Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.7.3 Whql

3 replies to this topic

#1 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 02:16 PM

Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.7.1 Highlights

◾The Radeon™ RX 480’s power distribution has been improved for AMD reference boards, lowering the current drawn from the PCIe bus.
◾A new “compatibility mode” UI toggle has been made available in the Global Settings menu of Radeon Settings. This option is designed to reduce total power with minimal performance impact if end users experience any further issues. This toggle is “off” by default.
◾Performance improvements for the Polaris architecture that yield performance uplifts in popular game titles of up to 3% [1]. These optimizations are designed to improve the performance of the Radeon™ RX 480, and should substantially offset the performance impact for users who choose to activate the "compatibility" toggle.

Fixed Issues
  • In the previous Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.7.1 driver the "Restore Factory Defaults" option under Preferences of Radeon Settings Software would not set the "Compatibility Mode" UI toggle to its default "OFF" value. This is fixed in the Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.7.2 driver. The "Restore Factory Defaults" options resets all Radeon Settings to their factory default values.

Important Update

• These drivers are now Microsoft WHQL certified
http://support.amd.c...ease-Notes.aspx
(Website still shows 16.7.2 but the link is to the July19 Version which will itself display as 16.7.3 after install)

Edited by Thorqemada, 19 July 2016 - 09:41 PM.

#2 Thorqemada

• 6,366 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 12:56 PM

Link to 16.7.2 included and changed Headline....

#3 Thorqemada

• 6,366 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 09:42 PM

Link to 16.7.3 (alias 16.7.2 July19th Version) included and changed Headline...

Edited by Thorqemada, 19 July 2016 - 09:42 PM.

#4 THE ERASER

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 79 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 01 August 2016 - 12:58 PM

I did a Clean Install (DDU) of this Driver Version and I must say it work way better now with my R290X and MWO. Can't say that for everybody. I would try this Version and perhaps revert back to the last Version that worked for you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users