#22 Stingray Productions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 03:21 PM

View PostOdanan, on 09 July 2016 - 07:01 AM, said:

Something like this, but with "MWO" pixel mechs:
Posted Image
(The Crescent Hawk's Revenge)

Nailed it! That is exactly what I would love to see! :)

#23 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 13 July 2016 - 09:40 AM

View PostOdanan, on 11 July 2016 - 09:47 AM, said:

Can someone consider to do next the Stone Rhino? (specially this version)

It's a lot trickier to get the shapes and light/shadow right when you don't have a pic from head-on. I might give it a shot down the road, but I have a lot of personal favorite mechs I'd like to do up first.

#24 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 18 July 2016 - 02:21 PM

Posted Image

Does the Cougar have a model designation? I liked CGR but the Charger has it already.

(edited for slightly less lazy version with revised shoulders for better depth, totally redone arms, and changes to the legs since I was using some of Alistair's Adder parts previously... recycling old content just like Clan Jade Falcon did when they designed the Cougar lol)

Edited by Luscious Dan, 19 July 2016 - 07:34 AM.

#25 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 19 July 2016 - 08:22 AM

Also wish to confirm that I'm doing a Templar next. Part MW4, part MWO, all sexy Posted Image

#26 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 20 July 2016 - 09:04 AM

Posted Image

The main post has been updated with this image, combining all the IS assaults to date. I also made the Mauler a couple pixels taller, since the scaling update made just about everything 70+ tons bigger.

The newest addition is a Templar, a rare Inner Sphere omnimech and one of the poster boys of MW4 Mercenaries. The Prime configuration mounts Gauss, SSRM4, 2xER mediums, LPL and MPL to its 85-ton frame. Plenty of intriguing variants exist if MWO ever moves the timeline up to the 3060s. I don't know if they could consider introducing it now, with all the rotary autocannons, UAC10, heavy PPCs, larger streak racks, LB20X, etc. needed to make some variants work.

As with most MW4 mechs the hard points didn't make much sense, and I had to make some changes when I realized one of the good reference images I was using was flipped horizontally, placing the SSRM4 launcher on the wrong side Posted Image Anyway working on the Templar was a fun but challenging experience, with the different aesthetics and lack of good reference material. I don't own any miniatures of the Templar, so I couldn't hold one in my hand like I did with the Fafnir.

Edited by Luscious Dan, 20 July 2016 - 09:05 AM.

#27 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 20 July 2016 - 10:53 AM

Not enough legs.

(Good job though. Everyone's pixelmechs look so good.)

#28 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 20 July 2016 - 01:38 PM

Got a <3 on Twitter from the original MW4 artist, David White (mechazone), after tagging him in a post about the pixel Templar. That feels pretty damn good.

#29 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 03 August 2016 - 11:12 AM

Just in case anyone thought I was being lazy, that's not exactly the case :)

It all started when I made some adjustments to Alistair's Kodiak head, and then spiraled wildly out of control from there. I've been working on a big batch of Clan mechs, quite literally all of them in the game so far. I used Alistair's as a jumping off point and went ahead and redid just about everything in my slightly different style (and in some cases to show the stock Prime variants and their weapons... I do what I can to make sure missile racks show the right number of missiles etc.). Currently I need to finish the Ebon Jaguar's legs, and then the lights and heavies are done. Random bits of work are done on the mediums/assaults but they need to be finalized. I'll post them all in one big update.

Some parts have been super fun, while others have been very challenging or downright frustrating (Summoner torso and the entire Mist Lynx since the thing is SO TINY!).

#30 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 03 August 2016 - 11:27 AM

View PostLuscious Dan, on 03 August 2016 - 11:12 AM, said:

Just in case anyone thought I was being lazy, that's not exactly the case Posted Image

It all started when I made some adjustments to Alistair's Kodiak head, and then spiraled wildly out of control from there. I've been working on a big batch of Clan mechs, quite literally all of them in the game so far. I used Alistair's as a jumping off point and went ahead and redid just about everything in my slightly different style (and in some cases to show the stock Prime variants and their weapons... I do what I can to make sure missile racks show the right number of missiles etc.). Currently I need to finish the Ebon Jaguar's legs, and then the lights and heavies are done. Random bits of work are done on the mediums/assaults but they need to be finalized. I'll post them all in one big update.

Nice! I'm looking forward for them.

#31 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 04 August 2016 - 10:42 AM

Soon Posted Image ~12 designs down and a handful more to go...

I'm also working on a Wolf's Dragoons logo (refining the teenie tiny one HBS slipped into the kickstarter resources for the turn-based game... it ditched the Disney/Wile E. Coyote motif but still needed some additional work) and I might get those printed onto some dice. But that's a whole other project :D

#32 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 04 August 2016 - 06:09 PM

Awesome, the more the merrier! (and also the more that can be in the game I'm making with themPosted Image )

#33 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 06 August 2016 - 10:43 AM

Posted Image

Here's a preview of the batch, I surprisingly had a lot of fun with the Gargoyle (don't like the mech much, but it was fun to do in pixel form anyway).

I feel I can't stress this enough, but I couldn't and wouldn't be doing any of this without Alistair Winter setting the example. I don't want it to seem like I'm unhappy with his results or his style, I just wanted to try the older mechs and not limit myself to things he hasn't done yet. He remains the OG, the Master of Pixels, I'm just having fun doing my thing also :)

#34 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 09 August 2016 - 05:53 AM

Personally, I'd love to see more non-MWO mechs! Can has Bushwacker plz? Posted Image

Edited by CapperDeluxe, 09 August 2016 - 05:53 AM.

#35 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 09 August 2016 - 06:53 AM

Non-MWO mechs are a lot harder to do, with the different visual style and lack of good reference material. For newer MWO models you have the orthographic/blueprint images, and for anything else you can rotate the model in the game and grab your own screenshots easily. I'll put Bushwacker on the idea list for later, hopefully PGI beats me to it at some point though :)

#36 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 09 August 2016 - 05:10 PM

Another tech demo with new stuff, and some of your mechs added to the collection :)

#37 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 09 August 2016 - 05:43 PM

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 09 August 2016 - 05:10 PM, said:

Another tech demo with new stuff, and some of your mechs added to the collection Posted Image

My God, it's amazing!

#38 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 12 August 2016 - 08:23 AM

If we had pixel mechs from the side, it could make an interesting platformer :P But most mechs would look like arse from the side :P

#39 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 15 August 2016 - 10:25 AM

I'm procrastinating hard on the Dire Wolf/Warhawk pixel mechs, to the point where I did the Viper and Huntsman without having any ability to turn them around in the mech bay and assess the shapes. That made it way harder (Huntsman overall was super tough to capture in this format), but I'm not looking forward to the Warhawk torso ... running out of other things to do first. Maybe finish the IICs :P

#40 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 24 August 2016 - 10:25 AM

Posted Image

All right folks, the big update has arrived. Almost all of the clan mechs currently in-game, plus the Cougar, Huntsman and Marauder IIC.

Executioner continues to defeat me, I think I need to start it over and see if I can make the torso/head work. The Origins IIC will join when I get a chance to redo the Exe, but I don't want to hold up this update any more :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users