#41 Desintegrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 July 2016 - 10:48 PM

Wow, a 500.000 Cbills reward !

Maybe I can buy a ER-PPC from that - oh no - not enough bills !!

Ok, so I can use it for some flamers...

#42 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 14 July 2016 - 10:52 PM

Multiple Catch-Up Again...

View PostWraith 1, on 14 July 2016 - 09:14 PM, said:

Nice event, but I see there are some mediums missing from the list. Why isn't there a leaderboard for post-rescale Jenners?

Sorry, but the Inner Sphere JR7 and Clanner JR7-IIC Mechs are unfortunately Light-Class Mechs. You will have to wait for a Light Mech Madness Event (Sure, PGI, here's an idea for you!!) before you will have a chance to really LeaderBoard in them. :(

That said, I do think the Rescale JR7/JR7-IIC are a tad oversize... I'll have to go check the Lore about them to figure out what's going on. :unsure:

View PostDesintegrator, on 14 July 2016 - 10:48 PM, said:

Wow, a 500.000 Cbills reward !

Maybe I can buy a ER-PPC from that - oh no - not enough bills !!

Ok, so I can use it for some flamers...

You could also just save it, and use it alongside other that you earn from matches to actually purchase an ER PPC. ;)

~D. V. "Weights and Prices, oh my!" Devnull

#43 aGentleWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 254 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 11:33 PM

Hey PGI, i appreciate you only want 5 KMD that time... the KMD task was always by far the last one to accomplish for me... That time I assume the matchscore will be it.

#44 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 15 July 2016 - 12:12 AM

damn therse birthday party this weekend, so an entire weekend day not available :/

but I guess the event win goes to some smurf accounts rampaging in T5

View PostTelemachus Rheade, on 14 July 2016 - 01:36 PM, said:

This event sounds like a terrible idea. Isn't the queue just going to be medium mechs lol? sounds well thought out.

I feel like the Hunchback 4SP and Griffin 3M are gonna get the nerf bat after this event...

Also cries of clan OP because the Nova and Stormcrow will outclass people that drop in Cicadas, Kintaros, Shadowhawks, Trubuchets, and Vindicators :/

Thanks for the free stuff though <3

does nto matter because the event is divided into chassis leaderboards which is fine. it will show the deltas between the chassis and still who the high scorers in circads and vindis are.

"smurfing" with how new accounts are handeled is a lot bigger issue in this tournament

Edited by Lily from animove, 15 July 2016 - 12:17 AM.

#45 Pepito Sbazzeguti

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 95 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 02:36 AM

Ahh! finally an event I can use my Hatchetmans and Uziels! Oh no wait..

#46 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 15 July 2016 - 02:58 AM

View PostAngrySpartan, on 14 July 2016 - 02:09 PM, said:

Hmm, no MC rewards for personal challenge this time? Won't bother than. MC & MC purchasable things like mechbays and colors were the only thing worth playing these events. No point to earn everything else than you have more mechs than you can play.

Starting to hate this new trend: first no mechbays for prizes, no sales, now this.

Nonetheless, have fun everyone, who will play the weekend!

What?

Last weekend had mech on sale.

This weekend mechs are on sale.

Yes, for those of us that have a memory longer then 30 seconds, I'm sure we will have fun.

Hope you have fun not playing.

#47 Wibbledtodeath

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 03:00 AM

SWEET! Group matches count. None of you pugs will be able to compete with my team of discaplined flamers/leg snipers- and the 1 mech that gets to kill them all.

#48 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 03:00 AM

View PostTWIAFU, on 15 July 2016 - 02:58 AM, said:

What?

Last weekend had mech on sale.

This weekend mechs are on sale.

Yes, for those of us that have a memory longer then 30 seconds, I'm sure we will have fun.

Hope you have fun not playing.

yeah many people have memory issues it seems.

but then he's an angry spartan, I guess all spartans skipped brain day.

Edited by Lily from animove, 15 July 2016 - 03:01 AM.

#49 Willothius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 187 posts
  • LocationThe Great Mechbay In The Sky.

Posted 15 July 2016 - 03:55 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 14 July 2016 - 10:52 PM, said:

Multiple Catch-Up Again...

~D. V. &quot;Weights and Prices, oh my!&quot; Devnull

Look, you don't have to reply to all posts, especially awesome, sarcastaballin' jokes, that don't become any better by an overanalysis.

Agreed about meager prizes, and Jenners being to big.
Also, all those arguments about buying mechbays since they're so cheap; sure they are, but 85 x cheap is still a lot of moneys.

~W.Z. "Getting a bit tired of Walls of Text that talk a lot but don't say much..." Will

#50 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 04:50 AM

Why are the sales already started but not the event? They should start at same tme.

Edited by Teer5, 15 July 2016 - 04:51 AM.

#51 Colonel ONeill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 662 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 July 2016 - 04:59 AM

View PostTeer5, on 15 July 2016 - 04:50 AM, said:

Why are the sales already started but not the event? They should start at same tme.

you can buy, level and equip the mech now before farming the points in the evening.

#52 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 05:20 AM

They even scrapped the 100 MC or what it was for doing the personal challenge? Damn. They seem to steadily reduce rewards for challenges iirc... 10 events from now, we will probably get nothing but consumable packsPosted Image

Not really complaining, if i need mechbays or want camos i'll just buy them (not a f2p player), but i don't think those rewards will make a lot of people play.

#53 Danjo San

• Hero of Liao
  • Hero of Liao
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 05:20 AM

simple solution ... get a 12 man group and all run medium mechs... waiting time should be reduced to a minimum.

I am hereby challenging all groups to form full 12s and all pilot an identical mech... Oh the glory!

#54 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 05:29 AM

View PostGeneral Zero, on 15 July 2016 - 05:19 AM, said:

A nice change of pace from the usual cookie cutter weekend challenge. Thanks PGI for doing something a little different. I've wanted try my hand at a leaderboard event and now I get my chance!

I just wish we had chassis leadrboards with the events formula and only counting the best 10 matches of the last 30 days. That would make amazing and dynamic leaderboards

Edited by Lily from animove, 15 July 2016 - 05:34 AM.

#55 Tiantara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 815 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 06:32 AM

- Weeeeeeee I want that bonsai and premium time!! Cool! Best event ever!! Bonsai, bonsai bonsai!!!

#56 DGTLDaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 15 July 2016 - 06:39 AM

Well, what can I say... It's really sad to see an event targeted just at the top players. 75 best players in the world, really? Well, 75 multiplied by the number of eligible chassis, but still. Previous events at least offered decent personal challenge prizes for the rest of us. This one is weird. Comp crowd only, I guess?

P.S. Will still give it a try, though. With the population as low as it is, us casual folk may actually make it into the leaderboards :)

#57 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 07:51 AM

View PostDGTLDaemon, on 15 July 2016 - 06:39 AM, said:

Well, what can I say... It's really sad to see an event targeted just at the top players. 75 best players in the world, really? Well, 75 multiplied by the number of eligible chassis, but still. Previous events at least offered decent personal challenge prizes for the rest of us. This one is weird. Comp crowd only, I guess?

P.S. Will still give it a try, though. With the population as low as it is, us casual folk may actually make it into the leaderboards Posted Image

75 is quite a lot at all tbh.

#58 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 15 July 2016 - 07:56 AM

View PostDGTLDaemon, on 15 July 2016 - 06:39 AM, said:

P.S. Will still give it a try, though. With the population as low as it is, us casual folk may actually make it into the leaderboards Posted Image

I don't think that's the case. Lots of non-competitive players can make the top 75, really you just need a handful of strong games to make the 50-75 range. If matchmaker throws you into a game with weaker players, you need to take advantage of it and perform well. You'll often see some good but not great players make the leaderboards, either because they got lucky a few times on matchmaker and took full advantage, or just played a crazy amount of games in one chassis to max out its score.

I'm sure some people will try to game the system a bit in group queue, but I'm no comp superstar and neither are my friends who play the game, and we've all had some good runs at the leaderboards when we decided to take it somewhat seriously.

And these leaderboards do give a nice snapshot of the current meta, you see who's playing what and how the chassis ranks up against others in the same weight class. If a certain medium gets 4,500 for top scores, and another gets 2,500 maybe it influences the next quirk pass. Suddenly there's some good data to support what mechs might need another quirk pass.

#59 DGTLDaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 15 July 2016 - 08:01 AM

View PostLuscious Dan, on 15 July 2016 - 07:56 AM, said:

I don't think that's the case. Lots of non-competitive players can make the top 75, really you just need a handful of strong games to make the 50-75 range.

OK, maybe I'm just overestimating the game's population. Never tried my hand at those leaderboard events before :) I figured that if at least a few thousand people are playing the game, then top 75 would represent the absolute cream of the crop. Maybe my numbers are off.

#60 Telemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 364 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 15 July 2016 - 09:16 AM

Yeah, I don't think that PGI actually changed the matchmaker to allow for more medium mechs or anything. Matches are taking forever right now in medium mechs. GG PGI. Create an event where you have to wait so long for a QP match that you just wanna give up and go play something else.

All we ask for is an ounce of forethought...

Edit: I just timed how long it took for my next match, and from the time I hit quick play till the map selection screen it took 10 minutes and 8 seconds. Going to just play this event for the free stuff and then logoff Posted Image .

Edited by Telemachus Rheade, 15 July 2016 - 09:46 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users