#3 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 15 July 2016 - 06:32 PM

But there are Soooo Many Words!

That said, you never mention how they plan on nerfing the Locust. And honestly, as one of my favourite mechs, I feel overpowered in that beast of a machine. I'm sure a small downpowering wont break it.

~Leone.

Edited by Leone, 15 July 2016 - 06:35 PM.

#4 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 15 July 2016 - 07:09 PM

View PostLeone, on 15 July 2016 - 06:32 PM, said:

But there are Soooo Many Words!

That said, you never mention how they plan on nerfing the Locust. And honestly, as one of my favourite mechs, I feel overpowered in that beast of a machine. I'm sure a small downpowering wont break it.

~Leone.

Except it won't be a "small" downpowering. Knowing PGI, they'll take a sledgehammer to the poor things quirks and make the Locust into what it once was, a joke of a mech that people took to troll with or if they were a masochist.

#5 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 10:26 AM

Locusts OP, pls nerf Locusts!

(lol, i had to say this at least once)

On a more serious note, this is yet another "Baaaaaahh, pls don't break my favorite toy~~" including much arm flailing.
Locusts are a tard to good for their 20 tons. I don't think the structure nerfs are necessary, but i'll wait and see how it's playing out.

And if you think locusts have it bad, go check out commandos and their bolted on gorilla arms, or mediumsize panther/wolfhounds or, my all time favorite "we sold enough oxides" heavie sized CT hitbox on sticks a.k.a. jenners.

(and nobody is talking about how ridiculous f*ing hugh firestarters are nowadays. l.o.l.)

Edited by Toha Heavy Industries, 18 July 2016 - 10:28 AM.

#6 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 01:00 PM

Pgi Please fix hit light mech network thing b4 balance light mech

#7 Thor Sten

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • 134 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 08:23 AM

I don't think they've killed the Locust, sure, I could play it more reckless before the nerf (+16 on each leg was a bit excessive), but I still play Losucst mostly and with a little bit of caution (and OK matched teams) you can still pull your weight.

So, in short, I don't want to go "Baaaaaahh, pls don't break my favorite toy~~" just this:

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 18 July 2016 - 10:26 AM, said:

Locusts are a tard to good for their 20 tons.
The 20 Tons shouldn't be a measure at all. In the TableTop this could be a mesuare, if you try to balance by tons, say 20 Locusts (400Tons) against 4 Atlas (400 tons). But as long as MWO is 12 vs 12 with the weight spread pretty far, this should never by a factor. Every Player has to pull the full weight of his 1-of-12 slot, no matter if he pilots 20 or 100 tons. As long as this game is mostly Skirmish, every Mech even the Locust has to be a viable tool, and it can hardly be "to good" tool, as long it's so damn hard to play compared to mediums and heavies (I get twice the matchscore in a ShadowCat without even trying to concentrate on the game).

Edited by Thor Sten, 28 July 2016 - 09:04 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users