System Shock Remastered (Demo & Kickstarter)

5 replies to this topic

#1 KnightWing

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 11:47 PM

Hey all,

Thought maybe some of you would be interested in a project about a game that came out a little before MechWarrior 2 (as I know I loved that title as well).

In case people aren't aware, 1994's System Shock is being remade in a modern engine. It's going to have the feel/story (roughly) from the original, but update and enhance several elements and possibly add some new features/areas/etc. It'll support PC and XBOX One at launch, and they're talking to Sony to see if PS4 is a possibility.

The Kickstarter's here: https://www.kickstar...5/system-shock/

There's also a playable demo (Steam, GOG, and Humble) - it's pre-alpha but pretty polished with an update coming in the next week or so.

These are the same people who released the original game Enhanced Edition and System Shock 2, both made playable on modern systems, last year, so they know and love the universe.

I'm ecstatically excited to back this, personally - System Shock is one of those games that made a huge impression on me as a kid - I can't wait to experience it in a new way, and the demo really impressed me, so just giving a heads up for others like me who want to back!

P.S. I'm not affiliated with the project in any way, by the way - just REALLY excited.

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 06 July 2016 - 07:13 PM

That's great. Thanks for notifying.

#3 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 06 July 2016 - 07:38 PM

I still play through System Shock 1 or 2 every year or so.

#4 KnightWing

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 08:08 PM

Yeah they're fantastic games and the gameplay holds up to anything out there to this day. (I can only hope they think about remastering 2 if this is successful.) [And in case you didn't know, 3 is also in very early development by Warren Spector!]

Glad to hear others are excited! =)

#5 KnightWing

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 02:57 PM

This achieved base funding! (Still a lot of stretch goals to go, though, including some hidden ones!)

#6 KnightWing

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 09:20 PM

w00t. First stretch goal, so it's coming to Mac and Linux as well now, and they just added PS4 the other day as well. =) Hoping we have a nice end-of-campaign bump and hit some more stretches.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users