118 replies to this topic

#21 xX PUG Xx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 14 July 2016 - 04:48 PM

*Reads two pages and is disappointed to see no Wang comments, just can't depend on the youngsters these days pfft.*

A Medium 'Mech event? Yay, an excuse to play with my Wang all weekend ;)

#22 Rick Windwalker

• PipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 46 posts
  • LocationHanover, Germany

Posted 14 July 2016 - 04:56 PM

I´m total blasted....thank you soo much pgi for such a great event! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

I thought i´ve read something about a promise for cw dropdecks to be presaved... Posted Image

#23 Ken Burkhart

• PipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 05:38 PM

View PostxX PUG Xx, on 14 July 2016 - 04:48 PM, said:

*Reads two pages and is disappointed to see no Wang comments, just can't depend on the youngsters these days pfft.*

A Medium 'Mech event? Yay, an excuse to play with my Wang all weekend Posted Image

Dang...you beat me to it.

I for one am likely to get much time in playing with my WANG as well. I also will likely use the AH and the I'll bring out the 'D' too. I expect not to be too high on the leader board as I'm not as good at mediums as in my lights, but I'll be around for sure.

#24 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 05:49 PM

Nowhere anywhere is it written PGI has to hold events every weekend, or every other weekend, and give freebies for folks who were going to be playing the game that weekend anyway. But never to pass on an opportunity to complain about how unjust PGI's treatment of players are for giving away free stuff, [Redacted]. Apparently the chance to win up to 18,000MC and a host of other goodies just isn't good enough for some [Redacted]

http://yoda.densan.c...s/troll-web.jpg

Edited by draiocht, 15 July 2016 - 05:22 AM.

#25 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 679 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 14 July 2016 - 06:14 PM

Leaderboard non-sense again? So basically the same 10 people can get top 5 for every category as usual. People want this game to grow yet want to hog all the rewards. Let some other people win. This is why I feel there should be an opt-in requirement for either different mechs or different variants. It's not going to hurt your ego if you can't get #3 in 3 different categories. For the good of the game let some other people win some prizes. It will be ok I promise :).

#26 mikerso

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 367 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 06:15 PM

For those thinking the event is over when you finish the challenge, think again. Grab your heavies and bring them into a queue inundated by mediums. Or better yet a quad lb 10 assault. I can see the videos now.

#27 FLG 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 06:41 PM

Bonsai-Tree and air freshener again? I already have half a dozen of them without ever purchasing one.

#28 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 06:42 PM

View PostRamrod AI, on 14 July 2016 - 06:14 PM, said:

Leaderboard non-sense again? So basically the same 10 people can get top 5 for every category as usual. People want this game to grow yet want to hog all the rewards. Let some other people win. This is why I feel there should be an opt-in requirement for either different mechs or different variants. It's not going to hurt your ego if you can't get #3 in 3 different categories. For the good of the game let some other people win some prizes. It will be ok I promise Posted Image.

I did my first leaderboard event where I had a qualifying mech when the kodiaks were released, I was happy to get to the top 75 for two variants. Some people just expect the cake to be handed to them along with the pie, ice cream and extra tub of frosting apparently....you want good prizes...you have to EARN them.

Edited by Dee Eight, 14 July 2016 - 06:43 PM.

#29 mikerso

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 367 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 06:51 PM

View PostRamrod AI, on 14 July 2016 - 06:14 PM, said:

Leaderboard non-sense again? So basically the same 10 people can get top 5 for every category as usual. People want this game to grow yet want to hog all the rewards. Let some other people win. This is why I feel there should be an opt-in requirement for either different mechs or different variants. It's not going to hurt your ego if you can't get #3 in 3 different categories. For the good of the game let some other people win some prizes. It will be ok I promise :).

This is probably the most unbiased leader board I've seen. You don't even have to have a medium mech. You can use the trials to compete.

#30 bigbangattack

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationCIMOHAY

Posted 14 July 2016 - 06:55 PM

my shadowcat will crush you all Posted Image

#31 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 561 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 July 2016 - 07:02 PM

View Postbigbangattack, on 14 July 2016 - 06:55 PM, said:

my shadowcat will crush you all Posted Image

My Novas object.

#32 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 07:03 PM

My blunderbuss will enjoy this event.

#33 ET Penang

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 84 posts
  • LocationPenang: near Char Koay Teow, Nasi Lemak & Chandoi stalls

Posted 14 July 2016 - 07:16 PM

If PGI allow me to sell all these cockpit items for half the MC they cost, I will be rich!

#34 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 07:18 PM

If they allowed sales it'd only be for c-bills, same as when you sell hero/champion mechs. I'd prefer just trading them for more warhorns or paint colors.

Edited by Dee Eight, 14 July 2016 - 07:19 PM.

#35 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 July 2016 - 07:39 PM

I'll pass.

Rewards aren't worth it, it's just another grindy leaderboard. If you're not going to give me something worth my time fighting for (and bragging rights don't count), I'm not biting.

"Personal challenge rewards" aren't even worth it this time. I'll be back to check out the patch next week, no point in playing until then.

#36 Kuritaclan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,838 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 July 2016 - 07:51 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 14 July 2016 - 03:32 PM, said:

Okay, I see a little post catch-up is needed...

View PostKuritaclan, on 14 July 2016 - 01:53 PM, said:

Only MC for the Top 5 Players of a Mech? Thats so hohoho.

I know, right? They totally missed the 20 for simply grinding 30 rounds so more people would be in on this event. Maybe even a Free Mech Bay for completing the whole list. Posted Image

Yepp that's what i was looking for.

#37 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 14 July 2016 - 08:06 PM

I think I will bring my Trebuchets out if retirement...

#38 DaFrog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • 421 posts
  • Locationmontreal

Posted 14 July 2016 - 08:22 PM

Just so you know, the event hasn't even started and the waiting is over 2 minutes, for a match...
playing in a medium mech is gonna suck...

#39 mikerso

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 367 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 08:42 PM

View PostDaFrog, on 14 July 2016 - 08:22 PM, said:

Just so you know, the event hasn't even started and the waiting is over 2 minutes, for a match...
playing in a medium mech is gonna suck...

They'll have to do a server side update to override the medium mech volumes. It probably won't happen til tomorrow.

#40 Wraith 1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 09:14 PM

Nice event, but I see there are some mediums missing from the list. Why isn't there a leaderboard for post-rescale Jenners?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users