Wales will go with whatever England decides cause it has been England's bitchboy, ever since Longshanks showed them who's boss.

Edited by El Bandito, 29 June 2016 - 03:34 AM.

#75 Burke IV

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 03:33 AM

be honest, you know nothing about wales and have probably never even met a welsh man.

Edit: i dont know about any long shanks but there was one king who determined to passify wales. He built so many castles he broke the bank it didnt work tho. Welsh know this story better than me.

Edited by Burke IV, 29 June 2016 - 03:38 AM.

#76 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 03:42 AM

View PostBurke IV, on 29 June 2016 - 03:33 AM, said:

be honest, you know nothing about wales and have probably never even met a welsh man.

Edit: i dont know about any long shanks but there was one king who determined to passify wales. He built so many castles he broke the bank it didnt work tho. Welsh know this story better than me.

I am a student of history. I know full well that Wales had become internationally irrelevant after subjugated by the English in the 13th Century and later adopted English laws in the 16th century. It was known as "England's first colony", and in many ways, it still is.

Edited by El Bandito, 29 June 2016 - 03:43 AM.

#77 Burke IV

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 03:46 AM

Well then you know history better than me. I still say its bitterness. And rudeness.

#78 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 03:54 AM

View PostBurke IV, on 29 June 2016 - 03:46 AM, said:

Well then you know history better than me. I still say its bitterness. And rudeness.

I, a Mongolian, have no reason to be bitter about Brexis. I would however, apologize to all Welsh forumers if they were offended by my remarks.

#79 Malavai Fletcher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 143 posts
  • LocationErrrrr....C3?

Posted 29 June 2016 - 05:03 PM

View PostBurke IV, on 29 June 2016 - 03:17 AM, said:

We have had a 2 party system in the uk for avery long time. Its con or lab. Lib dems were too small to ever gain power and so were a wasted vote

The thing was Nick Clegg almost changed that,the Lib Dems suddenly looked like a third option and made massive gains,the conservatives won....just....and needed an alliance to hold government,so they turned to the lib dems,and then it all went horribly wrong for the lib dems.

Nick Clegg managed to destroy everything they had built because Cameron dangled the deputy PM position in his face....and the dumbarse took it.

#80 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 01 July 2016 - 03:19 PM

View PostArend, on 24 June 2016 - 07:51 AM, said:

So the old and bitter messed up the Future of the young, really depressing that populism and stupidity excels over rational politics and facts!

Posted Image

voting in the UK is anonymous, the figures you quote are based on what a tiny percentage of the voting population said they would do about a week before the vote,

the small print says that article is based on a survey of 1652 people, that is a statistically insignificant number, roughly 1 in 28 thousand people of voting age in the UK, even if we assume everyone who answered was truthful and did not change their mind before the vote, that pole literally has more than a 99.99% margin for error when calculating how the whole population voted.

for the record I voted leave and the vast majority of people I have discussed it with who range from early 20s to late 50s say they voted to leave, and this is people from a part of the UK where immigration is not much of an issue (migration of people leaving London, driving up house prices and creating massive demand for more housing thus destroying the countryside which is a big part of the reason my area is attractive to the people moving here, is far more of a problem) and the area does pretty well out of EU subsidies.

my reasons were to stop loosing 8.5bn a year to the EU (the UK pay in 13, get about 4.5 back), have the chance to limit immigration (which is fuelling unsustainable levels of population growth, in my opinion the UK is already over populated, native birthrates are at maintenance levels, immigration and births to immigrants are causing about an extra half a million people a year in the UK, and the fastest population growth rate in Europe, population is growing faster than new houses are being built to house those people leading to housing costs massively increasing in many parts of the UK, and rapid destruction of the countryside at least in my area with loss of farmland for new housing) and to regain control over legislation.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users