6 replies to this topic

#1 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 24 June 2016 - 01:49 PM

The British have left the EU. Stock market drops, everyone freaks out. I say give them a chance. It may actually turn out to be something good, not just for the British, but for everyone else also. They made a choice. I say support their choice and lets see what they can do!

#2 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,966 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:30 PM

when Germany pulls out of the EU that will be more important

#3 The Mech behind you

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationGermany, Northern Baden-Württemberg

Posted 25 June 2016 - 10:08 AM

View PostDavegt27, on 24 June 2016 - 02:30 PM, said:

when Germany pulls out of the EU that will be more important

don't worry. Our government would never ever allow us to make any decisions about EU stuff.

Edited by The Mech behind you, 25 June 2016 - 10:16 AM.

#4 Burke IV

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 10:43 AM

The post above did make me think how lucky we were to even get the choice. However it turns out, im glad my country grew a pair. The rage has been delicious almost worth it for that alone. Boris Johnson said "take the wind out of the sails of the extremists and those who play politics with immigration" That can be read in whatever way pleases the reader, but the more it sinks in im actually feeling quite hopeful... for the first time for as long as i can remember. I have never voted in my life, they managed to get me on the register for the big vote, so now ill take an interest again

Edited by Burke IV, 25 June 2016 - 11:05 AM.

#5 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 25 June 2016 - 11:44 AM

View PostKalimaster, on 24 June 2016 - 01:49 PM, said:

The British have left the EU.

sorry but the above statement is inaccurate, the Brittish have voted to leave the EU, it will likely be 2-3 years before we actually get out, and there is a chance another government will be elected before then and they will not be bound by the promises the current government made.

I personally voted to leave (because of the amount of money we pay to the EU, the loss of sovereign powers with the EU having powers lo legislate for all members, and the huge population growth fuelled by immigration which the government can do little about so long as we are in the EU, which has massively increased costs of housing in my area due to wealthy people abandoning London and the other cities in favour of rural areas like the area I grew up in and have no desire to leave), but it was 51.9% who voted in favour of the exit, 48.1% against.

View PostKalimaster, on 24 June 2016 - 01:49 PM, said:

Stock market drops, everyone freaks out. I say give them a chance. It may actually turn out to be something good, not just for the British, but for everyone else also. They made a choice. I say support their choice and lets see what they can do!

but yes, I agree, give it a chance, I am fairly sure there will be far less of an impact than the "remain" voters fear.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users