Insulting Players

6 replies to this topic

#1 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 06:28 PM

If someone is insulting you, honestly you should take it as a complement, because this is the internet!

If they said something bad; their true intentions is that they idolize you and want them to notice them! It means they look up to you as if you are their god and they await your holy retribution as they worship the ground you walk on.

It is only common etiquette to return in kind by insulting them more profusely with a very adamant and mocking tone! To do so other wise is actually a true insult, an act of only the most vile villans of the worst scum of the universe!

Also make sure that when you insult someone; you do so with such vulgar, that they can feel the passionate rage flowing through each and every protruding vein you have upon your forehead! Then, and only then can they be compelled to feel their life is complete!

#2 Casval Lofbrook

• Pip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 06:58 PM

I agree, i recently had a game where someone told me i should "do everyone a favor and uninstal." If i play a poor game let me know what to work on so i can do better next time, ive played alot of mechwarrior games, even a few battletech games. But online gaming is a first for me.

#3 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,952 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 28 June 2016 - 07:37 PM

I went through the same thing when I started MWO
But this was my first online game so it was really pretty shocking

I am in my 50's and I have played PC games since 1980 lol

Anyway there was no voice chat in June 2014 and how people could fight and type at the same time
Was pretty strange and they would let fly with the insults right at the end of a match

And you did not even have time to type screw you back lol

Things do get better just give it a little time

#4 XxXAbsolutZeroXxX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 10:06 PM

I think most people who resort to insults are unhappy about the economy, the weather, things that have absolutely nothing to do with this game or anyone who plays it.

Trying to reason with them is like trying to reason with someone when they're drunk. You won't get through to them. It might be best to recognize they're impaired in some way and not take them too seriously. They're not of sound mind/body, its just the internet rage talking.

Edited by I Zeratul I, 28 June 2016 - 10:06 PM.

#5 p4r4g0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 28 June 2016 - 10:15 PM

View PostV’Ger Strike, on 28 June 2016 - 05:52 PM, said:

I've had enough of players that from the moment you say something (neutral or even positive) they just insult you in return.

I have been playing since the beginning of Mechwarrior (I'm late 40's) and it's getting worse as we go.

I never insult anyone nor will as I can take a lot (after 20+ years of volunteering) but getting insulted over a game??

Cheers everyone!

It is not worth mulling over or posting about. Just hit Tab, click on their name and report them for harassment. Note their name and mute them from the start the next time you see them because they usually contribute nothing worthwhile during a match anyway.

You meet some really nice people on the net but you also meet a lot of ******* as well on the internet. Thankfully the ratio of decent folk to ******* is rather high in MWO.

#6 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 29 June 2016 - 03:37 AM

I tend to ignore insults, but if they are made by people who are named after anime characters, or names surrounded with Xs, then I simply tell them their insults are as unimaginative and immature as their names.

Edited by El Bandito, 29 June 2016 - 03:37 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users