Operation: Frontline Faction Play Event

433 replies to this topic

#21 Steve Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,465 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 June 2016 - 09:57 AM

10 wins in 20 games for invasion mode? Well, let's see how it will work out for pugs.

#22 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 30 June 2016 - 10:03 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 30 June 2016 - 08:57 AM, said:

I already got the K2 and a Mad Dog is not worth switching faction over. Oh well.

I don't think you need to switch sides to get it though.

I think it's going to be like it used to be before, you'll get a choice which mech you want.
I for one will take a more expensive one and sell it for C-bills, hahaha

#23 AmazingOnionMan

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 89 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 10:22 AM

The last FW-event made me take an extended break from the game. But I'm only a few paltry LPs away from a promotion, so I might fill in a spot or two.
Although, with the new Steiner/Davion-alliance now going up against the clans, we can reassert our claim to Terra; the cradle of humanity was rightly in Free Worlds-space before Comstar went and mucked it up.

#24 Terrastras Rex

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 124 posts
  • LocationTerrawna

Posted 30 June 2016 - 10:27 AM

CJF vs All the houses?

Seems fair.

Bring it on.

=D

#25 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 30 June 2016 - 10:43 AM

Without orientation arrows on a minimap? GL HF to all pugs.

Edited by ExoForce, 30 June 2016 - 10:53 AM.

#26 Grottenolm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 300 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGermany / NRW

Posted 30 June 2016 - 10:59 AM

The second FP-event after Long Tom and the second event that will take place without me.
First round lost the first three mech because of artillerie. As long as long tom is in this game i will ignore FP.

Edited by Grottenolm, 01 July 2016 - 07:22 AM.

#27 Malleus011

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 11:01 AM

Community Warfare is still pretty painful to play. Fix the game mode and we'll talk, otherwise ... there aren't enough rewards to entice me to play CW.

#28 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 30 June 2016 - 11:28 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 30 June 2016 - 08:25 AM, said:

I like the Artwork that comes with it. who made em? Where are the big ones? Any hope fpr wallpaper release? I hope this is starting a new trend. Also the one on the main page.

There actualy is a thread here about the art, just not in wallpaper form. http://mwomercs.com/...nd-concept-art/

Edited by DAYLEET, 11 July 2016 - 12:12 PM.

#29 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 30 June 2016 - 11:29 AM

Great! Another event! Posted Image

But...you know...I already have a Mastered Nova...and a Mastered Crab...and a Mastered Timber Wolf.

The grand prizes are just standard variants...not champions. Champion and Loyalty variants are much more attractive; these grand prizes I could just buy with C-Bills and skip the entire competition. :/

Edited by Commander A9, 30 June 2016 - 11:31 AM.

#30 Grinster

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 101 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 30 June 2016 - 11:44 AM

Cool. With PUG-diversity, there is a good chance every dirty Clan Scouting team is not packed full of Stormcrows. Bring it on!

#31 invernomuto

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 30 June 2016 - 11:46 AM

Nova and Mad Dog here I come eheheh

#32 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 30 June 2016 - 11:48 AM

If you're doing the event solely to get the mechbay and sell stuff, then the Clan mechs are the better option to be sold.

Ironically, the Nova and Catapult are the beneficiaries of this rescaling (Maddog is still squishy, despite bending a little more), and are the optimal picks.

#33 Artannis Veritieri

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 12:04 PM

I have a gripe about the scouting victories needed. You need 20 and you need 50 match score to qualify. That means you throw tactics on the ground stomp on it and light it on fire. I can out collect and get to the drop ship without firing a shot. My match score...12. Let all play styles have their day and drop the 50 score requirement.

#34 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 30 June 2016 - 12:09 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 30 June 2016 - 08:44 AM, said:

Scouting match scores req's dropped by almost 50%

Its almost like they listened!

Posted Image

Ok you seasoned vets, you are going to drop with pugs and noobs. Deal with it, try to make them better, it is to your benefit.

Agreed. Wasnt there like a 30, 50 won matches needed in the last big event? I remember that was quite the grindy challenge for just completing the Invasion part and getting my Warhawk Posted Image
This time the grinding seems alot less, and thats encouraging.

View PostArtannis Veritieri, on 30 June 2016 - 12:04 PM, said:

I have a gripe about the scouting victories needed. You need 20 and you need 50 match score to qualify. That means you throw tactics on the ground stomp on it and light it on fire. I can out collect and get to the drop ship without firing a shot. My match score...12. Let all play styles have their day and drop the 50 score requirement.

20 are not bad and as far as I can remember the needed match score was like 80 for scouting and 150 for Invasion last time.

Edited by Tordin, 30 June 2016 - 12:11 PM.

#35 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 12:12 PM

well, just pointing out here that there is not a single planet that can be attacked from the IS side. So if you play IS you can either defend or don't play the event...

It's not that I want to complain about it... ok I do want to. defending puts you in disadvantage so grinding 10 wins in pug against bigger teams is kinda harsh to be true...

#36 MaxFool

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 339 posts
  • LocationHelsinki, Finland

Posted 30 June 2016 - 12:21 PM

There are other factions in IS besides Davion.

#37 Sagamore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 June 2016 - 12:27 PM

This is brutal. Waiting almost 20 minutes in queue on one of the only contested planets. One of 3 IS groups queued up "Waiting for Match". Where are the Clans?

#38 Husker Dude

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Överste-Löjtnant
  • Överste-Löjtnant
  • 319 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 12:29 PM

Man, I'm extra glad right now that my unit's contract just expired and that we're back on FRR instead of Liao. It was hard getting good matches last week, it would have been really unpleasant during an event. There really should be open attack lanes far each of the factions for the event.

#39 S_T_R_A_N_G_E

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 36 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 30 June 2016 - 12:34 PM

One day PGI will get that the map locations do not have to literally translate to FW matches... basically grouping IS vs Clans against each other and allowing for civil attacks as well... will fix the problem... with planets being awarded based on wins

#40 Sagamore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 June 2016 - 12:35 PM

View PostHusker Dude, on 30 June 2016 - 12:29 PM, said:

Man, I'm extra glad right now that my unit's contract just expired and that we're back on FRR instead of Liao. It was hard getting good matches last week, it would have been really unpleasant during an event. There really should be open attack lanes far each of the factions for the event.

Why should we have to luck out and get a good contract for an event like this? It might make more sense to reset all merc contracts for events like this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users