23 replies to this topic

#21 owlNOLA

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 08:38 AM

View PostBSK, on 11 July 2016 - 12:32 AM, said:

Can we please all agree that champion mechs up to 55 tons will be used as trial mechs in scouting mode and should fit?

I agree with you. There is not a wide selection of mechs that preform well for everybody in scouting. That is why all you really see is shadowhawks, griffins, novas, hunchbacks, or stormcrows. Yea every now and than there is a change up with some fast lights. I was hoping the Phenox hawk could preform well scouting but I have only had sub par results with them. (yes I could go on a long rage rant about phenox hawk.)
So that leaves with four options to fix scouting:
A. Lower the wight limit. IS would be happy with that but Clans would be at a unfair disadvantage.
B. Change the game play in scout mode completely. It is no longer about data but a med brawl fest.
C. Make mechs that are fun to play in scout mode instead of just spamming SRM's.
D. stop playing scouting till it just dies. But till that happens one side will scout for long tom than get auto wins. So than CW wars dies (not that the slow que helps).

but if option c is possible... you would need a hero mech not a champ
My thoughts is a CRB-27b with ECM and/or MASC.
Hunchback IIC are in a butter zone. The only reason stormcrows show more is they boat SL and SRM better. So maybe one that has 1B LA, 1M(20) LT, 2E CT, 1m(20) RT, 1B RA or some other hard point load out.
Jenners need a nerf bat not a champion. (both IS and clans)
Panther is just to weak of a base to mess with. Yes some have love for it but when you compare it to jenner, firestarter, ravens and wolfhounds it doesn't hold up. So to get some one to pay for one it would need 5 weapon points with ecm and a higher engine cap than 250. Or six hard points with a 305 engine cap.

Granted I am not impressed (Hunchback is cool but I am a free birth) with any 8 of these mechs when compared to other of the same wight class. So it would take alot to get me to put down real money to buy the champ and cbills for two more plus upgrades, just to master skills.

Edited by owlNOLA, 13 July 2016 - 09:13 AM.

#22 Luscious Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 13 July 2016 - 09:50 AM

Champions don't add new hard points, quirks, or abilities. You're not going to see a Hunchback IIC with ballistic arms, or ECM on a Crab, those would be Hero mechs.

Champions are just a regular variant with customized equipment allocated to them, including optimized endo/ferro/engine size on non-omnimechs.

#23 owlNOLA

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 09:56 AM

Mr. Dan you are right that is why I said, "but if option c is possible... you would need a hero mech not a champ"

#24 Mourning Light

• Pip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 03:45 AM

Crab (Torchlight Variant)

[smurfy]http://mwo.smurfy-ne...6d4a77705e75716[/smurfy]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users