433 replies to this topic

#141 LordLosh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 04:29 PM

Im with Nomax
Longtom is so dumb and this is how we present new players or pugs to Faction play...... great. So many better options for rewards then Longtom. It sucks to play against and it sucks to have. But yet again we ***** and moan on the forms like they listen or care... been doing this since closed beta always an excuse always done with "best intentions"

#142 M i s t y

• PipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 56 posts
  • LocationTamworth

Posted 01 July 2016 - 04:43 PM

Well this event should show everyone again that there is no balance in FW . All the tournaments , Streaks are banned plus over 70% of mechs in the tournaments are Clan . I play FW a lot ( #1 loyalist pilot ) and I am thinking of not playing this game till the event is over . There is no joy at all facing 4 streak crows in scouting and having long tom dropping on your *** in FW is not fun at all , even when you have long tom ( which is never for IS ) . Logged on earlier ( 5hrs 30mins to ceasefire ) and long tom already .

#143 Ryllen Kriel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 754 posts
  • LocationBetween the last bottle and the next.

Posted 01 July 2016 - 06:00 PM

I really want to love the idea for this event but...nothing really has changed since the last CW event, and that was one hell of a grind. I might play a little but I have neither the time (4th of July Holiday weekend in the U.S.) or the inclination to grind out victories against Streak-Crows. If I didn't sleep for the next 72 hours, neglected family, work, eating, ect. then I might finish the challenge. It sure isn't worth it to make those sacrifices either. PGI didn't calculate the right amount of time for an event yet again, especially in context with respect to it's southern neighbor. The event goals are less, which is good, but this event already could use an extension because of it's timing.

#144 Talos7

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 130 posts
  • LocationCesspool that is post 2016 Washington DC

Posted 01 July 2016 - 06:29 PM

The balance is pretty near even. I could cry about how certain IS mechs tear through my current Clan set up, but i wont.

For FW the Long Tom does need a nerf to its Cool Down. Maybe make it take twice as long to recharge or the AoE smaller. It does suck to have it wipe an opposing team :(

#145 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 01 July 2016 - 06:32 PM

It has taken more than an hours to get one drop of CW. 7days is never going to be enough. Lower match requirement to 0 points it's not going to be easier. Its the first game where finding other players to play with is the chalenge.

All the chalenge requirements should be as follow

1) Wait 5 minutes: 1 Day Active Premium Time
2) Wait 10 minutes: Phoenix Blue Warhorn and Kodiak Warhorn
3) Wait 15 Minutes: Broken Inner Sphere Hanging Item
4) Wait 20minutes: Black Widow Hanging Item and 50Cal Necklace Hanging Item
5) Wait 25minutes: 360 Target Retention Module*
6 Wait 30minutes: 250,000 C-Bills
7) Wait 35minutes: 2,500 GXP
8) Wait 40minutes: 1,000,000 C-Bills
9) Wait 45minutes: 1 Random PGI employees kisses you while another PGI employees grope your ***. time is money, i want for my money!

#146 CyanEyd

• PipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 83 posts
  • LocationAntelope, CA

Posted 01 July 2016 - 06:47 PM

what's up with the leaderboard? The numbers haven't updated since last night as far as I can tell.

#147 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 01 July 2016 - 07:48 PM

Updating fine I think.

Just clients for lots of people keep crashing. :/

#148 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 08:30 PM

i don't play CW at all unless there's event prize incentive. That the rest of you do not adopt the same methodology is why PGI has no incentive to change it. Not to mention the forums are such a miniscule segment of the player population.

#149 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 10:55 PM

I decided to play my scout mechs in sequence. Started with the streak cat, now the lirm cat, next the large laser cat, then the laser lynx and the srm lynx. Had one guy whining I killed the team with my LRMs... after scoring the second highest damage and he in fact,had blue on blue killed a teammate because he couldn't watch his aim amongst others. I do love the classy folks the events bring out. Its never "that's not a loadout I'd use", but always "ohhh its all your fault... never mine even though I kill teammates with my direct fire".

Edited by Dee Eight, 01 July 2016 - 10:57 PM.

#150 K19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 355 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 02 July 2016 - 12:36 AM

Nice work PGI speed bug not fix :S:S:SS:SS:SS::S scout speed need work dont work mech more more 165km mech enemy move low speed dont sty far move same speed mech 165km fix :SSSS Sucks

#151 StarSauron

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 12:58 AM

10 victories is too much, lol, you never get this

can this
Invasion Victories, each with a Match Score of at least 80

be replaced with something else ?
I mean it almost impossible to get.

Edited by StarSauron, 02 July 2016 - 01:11 AM.

#152 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 02 July 2016 - 01:49 AM

The wait times now and longer than ever... 4 deep on defend and no-one attacking, that's a 40min wait of nothing. It's been like that for 3hrs now.

:/

Edited by R31Nismoid, 02 July 2016 - 01:50 AM.

#153 Rebel Ace Fryslan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 439 posts
  • LocationAd Astra

Posted 02 July 2016 - 02:16 AM

Great evenet, Love the amount of players in CW

#154 Terrastras Rex

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 124 posts
  • LocationTerrawna

Posted 02 July 2016 - 02:33 AM

Some [420] members have been solo dropping in Faction Play to teach the quickplay'ers where to be, what to do, and how to FP.

I run a hunchback SSRM with some streakcrow buddies. IS had no problem killing us with ac/10s and SRM's to the legs. Stop your whining Steiner. Learn how to play.

You don't like LongTom? Well scout the planet and take it back. We don't get it automatically, we scout drop for it. =P

Edited by Terrastras Rex, 02 July 2016 - 02:34 AM.

#155 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 02 July 2016 - 02:39 AM

View PostTerrastras Rex, on 02 July 2016 - 02:33 AM, said:

You don't like LongTom? Well scout the planet and take it back. We don't get it automatically, we scout drop for it. =P

Nah, we don't.
And nah, we won't be bothered with scouting which makes invasion pointless. Because scouting isn't, you know, scouting, it's 4vsstreakcrows. Which is much fun in itself.

Might as well watch political debates, more entertaining, more diverse.

If PGI really wanted to devise a quick way to bury (not kill, as it is dead in the water already) FaP, then Long Tom is the way to go. Gratz to them.

Took the 1-invasion-match reward and enjoying the day of premium time in Quick Play.

Edited by PFC Carsten, 02 July 2016 - 02:47 AM.

#156 Ninjah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 307 posts
  • LocationComstar Lounge

Posted 02 July 2016 - 02:52 AM

Scouting challenge done, it was fun, legging the crap out of crows and novas. Sold the nova for almost 5 million and the enhanced narc for 2 more million + match rewards and premium... wohoo I'm rich. Off to do the invasion (waiting) challenge :P

#157 DangerousOne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 03:34 AM

[Long Tom] (Tom) is a real plague for CW.

Edited by draiocht, 09 July 2016 - 10:20 AM.
edited out vulgarity

#158 Blind Baku

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 286 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 03:41 AM

Scouting challenge will be the point of my conversion... I guess I'll be a dirty clanner soon Posted Image

It would be one thing if FRR would declare against another IS target, at least then you could get even scouting matches from time to time. I get it, half these posts are about Crows, and I'm just adding one more, but in scouting that this is op. I know it's killable, but when 9/10 matches contain 3 streak crows... there is a balance issue and the easy button is too easy.

Edited by Blind Baku, 02 July 2016 - 03:51 AM.

#159 Ninjah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 307 posts
  • LocationComstar Lounge

Posted 02 July 2016 - 04:05 AM

View PostBlind Baku, on 02 July 2016 - 03:41 AM, said:

Scouting challenge will be the point of my conversion... I guess I'll be a dirty clanner soon Posted Image

It would be one thing if FRR would declare against another IS target, at least then you could get even scouting matches from time to time. I get it, half these posts are about Crows, and I'm just adding one more, but in scouting that this is op. I know it's killable, but when 9/10 matches contain 3 streak crows... there is a balance issue and the easy button is too easy.

What are you talking about? Get Griffin 2N, go for the legs and you'll see that the streakcrow is a piece of crap. Cry more instead of finding a solution that works like a charm.

#160 Blind Baku

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 286 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 04:25 AM

View PostMirage Jenius, on 02 July 2016 - 04:05 AM, said:

What are you talking about? Get Griffin 2N, go for the legs and you'll see that the streakcrow is a piece of crap. Cry more instead of finding a solution that works like a charm.

I've been trying for solutions... Don't assume I just play one mech. The problems include 1 not a ton of time to play, 2 strap for C-bills, 3 not everyone own the magical crow killer mech.

That all said I did just run an AC20 3SRM4s CN9, with a Griff, WVR, and HBK we rolled them hard.

Edited by Blind Baku, 02 July 2016 - 04:29 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users