#1 Bluefalcon13

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 355 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

Posted 08 July 2016 - 05:38 PM

Hey guys,

Jumping ship from Clan after the event. Looking to build a drop deck with what I got. Looking to run some 'pults (f-pult, k2, and Jester). How do they perform in CW? Are they fairly XL friendly(haven't really played the pults since the rescale) even in CW?

Thanks,
BlueFalcon

#2 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 08 July 2016 - 06:43 PM

Some of the Catapult builds I run:

C1 ERL/SRM/ML - I used this a lot on Boreal, fit at range and get in close when the time comes. You can switch out ERL to LL as well for closer in maps like Emerald/Grim and do quite well also.

K2 ERL/LPL - Pretty straightforward how to play this one. ERL till LPL range, then LPL and only hit ERLs when you have heat spare. It doesn't look too deadly but is quite decent. Again can swap out ERL for LL depending or go all ERLs and get some extra tonnage to play with.

K2 AC5/LL - Even though the CD's don't really work that well, for whatever reason, I do REALLY well with this a lot of the time and regularly get it low on ammo. You can do the dual AC10, I found it to be a bit lacklustre and since resizing being so much lower is actually a bit of a hindrance.

K2 AC20/ML - No XL possible, this is a hilarious build. Big, bad BOOM. If you like to brawl, you will love this and when you pop out at someone they WILL sheet themselves

A1 SRM6 - This was my STD engine take on the Splatcat. Fast and can survive a torso loss to still damage. I ran two JJs though and took off some leg/head armour, just a tad more flexibility. This is the alternate XL build

As I'm a LF - I played the Cata's heaps before the resale, played to their quirks and did pretty well overall and was very happy with them. I've not tried running XLs since the rescale. I do want to give it a shot as they do appear to be more tanky when I'm facing them than they used to be.

The only big comment of have is since they are a LOT lower after the rescale they will take a little adjusting/re positioning at first. I found myself shooting into walls/rocks/hills/unseeen edge locked map parts I normally wouldn't.

I don't have a Jester but it's pretty easy to work out how to play that one lol.

Hope the info helps you.

#3 Bluefalcon13

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 355 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

Posted 08 July 2016 - 06:56 PM

This is what I am looking at running. Have had alot of good success in the past in the C1, but then again, I stay with the team and abuse the Artemis mechanic:

C1:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c14fac1cf91c094

K2:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...90136360a8df51b

Jester:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...2c640dfc00bccb1

Gameplay: C1 is close in support like I always play it. K2 is a ppc sniper with those high mounts. Other weapons are for if stuff starts going south. Jester can poke with the LLas, or even get into the thick of it. Last mech was gonna probably be a PXH-1B for the ecm on a nimble mech. If that doesn't do too well, I have more options that fit the drop deck (Vindy, Wang, Enforcers, etc). Note: I am assuming IS has a 250T drop deck as the Clans do.

#4 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 08 July 2016 - 07:21 PM

Not a fan of the first one as LRMs/indirect damage just doesn't work. If you must run it, IMO this is better Less JJ/More Cooling a LRM'er doesn't need to fly and ML you'll never really get into spots where ML range is effective. Least when you get into it with more heatsinks you'll be able to use the 4ML a lot better.

PPC would work well. My issue here is the SPL/MG as at 90M you're PPCs are not working and 2MG/SPL really is doing jack all @ 8DMG. You really need to stay at 150M + so change it to 2xMPL, that would would compliment far better and 220M still doing all the damage from all weapons. It'll be rare you'll be at 90M and MPL still do a better job at that range as you don't have PPCs eating heat as you wont be firing them (hopefully you know about thier Min effective range) :)

Jester works, I prefer LPL but that's just me.

Also get rid of AMS. You can easily hide from LRM'ers in FP, it's wasted tonnage. That Jester build without AMS you get either more cooling, faster engine or both - much more worthwhile.

Again my comments are strictly my personal preferences. The builds either way will work well overall.

And yeah IS is 250T also currently.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users