8 replies to this topic

#1 Not A Real RAbbi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 25 June 2016 - 08:43 PM

Okay, this is an OCCASIONAL thing. Doesn't happen often, and I have no idea how to reproduce it. From what I can tell, it usually happens only if all the target mechs in a wave were killed pretty quickly after they spawned, or really far from my mech. Not sure. Anyhow, behold the video showing me waiting, waiting, waiting, for another mech to spawn in that wave of the event, and it never happening. :/

I've seen this a few times since the Academy came around. Figured it's about time I get something to show it to y'all.

#2 Dave Forsey

Senior Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 198 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 12:31 PM

Sad now...

The previous round completes and then nothing spawns at all, or they just stop spawning within a round?

#3 Not A Real RAbbi

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 02:10 PM

View PostDave Forsey, on 29 June 2016 - 12:31 PM, said:

Sad now...

The previous round completes and then nothing spawns at all, or they just stop spawning within a round?

They stop within a round. Sorry, should have been more specific. Check the scoreboard right at the end of the video. 7 mechs destroyed, but there should have been 8 in that round. No mechs were spawning, though, which is why I suicided and ended the round.

Oh, yeah, speaking of suicide, the little dialog window with CPT Adams's face, that pops up when I overheat? Never times out and goes away. It stays. If I overheat again, it'll advance to the next dialog, but whichever was the last (most recent) one stays up there. Not sure, but I THINK it goes away if my mech is destroyed. Might have to check that for ya.

Anyhow, the original problem is OCCASIONAL. It's happened MAYBE 3 or 4 times that I remember, since the Academy launched, and I use that Onslaught feature quite a bit.

Keep up the awesome work with the Academy! ;) It really is a valuable, high-quality feature!

#4 Galaxie 500

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 02:32 AM

Hi, new player here, been hitting the Academy for hours every night for a week so far.

The issue with CPN Adams's overheat popup persisting through the end of a round is still live.

As for the final mech not spawning in Onslaught, I don't believe I've seen that in Onslaught, but I have seen it in Shooting Gallery, and in fact it is quite frequent there. In my experience so far it's happening about 10% of the times I do the Shooting Gallery event, maybe a little more.

It's either that the final mech of a round doesn't spawn, or maybe just that the killing of the final one fails to trigger the end of the round. Either way, the simulator keeps sitting there with the music playing but there is nothing left to do. The count of enemies left works all the way through the round, and I forget if it goes to 0 at the final kill and then the round just fails to end, or maybe the count disappears without going to 0 (and maybe that would help explain the problem).

Seems to me you would easily re-create this and see it for yourself if you play enough Shooting Gallery. In case it helps to recreate the problem, I have been playing only in trial mechs and also the ones standing in the Academy that we can switch into (I'm loving the Firebrand in there, by the way, but it's spoiling me since it's not available as a trial mech!). I don't know why else you wouldn't see the same problem if you try enough rounds, unless somehow the problem is machine or client dependent. I have a Windows 10 x64 pro machine and am playing on that client, not Steam, in case that helps/matters.

#5 Dave Forsey

Senior Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 198 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 11:14 AM

Ok, thanks. I'll see that the shooting gallery issue is logged.

I am very pleased to hear that the Academy challenges have been of use.

#6 Not A Real RAbbi

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 08:17 PM

Had the Adams-heat thing for as long as I can remember. The mechs-not-spawning thing WAS gone for a while, and then so was I. I'm getting ramped back up into MWO lately, and I've noticed it happening again. Last round of three, 8 target mechs. Kill 7. 7th one explodes on the ground, message pops up that there's 1 target remaining. It never appears. No red diamond. No mech. No nothing.

STILL finding the Academy quite helpful, by the way. Kudos, Mr. Forsey, to you and your team.

#7 Dave Forsey

Senior Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 198 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 08:58 AM

View PostNot A Real RAbbi, on 31 January 2017 - 08:17 PM, said:

Had the Adams-heat thing for as long as I can remember. The mechs-not-spawning thing WAS gone for a while, and then so was I. I'm getting ramped back up into MWO lately, and I've noticed it happening again. Last round of three, 8 target mechs. Kill 7. 7th one explodes on the ground, message pops up that there's 1 target remaining. It never appears. No red diamond. No mech. No nothing. STILL finding the Academy quite helpful, by the way. Kudos, Mr. Forsey, to you and your team.

Adams is not doing his job... bug logged.

#8 Not A Real RAbbi

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:29 AM

View PostDave Forsey, on 01 February 2017 - 08:58 AM, said:

Adams is not doing his job... bug logged.

Adams has a shiny new medium mech to deal with. ;) Pricey, too. Must be $OMEONE looking out for him out there...

#9 Apollo777

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 265 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 04 February 2017 - 09:40 AM

View PostDave Forsey, on 16 January 2017 - 11:14 AM, said:

Ok, thanks. I'll see that the shooting gallery issue is logged.

I am very pleased to hear that the Academy challenges have been of use.

I just wanted to say Academy is one of the best features in the game (to me) and i use it for variety of purposes!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users