#21 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 14 July 2016 - 11:14 PM

View PostOmniseed, on 14 July 2016 - 11:09 PM, said:

Are there any particular mechs the veterans here would recommend?

Here's a link to a guide on what to get for this sale and builds on Metamechs - http://metamechs.com...m-mech-madness/

#22 Apollo777

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 265 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 15 July 2016 - 01:37 AM

Great sale, unfortunatly i'm out of mechbays, PGI please let us know if there will be no more mechbay sale! than i know what to do, ofcourse a mechbay sale would be very nice but i'm scare waiting for something that never will happen!! THX

#23 Helene de Montfort

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 262 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPays de Loire

Posted 15 July 2016 - 02:08 AM

The reduction is only for individual mechs, or does it concern mastery packages too?

#24 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 03:43 AM

sales are only ever on individual mechs. Mech bundles are already discounted 50%.

#25 B L O O D W I T C H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 05:25 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 14 July 2016 - 02:39 PM, said:

Christmas is when they do mech bay sales. If you can't afford a TWONIE for a bay, complaining about it won't bring a sale quicker. For that matter, given how most every event has SOME goal challenge or reward where MC is a prize, and you are free to use those MC's on mech bays... perhaps you should take part in those events if you wish more mech bays. Or perhaps you should free existing bays by selling existing mechs you own.

For example, the just announced medium mech learderboard event has 1000MC as the prize for top five in any medium mech model, and there's eighteen eligble medium mech models to compete on. That'll pay for 3 mech bays. During the summer solstice lucky loot bag event, I pulled 750MC in prizes, and the following phoenix hawk / bring the heat leaderboard event, i earned 100MC, and the most recent frontline faction event I got both the grand prizes which besides the mechs came with two free mech bays. And I'm sure next weeks viper event will also reward 100MC in the personal challenge goals as all previous mech release leaderboards have done this year.

I've also said this in another thread recently, buy the damn locust pack for $13...sell the mechs...you get three mech bays, 30 days of premium time, and about 4.7 million cbills out of it. 30 days of premium time alone is $12. Don't sell the XL190 engines in the champ and bane you'll get less c-bills, but you can use those engines in other mechs you might own. Make a really slow mauler with a boatload of guns for all I care.

As to module sale... CHRISTMAS... all the best sales happen around christmas / new years. How folks who have been members for four years and not understand this fact by now I do NOT understand. I've been a member 7 months and I understand it just fine. For that matter...BUY pre-orders and take part in events... every pre-order during the initial buy window comes with about 12-18 million CBILLs worth of modules. The bring the heat event had the enhanced NARC module and 360 target retention modules as the prizes for the kill assists challenges. I hate NARCs so I sold my NARC module for 2 million.

Thanks man, Allready sold every mech i can afford to sell, only have fully mastered mechs left, half of which are uniques (heros, invasion, etc) other half is champions or normal mechs with camo.
I've already got a couple of hundred engines, not freaking paying for yet another XL190. nope nope nope.

You've got a point with the last event, sadly i didn't have nearly enough time to get both grand prizes.

MC from events and loyality is already piling up in anticipation of a mechbay sale.
Can't spend it outerwise, mechs already have camos, got more colors then i need, all heros i wanted, enough c-bills for equipment. Maybe decals, but they're not in the game yet.

I'm at least rank 10 with every faction. recent changes with loyality makes it rather slow to grind them out.
Besides, i'm already several Hundred dollars into the game. It's not like i have issues to pay for what i want.

Is it so bad that i want to throw some more money at PGI at the next best mechbay sale?

#26 VorpalAnvil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 724 posts
  • LocationThe Cantillon Brewery

Posted 15 July 2016 - 08:48 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 14 July 2016 - 09:29 PM, said:

And WHY didn't you buy more bays then when there was a sale? How dare the company expect people to pay the full price for something right?

I bought about 30 bays during the last sale. Please go back to your lurm boat.

#27 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 09:15 AM

And its folks like you that make them say to themselves... "wanna do a mechbay sale next week? HAHAHAHAHHA yeah me neither".

#28 VorpalAnvil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 724 posts
  • LocationThe Cantillon Brewery

Posted 15 July 2016 - 09:21 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 15 July 2016 - 09:15 AM, said:

And its folks like you that make them say to themselves... "wanna do a mechbay sale next week? HAHAHAHAHHA yeah me neither".

#29 Quintus Verus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 184 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 11:19 AM

Just a week ago I lamented that we hadn't had a theme sale in ages, and we've had 2 in 7 days! Keep up the variety and thanks! Reuse sales like the faction sales if you have too. Thanks PGI!

Edited by Quintus Verus, 16 July 2016 - 11:21 PM.

#30 pacifica812

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAt home, at work, or on the stage... mostly

Posted 15 July 2016 - 11:24 AM

View PostElizander, on 14 July 2016 - 11:14 PM, said:

Here's a link to a guide on what to get for this sale and builds on Metamechs - http://metamechs.com...m-mech-madness/

Thank you for a reminder and a link, much appreciated :)

#31 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 08:39 PM

I don't need more mechs... but I'm very tempted by the Shadowcat... argh

#32 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 09:25 PM

they are fun... streak cats are still a blast in quick play... i keep putting up 700 damage games tonight with mine. The ability to shoot straight down while jumping over the target and all the missiles hit is HILARIOUS

#33 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 10:22 PM

Hell with it, let's buy some Shadowcats

#34 Darth Futuza

• 1,239 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 10:48 PM

If only I had enough money to buy more garages for these mechs...if someone could just think of a way to save me money on mech bays...

#35 762 NATO

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 312 posts
  • LocationUnder the desk of the Magestrix of Canopus

Posted 16 July 2016 - 11:06 PM

Look, guys, this will be followed in two months or less (follow them mech releases!) with a Heavy Madness followed by Assault and then light. And I will drive my Whammys, then Kodiak's then Oxide. Just my Nostradamus prediction... (That guy was such a clown and con artist...)

#36 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 11:09 PM

View PostDarth Futuza, on 16 July 2016 - 10:48 PM, said:

If only I had enough money to buy more garages for these mechs...if someone could just think of a way to save me money on mech bays...

I have an answer but you won't like it - play CW/Faction Play. Rank 2 of each faction rewards you a mech bay

#37 Darth Futuza

• 1,239 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 11:24 PM

View PostAudacious Aubergine, on 16 July 2016 - 11:09 PM, said:

I have an answer but you won't like it - play CW/Faction Play. Rank 2 of each faction rewards you a mech bay

Well I mean...I guess if PGI doesn't want me to spend my money on mech bays...lol

#38 762 NATO

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 312 posts
  • LocationUnder the desk of the Magestrix of Canopus

Posted 16 July 2016 - 11:28 PM

View PostOmniseed, on 14 July 2016 - 11:09 PM, said:

Are there any particular mechs the veterans here would recommend?

Clan side: Stormcrow then Hunchback 2c then Novas then Shadowcat.

IS side: Blackjack then Griffon then Hunchback then Shadowhawk then Centurion.

The rest don't matter. Your milage may vary.

_Edit: My list went Cent then shadowhawk then griffon then stormcrow then blackjack then hunchies then hunchies 2cs... Hindsight is 20/20.

Edited by 762 NATO, 16 July 2016 - 11:33 PM.

#39 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 17 July 2016 - 01:59 AM

I barely picked up one Mech with this sale, and only because of a build I need to keep at the ready. Lack of Mech Bays is making me not purchase new Mech Variants often. Wanted before the next Mech Chassis Sale? A nice Mech Bay Sale. :(

~D. V. "getting the feeling PGI is trying to make MWO unplayable without spending what you don't have" Devnull

#40 pacifica812

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAt home, at work, or on the stage... mostly

Posted 17 July 2016 - 03:53 AM

I bought my HunchiesIIC, Novas and 'Crows. I still have eight mechbays left and enough C-bills for potentially three more chassis and I can't decide between The Griffs or The Cats...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users