#1 invernomuto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 06 July 2016 - 01:43 AM

Here are the clan mechs I own:
1) 4 Kodiak variants (KDK-1, KDK-2, KDK-3 and KDK-SB)
2) 2 Timberwolf (TBR-S and TBR-C), TBR-PRIME will be my next purchase.
3) 1 Nova (NVA-PRIME). I will buy other two variants to master it
I probabily will get the Maddog with the FW event (and later buy other two variants to master it).

Right now I could go with 2 TBR and 2 NVA, but I do not see too many Nova in FW matches.

Which clan mech do you suggest I should get to complete the deck?

For IS side, I've found my sweet spot for the dropdeck with three Warhammers and one Oxide.
I have 3 very good mechs and the last for final harrassing.

#2 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 06 July 2016 - 02:10 AM

I usually include ebjs for laser vomit and hellbringers for sniping (er llas in the head is great), hunchback iic is versatile (dual gauss sniper is great for vitric/sulphorous), as well as the stormcrow.

If you need lights, artic cheetah for ecm laser vomit or jenner iic.

#3 Wuldain

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 06:00 AM

With what you have, drop kodiak, timber, trial shadowcat, and trial cheetah. Once you get the event mad dog, change it to Kodiack, mad dog, nova, trial cheetah. Then just fill it out with what you like.

#4 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 06 July 2016 - 06:23 AM

Novas can be absolutely killer in many situations but you have to use them right. 10-12 small lasers but never fire all of them at once.

Its not the fastest mech but w/ JJ it is maneuverable.

#5 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 10:38 PM

I wouldn't recommend using the Kodiak if you can't make it count. You are frontloading your deck heavily with a KDK, and you will be pretty gimped on your remaining choices. Personally, i wouldn't pick a KDK if i couldn't score above 1k dmg in below 10m with it alone on a regular basis. Otherwise the 100t are just too much for what you get out of it.

The nova is a pretty solid mech now thanks to being way smaller than before the rescale. You will see more of them in future. The HBK IIC is a very strong mech in the 50t bracket aswell.

2xTBR 2 Nova is a solid deck atm, IMO. I switched decks around pretty regulary so things don't get boring, and i'm dropping 2 TBR, 1 HBK IIC , 1 Nova currently, regulary getting top score with it.

Personally i wouldn't use the Mad Dog. It's are pretty subpar mech. You are better off investing 5t more for a HBR or EBJ or 5t less for a Stormcrow.

If you are looking for mechs to complete your deck i would look at the 65t bracket because 65t is somewhat a sweetspot that allows for many different decks. Both the HBR and EBJ are solid picks, though i prefer the HBR because i really dislike the EBJS hitboxes. The EBJ packs more firepower though.

Given your current situation of non of your mechs mastered (aside of maybe the KDK, i guess), your top priority should be mastering your mechs first though, which means getting 3 variants. Therefore i would suggest you get the last timber, and 2 more novas afterwards to master novas and timbers. After that i would add a 65t mech to your collection, and a light (i'd go for arctic cheetah) afterwards.

As mentioned, the Mad Dog is a subpar mech in my eyes and i wouldn't really recommend getting two more, but that's just my opinion. Your mileage may vary.

Edited by meteorol, 06 July 2016 - 10:41 PM.

#6 invernomuto

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 07 July 2016 - 05:13 AM

View Postmeteorol, on 06 July 2016 - 10:38 PM, said:

I wouldn't recommend using the Kodiak if you can't make it count. You are frontloading your deck heavily with a KDK, and you will be pretty gimped on your remaining choices. Personally, i wouldn't pick a KDK if i couldn't score above 1k dmg in below 10m with it alone on a regular basis. Otherwise the 100t are just too much for what you get out of it.

It's my thinking too. I like the Kodiak a lot and I've faced them a lot during the event (they're pretty devastating) but I prefer a more balanced dropdeck.

View Postmeteorol, on 06 July 2016 - 10:38 PM, said:

Given your current situation of non of your mechs mastered (aside of maybe the KDK, i guess), your top priority should be mastering your mechs first though, which means getting 3 variants. Therefore i would suggest you get the last timber, and 2 more novas afterwards to master novas and timbers. After that i would add a 65t mech to your collection, and a light (i'd go for arctic cheetah) afterwards.

As mentioned, the Mad Dog is a subpar mech in my eyes and i wouldn't really recommend getting two more, but that's just my opinion. Your mileage may vary.

Thanks, my next steps will be buying the third TBR variant and getting two Nova variants (advice needed: Which one?) and then mastering them. I've already mastered the KDK.
I'll buy an Hellbringer or Ebon Jaguar as 65 ton clan heavy, they're both good from what I heard.

#7 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 10:37 PM

View Postinvernomuto, on 07 July 2016 - 05:13 AM, said:

Thanks, my next steps will be buying the third TBR variant and getting two Nova variants (advice needed: Which one?) and then mastering them. I've already mastered the KDK.
I'll buy an Hellbringer or Ebon Jaguar as 65 ton clan heavy, they're both good from what I heard.

http://mwomercs.com/...frontline-sale/

Novas are on cbill sale this weekend, you might want to get the novas during sale. Cbill sales don't come that often. Wouldn't think "too" much about variants, because quirks are pretty similar. Differences are negibile.
You can check them here though to see which one you like best:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...rks_medium_clan

#8 Pat Kell

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 09 July 2016 - 12:33 AM

Definitely get 2 more novas and get them mastered. Sell that maddog for c-bills if needed to get them (at least fund it some). I would take ebon's over hellbringers all day long because of the high laser mounts...not having ecm can stink sometimes but I have used both extensively and tend to do much better with Ebons'.

3ebons' and a nova puts you at 245 tons and would do well. Until you get some ebons and novas maxed out, try getting your novas first and do 1kodiak and 3 novas. They are very heat efficient if you avoid ghost heat, are very maneuverable and have some nice structure buffs. Plus, IS hasn't seen them much so they are still not view as a huge threat yet....soon they will be I fear but for now I think that is a solid deck.

Also, always bring that kodiak first...put your tonnage up front and then use those novas to pound down the remaing, hopefully wounded and lighter waves.

Edited by Pat Kell, 09 July 2016 - 12:35 AM.

#9 unwary

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 184 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 03:03 PM

timberwolves eh

tbr, tbr, streakdog, cheeto

#10 Vanguard319

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 09 July 2016 - 03:29 PM

My drop deck is mostly heavy, but otherwise built around combat flexibility:

Hellbringer prime - EW for helping hide my team.

Summoner D - for mobility/long range combat. Fastest mech in my deck thx to speed tweak, and can hold it's own in a brawl. the twin AMS also help when the other side is spamming LRMs.

Nova Prime - mobile firepower.

Ebon Jaguar B- set up lasers and LRMs for both direct/indirect fire, though I may swap this out for the Mad Dog Prime I got in the recent event. PPL can whine about bringing LRMs to FW, but when you have team mates who are coordinated, and targeting opponents, they can really help keep your brawlers alive, especially if you are not otherwise in a position to assist them with your direct-fire weapons.

#11 Omniseed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Kashira
  • Kashira
  • 255 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 03:07 PM

View PostPat Kell, on 09 July 2016 - 12:33 AM, said:

Definitely get 2 more novas and get them mastered. Sell that maddog for c-bills if needed to get them (at least fund it some). I would take ebon's over hellbringers all day long because of the high laser mounts...not having ecm can stink sometimes but I have used both extensively and tend to do much better with Ebons'.

3ebons' and a nova puts you at 245 tons and would do well. Until you get some ebons and novas maxed out, try getting your novas first and do 1kodiak and 3 novas. They are very heat efficient if you avoid ghost heat, are very maneuverable and have some nice structure buffs. Plus, IS hasn't seen them much so they are still not view as a huge threat yet....soon they will be I fear but for now I think that is a solid deck.

Also, always bring that kodiak first...put your tonnage up front and then use those novas to pound down the remaing, hopefully wounded and lighter waves.

That's true, they consistently overlook my new Novas and I absolutely shred them for it

#12 F1oyd

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 171 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 01:29 AM

I would recommend to play a lot more pokemech to have a good variety of different chassis and loadouts. Personally i prefer to change dropdecks depending on the map, the gamemode, if i am playing solo or in a group and the mood. Try to avoid super slow assaults when playing attack mode and do not start with lights.

Everything is ok except lrms...maybe lrms are kind of okish on boreal on defence but only if you are tired or drunk...no wait, only on boreal on defence when you are tired and drunk and your mouse hand is injured

Edited by Floyd Foster, 11 July 2016 - 03:49 AM.

#13 Fake News

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 519 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 10:06 AM

Gauss Gargoyl, LRM Mad dog, Shadow cat brawler, and Myst lynx brawl build.

#14 Pat Kell

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 29 July 2016 - 10:22 AM

View Postebolachan, on 29 July 2016 - 10:06 AM, said:

Gauss Gargoyl, LRM Mad dog, Shadow cat brawler, and Myst lynx brawl build.

....I have no words

#15 Positive Mental Attitude

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 393 posts
  • LocationWAYup

Posted 29 July 2016 - 10:45 AM

View PostPat Kell, on 29 July 2016 - 10:22 AM, said:

....I have no words

Im bringing that soon as we switch back to clans, bet youll have words then.

Edited by Deethree, 29 July 2016 - 10:45 AM.

#16 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 10:50 AM

View PostDeethree, on 29 July 2016 - 10:45 AM, said:

Maybe a LOL, but thats about it .
Dat dropdeck is completely made out of subpar or outright bad mechs .
Reconsider that deck, cause right now youre just a detriment to your own team .

#17 Pat Kell

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 29 July 2016 - 09:25 PM

View PostDeethree, on 29 July 2016 - 10:45 AM, said:

I will find some words by then, just needed some time to prepare them

#18 Deadeye254

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 205 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 07:38 PM

The 2 best clan drop decks right now are 3 ebon jags stormcrow or kdk 3 2 5s 2 10s jag stormcrow cheeta but only if you are good in kdk and the light if not stick to triple jag

#19 Fake News

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 519 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 08:46 AM

View PostB0oN, on 29 July 2016 - 10:50 AM, said:

Maybe a LOL, but thats about it .
Dat dropdeck is completely made out of subpar or outright bad mechs .
Reconsider that deck, cause right now youre just a detriment to your own team .

WHAT? that's completely viable. :P

#20 Colonel ONeill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 662 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 August 2016 - 03:50 PM

View Postinvernomuto, on 06 July 2016 - 01:43 AM, said:

Which clan mech do you suggest I should get to complete the deck?

Hunchback IIC

My Deck right now is Kodiak/Hunch/Hunch/Cheetah.
Works pretty much on every map for me. But no one can really suggest something, it depends on your playstyle. You should also have in mind what your team is runnning. For example: If your unit is taking a sniper deck, you should not take a brawler Posted Image

€dit: The Hunchback is also a nice Mech to work on your positioning and skill. You can have either really great games in it (>1000dmg) or you gonna die real quick.

Edited by Colonel ONeill, 05 August 2016 - 03:54 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users