Most Anti-Meta-Mech?

53 replies to this topic

#41 Mazzyplz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 10:11 AM

View PostBespoke Cheese Cake, on 30 June 2016 - 04:31 AM, said:

Anti Meta? How about Standard Heat Sinks? I present to you My revised version of the 37 heat sink Banshee

LoserTech: BNC-3S

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...750b8681e85c4f8

upgraded your single heatsink build to LPLs.

#42 krevLL

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 100 posts
  • LocationPolar Highlands - wait, no, Canada.

Posted 20 July 2016 - 11:06 AM

Everyone runs LRM or SRM/SSRM Mad Dogs, mine does use LRMs (3*LRM5) to keep me occupied at the beginning but I primarily use my LB20X, with some ERMLs thrown in every now and then. Or a 5 Flamer 6SRMA6. Maybe?

#43 Krostif

• PipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 39 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 25 July 2016 - 11:43 AM

The pretty baby

Enough said rly

#44 Mazzyplz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 09:46 PM

i find these days the awesome is no longer the least used machine anymore.

my most hipster mech right now is the dakka dragon.

however it still suffers from the fact that enemy can spread all your damage. relying on autocannons is very much anti meta even if i use some other backup weaps

but hey it works. it can wreck any mech if you can deal with not getting shot back by more than 1 mech (tricky with a dps build like this - you end up playing a 2nd line mech or dealing with the flanker/sniper)

#45 Aerei

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 127 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 09:56 AM

The Spider 5K, when you think about it, is an anti meta build.

Now before you hit that post button, think about it. We are in a metagame dominated by boating--namely laser vomit, dakka, and SRM brawlers. We stack weapons with either a high alpha, or a high DPS. Even light mechs fall into this category, boating multiple small pulse lasers, or SRMs, or sticking on as many large lasers as they reasonably can for good sniping. The Spider 5K doesn't do any of that. It uses one large pulse laser (or ER Large), and four machine guns--a weapon generally considered useless. In fact, when Gman first put it on Tier 2, I remember the community met it with a lot of confusion. It's a mech that can get results, has gotten results, and fills a small, highly specialized niche.

Getting the job done while flying in the face of metagame expectations. That, to me, is the definitely anti meta mech.

#46 habu86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 248 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 10:06 AM

AC-20 Raven?

#47 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 30 July 2016 - 02:19 PM

My Vindicator 1AA. ASRM6, 2 x MPL, 2 x ML std260. Works too.

#48 Maker L106

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 250 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 07:22 AM

View PostVermin, on 28 June 2016 - 04:39 PM, said:

Well, the current meta seems to favor pretty much anything but gauss rifles... So, anything with gauss rifles?

Actually, I ran into a guy a few days ago using a boomjack, or something similar (i'm still bad at identifying mechs at extreme range by silhouette) but as i turned to run away after he hammered my CT he did the same to my back and absolutely wrecked me. Was piloting my shadow cat at the time so adjust opinions on armor accordingly but the fact that one shot from two popped my front armor (which was only slightly grazed beforehand) and sent me running only to be ripped up immediately after he reloaded. Yeah i look out for Gauss now.

It may be that I'm just not skilled enough to see what to do in these situations but that certainly sent me running either way.

#49 Garfuncle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 276 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 03:35 PM

Highlander IIC. People say it's bad, but the IIC-C can mount weapons that encroach on Kodiak/Dire Wolf territory. 2UAC 10s, 2LPL, 1MED for a scary *** fire support platform. Contrary to common belief, they can be quite tanky with the right twisting. Especially now that they have received significant quirks. They have two massive arms for shielding, and even your weapon arm has a massive amount of armor+quirks that you can use without worrying about losing it fast. The other variants? Meh. Lrmlander can be fun, so can the A quad PPC blaster. But the C is where it's at.

#50 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 19 August 2016 - 04:11 PM

View PostTesunie, on 28 June 2016 - 02:25 PM, said:

Atlas 7S: Has an LBx10. Enough probably said there. Then, it also carries two LLs, which diversifies the build into a more mixed build. Once again, probably considered too slow, and not focused enough. (Yet can melt another assault in 3-4 volleys up close.)

Only problem is you can't fire 3-4 volleys up close, it's too hot. And that's assuming the taking out of the LL in brawl, you're doing 54dmg and then super hot in 3 shots.

THIS would be far better for a bit of a left field build.

Slightly less alpha, way more speed, you don't wanna be STD300 slow. You can squeeze a STD340 (over the 330/335) if you trim a little in the right areas. Doing 48dmg but you can do that 5 times no worries, and 5x48 is a lot better than 3x54 with much greater manoeuvrability and less face time due to not having to worry about ML firing time. Shoot and twist - any spare heat, hit the large lasers ;)

#51 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 19 August 2016 - 09:05 PM

View PostR31Nismoid, on 19 August 2016 - 04:11 PM, said:

Only problem is you can't fire 3-4 volleys up close, it's too hot. And that's assuming the taking out of the LL in brawl, you're doing 54dmg and then super hot in 3 shots.

THIS would be far better for a bit of a left field build.

Slightly less alpha, way more speed, you don't wanna be STD300 slow. You can squeeze a STD340 (over the 330/335) if you trim a little in the right areas. Doing 48dmg but you can do that 5 times no worries, and 5x48 is a lot better than 3x54 with much greater manoeuvrability and less face time due to not having to worry about ML firing time. Shoot and twist - any spare heat, hit the large lasers Posted Image

Although I would not fault your build (and if you like your version I'd even encourage you to play it), I'd probably question some of the things you are doing while piloting my build.

For starters, if you are full on alphaing in close range, you are piloting my build wrong. It's a range bracketed build. Use the LLs only for range and the occasional burst at close range if needed. I can easily get two or three alphas before threatening shutdown when in close quarters by not shooting the LLs when utilizing the SRMs/LBx. Often times, the MLs are used sparingly, and often only when I'm down a side torso. (Zombie abilities, come in too handy so it makes it worth the 2 tons for the CT MLs.)

I also tend to hit override when I'm engaging another assault, and just keep alphaing until they are dead (using only the SRMs and LBx). I tend to kill another 100 ton mech in 3 alphas, sometimes a fourth might be needed. (Then turn off the override if I am overheating.) And, reminder, by Alpha, I mean shooting only the SRMs and LBx. Maybe the MLs on occasion if they still have armor or maybe for the first shot at close range.

As a range bracketed build, you shoot what weapons are at range. The LLs are for those times that you are not close yet and have a shot. Lets face it, it's an assault mech. It isn't going to get close to the enemy very quickly. Better to have something, rather than nothing at all. (I don't like feeling helpless.)

As I said, it's a good powerful close in fighter. It's a matter of how you use it. If all you do is alphas, than it probably will not serve you very well. I also don't mind your variant of the build, and if it works for you have at it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users