My Lego Bushwacker

Art Misc

4 replies to this topic

#1 Tyutyu

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 03:52 PM

Greetings Mechwarriors,

I fell in love with the Bushwacker mech when I first started playing MW3. Then I fell in love with it more, when I saw its running animation in Mechcommander Gold and MW4. Maybe I'am crazy, but it just warms my heart to watch a Bushwacker run . * I added this information for a reasonPosted Image

I grew up playing with Lego until I was 12. Then life changed and I spent all my time chasing girls, so I thought that was the end of Lego. After 17 years and my Daughter at the age of 3, I dug up the Lego in 2014.

After watching the Lego Bushwacker designed by Primus for years thinking, that there is nothing I could add to make his design better, my daughters creativity swept me with her.

It started 2 months ago. I could not sleep at night so I fired up Ldd in one window and screenshots of the Bushwacker from MW4 in the other.

I took the static model designed by Primus and redesigned it to be fully posable. I kept the center cockpit size unchanged, but I have increased every other part by about 33%. Structural integrity is fantastic with low weight, that is relocated, so the mech does not fall back. The size changes made it very tricky to get the angles right, but I think I nailed it.

* The most important factor was to make it look like it is running and gunning.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted ImageLego Bushwacker Mech Moc from Mechwarrior 4 by Andras Pacza, on Flickr

Hope you guys and girls like it and I can get back to sleeping properly. Too bad I'am dreaming with the Mad Dog lately Posted Image

Cheers

Tyutyu

Edit: Added more pictures

Edited by Tyutyu, 09 September 2016 - 11:13 AM.

#2 TheMundaneYesYes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 133 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 06:04 PM

I am with you in saying the Buchwaker is my favorite mech. I too got into Mech Warrior/Battle Tech with MW3 (That I can remember anyway) I still remember stomping those clanners that ran around on the beach to this day.

Great Work! I have never been able to build anything out of Legos but Knix was a different story.

Edited by Number767, 28 June 2016 - 06:05 PM.

#3 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 28 June 2016 - 06:49 PM

man I wanna build one!

I got a whole bunch of those things and I dunno what to do except this!

#4 Stingray Productions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 08:25 PM

You are awesome! ;) You mean you designed that thing?! Man, Lego's should buy it from you, that's true professional quality right there! :)

#5 Tyutyu

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 11:50 PM

View PostNumber767, on 28 June 2016 - 06:04 PM, said:

I am with you in saying the Buchwaker is my favorite mech. I too got into Mech Warrior/Battle Tech with MW3 (That I can remember anyway) I still remember stomping those clanners that ran around on the beach to this day.

Great Work! I have never been able to build anything out of Legos but Knix was a different story.

I am glad you feel the same way and share the same memory.

View PostProcurator Derek, on 28 June 2016 - 06:49 PM, said:

man I wanna build one!

I got a whole bunch of those things and I dunno what to do except this!

Yes I tried to keep as many generic inexpensive parts in the design as possible, but some parts I just had to order for gold price to finish the mech. These rare parts are the hollow supports in the Weapon pods and the angled (armor)plating on the sides of the legs as they are very rare in red color.

View PostStingray1234, on 28 June 2016 - 08:25 PM, said:

You are awesome! Posted Image You mean you designed that thing?! Man, Lego's should buy it from you, that's true professional quality right there! Posted Image

Yes I designed this Lego, but I just emulated a fantastic shape that was layed down for me by a designer unknown to me who designed this Bushwacker for Mechwarrior 4. I also used and improved the Lego cockpit / front torso design that was already out there by the Lego builder called Primus.

Everything else is my own design: Arms, Weapons, Legs, LRM/SRM launcher, Rear torso, Lower torso

Edited by Tyutyu, 29 June 2016 - 11:52 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users