Wow you're so awesome. Toot toot

#422 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 13 July 2016 - 07:03 AM

Its almost as if they needed to have a kiddie pool with a gate saying "No entry to the big boy pool until you can...<insert list of competency checks here>"

Sounds great until people of differing skill levels want to drop as friends or people don't know how to achieve the list competencies, or even better, people get butthurt over said list of competencies and raise a stink b/c it doesn't suit their philosophy/gameplay, etc..

I'm sure they've already considered these things but decided their best bet was to throw us all in the big boy pool and see who sinks or swims...

#423 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 07:54 AM

View PostKrocodockle, on 13 July 2016 - 06:35 AM, said:

Wow you're so awesome. Toot toot

Nah, the opposite. That was my point.

View PostMovinTarget, on 13 July 2016 - 07:03 AM, said:

I'm sure they've already considered these things but decided their best bet was to throw us all in the big boy pool and see who sinks or swims...

I see it more like PGI provided a "big boy pool" the problem is some folks going full cannonball and complain afterwards.
They don't even ask themself "can i actually swim?" before jumping in, and when they start to drown they blame everything, from balancing to mapdesign, from longtom to whatnot. Only the fact that they can't swim to begin with goes by completely ignored. That is agitating at least.

Hanging in the t5 seahorse group with floaties simply doesn't cut it for FP. Although, i know folks who simply launched into FP without bothering with quickplay matches, most of them are far above my skill-level nowadays, despite still having a t4-t5 tag.

#424 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 11:20 AM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 13 July 2016 - 04:50 AM, said:

I did top damage of our team, 8 kills 17 assists (that means i killed half the mechs i engaged) 3 solo kills, 11 most damage dealt with 2,5k damage dealt.

No it means you killed one third of the mechs you engaged. You were involved in the killing of 25 mechs, 8 where you dealt the final blow and 17 where you assisted someone else who dealt the final blow. If you don't know such basic math, why should we believe anything else you've written ?

#425 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 13 July 2016 - 11:34 AM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 13 July 2016 - 07:54 AM, said:

Hanging in the t5 seahorse group with floaties simply doesn't cut it for FP.

LOL

#426 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 11:45 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 13 July 2016 - 11:20 AM, said:

No it means you killed one third of the mechs you engaged. You were involved in the killing of 25 mechs, 8 where you dealt the final blow and 17 where you assisted someone else who dealt the final blow. If you don't know such basic math, why should we believe anything else you've written ?

Doesn't has that much to do with "basic math" then with basic logic. My end of the match screen said 25 enemy mechs engaged, of those 25 i had 3 solo kills and 11 most damage dealt. that is 14 out of 25 where i most likely contributed to my team. I do not count a simple assist number because it can mean anything from most damage dealt to 0,1 points of damage.
Could have gone for more killshots to make it look more pro but i didn't felt the need to shoot striped mechs when other, more dangerous targets where around. Which also happened to be in that game.

#427 metallio

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 196 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 02:30 PM

You've literally made my point for me. 90% of players not being able to hack it at all does not mean there's an "adult pool", it means you've got a game so far out of whack that most people can't make it work even when they bother to play.

You listed all the things you're so much better at and then state that anyone can do it.

I've been playing this game, MWO, for something like three years. I've got almost 5000 quick play matches logged and I've got significant rank with three factions plus mercenary. I've put the time in at every stage to learn every mech and weapon and I'm a smidge off of T2 even though I enjoy small concept mechs that tend to get squished easily. I took the #1 slot in the Marauder 5D leaderboard event. I know how the flippin' game works fool.

The only thing I don't do is spend the time necessary to group up. If I can't make it work alone then the details of the group mechanic are THE problem with FW. Years of playing and I can't make it work, but you've got no way for slightly interested people to get involved without sifting through forums and figuring out teamspeak etc.

People like me are not the problem, unless you want none of us, in which case the game can die in a fire of its own making. In case you missed it no one wants to play with you, with us. They're leaving. You keep ignoring this like it means ****-all. Oh the steam numbers dropped? No worries mate! I still get to play FW! ...you really used the fact that the game still fires off matches as an excuse for the state of the player base? To suggest that it's stable and doing fine? I've got nothing for you buddy, and if you think "kid" calling is appropriate in an argument you're simply a jackass...and likely one significantly younger than me besides, ****-for-brains.

#428 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 13 July 2016 - 03:02 PM

Not gonna quote that wall of text but this isn't new.

Some players don't to team up. They should have there own game mode (1v1?) Where they don't have to team up and teams don't have to be frustrated with people that want to play but don't want to play team tactics.

This is why i have said FP needs:
1v1
2v2
4v4
8v8
12v12

All having some impact on the planet in question.

If you are solo you can still do your part... a win may not be as impactful as a 12v12 win but you don't have to take orders from anyone or listen to their humor.

#429 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 03:37 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 13 July 2016 - 03:02 PM, said:

Some players don't to team up.

I didn't team up today either, yet i've been winning all day. To be fair, had a couple of lance premades but also was up against 4-8 men teams. And i still don't see that clearly.

View Postmetallio, on 13 July 2016 - 02:30 PM, said:

I know how the flippin' game works fool.

You may know how quickplay works, but you made it clear that you have problems to understand how you win FP matches. Honestly, i think your main problem is ignorance.
FP was designed to give your faction tag a meaning and give units (be it mercs or loyalists) a reasons to fight over something.
The skillset you need to be good in quickplay is different from the skillset you need to make FP matches work for you. There is also a difference when it comes to go up against premades who have a dropcommander, multiple dropcaller and a synergy deck. If you want to get results against such enemies (doesn't have to be a win) you simply need to adept. Do you simply not want to work with your team? Would it be an issue to join a premade for a couple of games so you see how they play (and win) FP matches? I can't see how that wouldn't benefit your experience with FP. Do you perhaps think that a #1 marauder leaderboard player doesn't need to be "educated" on how to play FP?

Besides, i think you're mixing some people up in your reply.

#430 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 13 July 2016 - 04:02 PM

I was on my alt when you killed 12 on sulphorous... on your team to be specific... ;)

#431 mikerso

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 367 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 09:31 PM

So many people to respond to.

DV and metallio: I agree we can not leave new and solo players in the cold. As I stated before I do my best to help lift them up. However, new players also need to help themselves. Communication and teamwork are the key to winning in FP especially invasion mode. If you don't like the way teamwork plays out in invasion, jump over to its faster paced little brother scouting.

Metallio and toha: personal stats have little bearing in faction play. If the team is winning, you are winning.

Moving target: I see it as more of a shark tank. Cooperation and coordination are the cage.

Metallio: from what I have read there are at home issues that hamper your ability to work in the team. Those are something that should be mentioned to your team outright. But you can't expect people to not use a more effective form of communication just to facilitate your game play. Voip and ts are far more effective than the in game chat interface. I made some recommendations for you in a prior post. Even if you can't speak, just being able to hear can exponentially improve your chances. I have successfully commanded a drop over the chat, but it instantly hampers the Commanders abilities due to time to relay orders.

To all, but mainly DV: I am on the side of leaving no man behind. That being said, it is like you are standing in the warm door with cocoa asking a child to come in. The kid wants to keep building a snowman, but you know it is too cold outside. Eventually the kid will have to learn from his own arrogance.

To all drop commanders: be nice to players. If a player refuses to cooperate, then move on. There is never a need to be rude and call people rude things. This will help more people improve and stay.

#432 Javenri

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 171 posts
  • LocationAthens, Greece

Posted 13 July 2016 - 10:43 PM

It will be very intresting to know what conclusions will PGI extract from these events. They have statistics from a large number of games so a clear picture of balance (and other parameters) should be at hand. I look forward in PGI sharing them with us.

#433 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 02:06 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 13 July 2016 - 04:02 PM, said:

I was on my alt when you killed 12 on sulphorous... on your team to be specific... Posted Image

Puah, very pleasant game. Did you talked? I didn't recognized your voice (yep i've been dropping with you guys a while back with my loaded account). That game had really good communcation and everyone tried to work as a team, having seen the flow of the game i could allow myself to play a bit more pushy then usually resulting in a better end of the match screen than i usually would have.

(And that black widow troll was simply hilarious, i laught so hard at the end of the first wave "can i power up now?".)

View Postmikerso, on 13 July 2016 - 09:31 PM, said:

Metallio and toha: personal stats have little bearing in faction play. If the team is winning, you are winning.

Yes, it's situational. I do far less damage on attack mission, simply because gens and turrets. Although on counter or defense missions, you kinda have to gun your way through the match. Even more if you roll with pig up groups.

View Postmikerso, on 13 July 2016 - 09:31 PM, said:

To all drop commanders: be nice to players. If a player refuses to cooperate, then move on. There is never a need to be rude and call people rude things. This will help more people improve and stay.

A commander is different from a caller. If a player refuses to cooperate, the commander (and the team) should kick him out of the group.

A commanders role is to decide the mechs of his whole premade, he gives the strategy everyone has to follow.

There is no commander with pig up groups. What you mean is a dropcaller who provides guidiance where to go and what to shot, and the guys who listen to his calls decide on their own what to do with the informations the caller relays.

(Of corse, both shouldn't be rude. Tho, if you ignore the commands from your dropcommander, he will probably be rather vocal about your behaviour Posted Image)

View PostJavenri, on 13 July 2016 - 10:43 PM, said:

It will be very intresting to know what conclusions will PGI extract from these events. They have statistics from a large number of games so a clear picture of balance (and other parameters) should be at hand. I look forward in PGI sharing them with us.

From what i can see it's

FP with additional reward = yay
FP with normal reward = nay

I'm a fan of an additional reward system which makes Loyality a currency which can be spend on faction related stuff such as faction decals, unique camos, faction related (unique mechs), MC, c-bills, mechbays etc.

The loyality reward we have now isn't that bad but it is rather grindy when it progressed beyond a certain rank. I would much more favor a reward system which works in smaller steps.

Something like:

assist 1 point

most damage dealt 3 points

solo kill 5 points

turret 1 point

win 15 points

Let a unique mech or mechbay cost a couple of thousand points. or a oneshot faction decal a couple of hundreds.

I don't know what PGI knows but it's very clear that, as long as the rewards are appealing, FP queues are full.

Edited by Toha Heavy Industries, 14 July 2016 - 02:10 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users