Pxh Refund?

99 replies to this topic

#1 Darky101

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 219 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 06:16 AM

So whats the deadline to refund the Phoenixterybadhawk?
Or when can we expect a fix for them?
Have you refunded your pack?

Ok edit: they could be good, i see the potential, but without arm structure they are a waste of money, and they may never get the buff that they need and i don't wanna run out of time. I can spread the damage and speed tank but there are good pilots who can shoot and still hit your arms, not hard to hit them anyway.

Edited by Darky101, 27 June 2016 - 06:45 AM.

#2 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 27 June 2016 - 06:23 AM

No refunds once delivered. If you didn't know at quirks they were gonna suck, that's on you.

#3 Bluefalcon13

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 355 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

Posted 27 June 2016 - 06:31 AM

Really? Wow. Been out for a week and already want your money back.

I am not going to ask for a refund, and to be honest, I want all of em. Got get the 2 packs I am missing. I love these things. Pretty much everything I have wanted in a medium. Fast, maneuverable, mech that plays alot like a light. But hey, I love to drive my TDK before quirks so maybe it's the mech-jock I am. Also loved my stock config summoners...

#4 SmoothCriminal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 815 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 06:32 AM

Some structure/armour buffs to the arms and maybe a lil bit of energy love and they'll be very competitive...

#5 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 27 June 2016 - 06:44 AM

I believe the policy is that you can't get a refund if you have used or modified the mech you purchased or used the Premium time that came with the pre-order bonus.

Best to ask Support though.

And yes, I would recommend that no one pay real money for any mech unless they are absolutely positive they will enjoy playing it regardless of size, hitboxes or quirks, or unless they know they won't care if it turns out to be worthless. Personally, I'm never buying another mech pack unless said mech has over 9000 hardpoints. A low number of hardpoints or a low engine cap are now deal-breakers for me. Should have learned this lesson after the Shadow Cat, really.

Edited by Alistair Winter, 27 June 2016 - 06:44 AM.

#6 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 27 June 2016 - 06:46 AM

View PostDarky101, on 27 June 2016 - 06:16 AM, said:

So whats the deadline to refund the Phoenixterybadhawk?
Or when can we expect a fix for them?
Have you refunded your pack?

Ok edit: they could be good, i see the potential, but without arm structure they are a waste of money, and they may never get the buff that they need and i don't wanna run out of time. I can spread the damage and speed tank but there are good pilots who can shoot and still hit your arms, not hard to hit them anyway.

My trebuchets feel no pity for you.

#7 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 27 June 2016 - 06:54 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 27 June 2016 - 06:44 AM, said:

And yes, I would recommend that no one pay real money for any mech unless they are absolutely positive they will enjoy playing it regardless of size, hitboxes or quirks, or unless they know they won't care if it turns out to be worthless. Personally, I'm never buying another mech pack unless said mech has over 9000 hardpoints. A low number of hardpoints or a low engine cap are now deal-breakers for me. Should have learned this lesson after the Shadow Cat, really.

Aye. And i'm not buying any mech pack that isn't the Scorpion.

#8 SpiralFace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 27 June 2016 - 06:57 AM

Never buy a mech based on quirks or the lack of quirks as those can change on a monthly basis.

You do you, but at least give it a month and see what they do. They might give it some love.

Contrary to popular belief they don't go through and make sure that everything is overpowered only to tone it down for c-Bill release. Just ask the Shadow cat. Garbage on release, but in a really good spot now.

#9 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 27 June 2016 - 07:01 AM

View PostSpiralFace, on 27 June 2016 - 06:57 AM, said:

Never buy a mech based on quirks or the lack of quirks as those can change on a monthly basis.

You do you, but at least give it a month and see what they do. They might give it some love.

Contrary to popular belief they don't go through and make sure that everything is overpowered only to tone it down for c-Bill release. Just ask the Shadow cat. Garbage on release, but in a really good spot now.

Gargoyle, Mist Lynx and Ice Ferret all agree with that statement, like the Viper too....

#10 Darian DelFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 27 June 2016 - 07:04 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 27 June 2016 - 06:44 AM, said:

I stopped after the IIC's until they actually add CONTENT and DEPTH to this game my wallet is closed.

Edited by Darian DelFord, 27 June 2016 - 07:05 AM.

#11 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 27 June 2016 - 07:07 AM

A 45 ton humanoid mech with low mount weapons. It's basically a Vindicator with a higher engine cap (that normally can't be fully exploited) and ECM and MASC.

This was pretty obvious. When you purchased it, you should have been aware that, most likely, that is what you were going to get.

In any case, I think even PGI thought the Phoenix Hawk was going to be more powerful than it was. The Vindicator saw some nice structure quirks, hopefully the Phoenix Hawk will follow.

Regardless, if it does receive some structure quirks, remember it is a 45 ton humanoid mech with low hard points.

It will always play like a Vindicator.

#12 TKSax

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,057 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 27 June 2016 - 07:07 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 27 June 2016 - 07:01 AM, said:

Gargoyle, Mist Lynx and Ice Ferret all agree with that statement, like the Viper too....

You mean the Whole Wave II package when the Wave III Pack came out and it was every mech was an upgrade to the wave II mech... lol

#13 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 27 June 2016 - 07:10 AM

View PostTKSax, on 27 June 2016 - 07:07 AM, said:

You mean the Whole Wave II package when the Wave III Pack came out and it was every mech was an upgrade to the wave II mech... lol

Hellbringer is a decent mech, the Ebon Jaguar is not better or worse than it, merely a side grade.

#14 DarthHias

• Shredder
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 07:13 AM

Yes, thats why I a la carted the Hellbie Posted Image

#15 SpiralFace

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 27 June 2016 - 07:13 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 27 June 2016 - 07:01 AM, said:

Don't know what gargoyle and ice ferret your playing, but the Gargoyle is a small laser boating beast. And does well with UAC 20 small laser builds as well. Its Niche but make no mistake, it does what it does extremely well.

Ice Ferret is also good and on some maps like Polar / Plexis where the lack of JJ's isn't a big deal, it makes for a great ERML harasser, or a streak + laser light hunter (it can actually chase down most lights.) I actually like it more then the Shadow cat. No JJ's or ECM, but much more tanky, carries a heavier payload, and much faster base speed. Its very good at what it does. It just doesn't work well with the "deathball" mentality since it excels at chasing down stranglers.

Mistlynx is indeed pretty poor, but thats more due to how the omnimech customization ties it down with so much locked equipment. PHX would never have that issue.

#16 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 27 June 2016 - 07:17 AM

Buyers remorse... It's an ugly beast.

#17 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,246 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 27 June 2016 - 07:20 AM

View PostMister Blastman, on 27 June 2016 - 06:46 AM, said:

My trebuchets feel no pity for you.

Huh?

Considering that Trebuchets (especially the 5J I believe) are significantly better than Phoenix Hawks, I should think that they would show pity for it.

#18 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 27 June 2016 - 07:24 AM

View PostDaZur, on 27 June 2016 - 07:17 AM, said:

Buyers remorse... It's an ugly beast.

It is.

Funny thing is, even if I DID buy the standard pack, I still wouldn't be upset with the purchase. I think I am in the minority on this one though lol.

Edited by MeiSooHaityu, 27 June 2016 - 07:26 AM.

#19 Darky101

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 219 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 07:27 AM

I think the new volumetric scale also hurt phx, its taller then the Dwf and thats one curve ball i did not see coming.
I didnot activate the prmium time.

Would have been simpler to realease it as a viable mech.

#20 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 27 June 2016 - 07:30 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 27 June 2016 - 07:20 AM, said:

Huh?

Considering that Trebuchets (especially the 5J I believe) are significantly better than Phoenix Hawks, I should think that they would show pity for it.

Treb arms... are enormous. And they fall right off. And then your lasers are gone.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users