Patch Notes - 1.4.79 - 19-Jul-2016

442 replies to this topic

#21 Schroedingers Hat

Rookie

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 06:58 PM

By all means nerf the locust 1E, and maybe the 3S and 3M if you must, but the others were fine. Also why do PGI always go way overboard with nerfing things? The locust is now going to be almost as useless as the other IS lights since the rescale (or is the goal to make lights not a viable option?)

#22 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 07:08 PM

View PostSchroedingers Hat, on 15 July 2016 - 06:58 PM, said:

By all means nerf the locust 1E, and maybe the 3S and 3M if you must, but the others were fine. Also why do PGI always go way overboard with nerfing things? The locust is now going to be almost as useless as the other IS lights since the rescale (or is the goal to make lights not a viable option?)

All of them were fine. The damn thing can be handily one shot by massed streaks, PPCs, Ballistics, pulse-lasers, and even conventional SRMs. The missile variants are heavily constrained by ammo. All of them are heavily constrained in alpha size. Even with its current quirks, it takes properly good pilots to actually be effective with, and in comp leagues it's still useless for the previously mentioned drawbacks.

Basically, all they are doing is pushing good pilots who want to play lights onto the strugglebus.

#23 DaFrog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • 421 posts
  • Locationmontreal

Posted 15 July 2016 - 07:20 PM

No thx for nerfing the crap out of my Pirate's Bane. I wasn't using because it couldn't compete, now I am going to dismantle it and moth ball it.
:-(

#24 Kageru Ikazuchi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 07:28 PM

For all of us out there who wondered why we went from a patch every two weeks to once a month ... holy crap, there's a ton of stuff in here. Not only do they have the time to get some really big things done, there's a load of small things as well.

Spoiler

If anyone wants to actually read my thoughts ... they're behind the spoiler.

TL;DR: Decals: WOW! Caches: Meh. Viper: Cool. Loyalty 'Mechs: Meh. Viridian: WOW! Chat: Cool. Faction: Cool. CUAC/40: LOL!! Long Tom: Meh. Quirks: Cool. Set-of-8 Quirks: WOW! Saves: WOW! Leaderboard: Meh. 'Mech Fixes: Cool. Camo Lightening: Nice. Pattern Retro: Nice. MechLab: Nice. Other: Meh. Statistics: Cool.

Edited by Kageru Ikazuchi, 15 July 2016 - 07:32 PM.

#25 Kageru Ikazuchi

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 07:35 PM

View PostKay Wolf, on 15 July 2016 - 06:18 PM, said:

"There are three ‘classes’ of Decal: • Basic (180 MC) • Special (500 MC) • Premium (1250 MC)" You are ********, and I'm gone. The last of my reserve of patience for this game just eek'd out, and the ******* gas tank is now empty. Goodbye.

It's been fun bantering over the years, but if this is all it takes to count as the "final straw" for you to get huffy and rage quit, then you really need to reconsider your priorities.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Can I have your stuff?

#26 MoonUnitBeta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 15 July 2016 - 07:45 PM

I see that the Skull and Cross bones on the Griffin's Right arm shows through on both sides...

Does this mean the Atlas skull over the cockpit also going to show on the back side of the mech as well???

:S

#27 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 07:47 PM

Oh can I get in on his stuff ? WIll PGI take his stuff and put it into supply crates for us ?

View PostDaFrog, on 15 July 2016 - 07:20 PM, said:

No thx for nerfing the crap out of my Pirate's Bane. I wasn't using because it couldn't compete, now I am going to dismantle it and moth ball it.
:-(

oh stop whining, you still have a tiny little ECM mech that can do a lovely impersonation of an attack sub in the water of crimsom tide (and probably river city also, I haven't looked with my locust yet to see if its deep enough).

#28 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 679 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 15 July 2016 - 07:51 PM

View PostKageru Ikazuchi, on 15 July 2016 - 07:28 PM, said:

For all of us out there who wondered why we went from a patch every two weeks to once a month ... holy crap, there's a ton of stuff in here. Not only do they have the time to get some really big things done, there's a load of small things as well.

Spoiler

If anyone wants to actually read my thoughts ... they're behind the spoiler.

TL;DR: Decals: WOW! Caches: Meh. Viper: Cool. Loyalty 'Mechs: Meh. Viridian: WOW! Chat: Cool. Faction: Cool. CUAC/40: LOL!! Long Tom: Meh. Quirks: Cool. Set-of-8 Quirks: WOW! Saves: WOW! Leaderboard: Meh. 'Mech Fixes: Cool. Camo Lightening: Nice. Pattern Retro: Nice. MechLab: Nice. Other: Meh. Statistics: Cool.

I'm not sure I understand the quirking with the Viper at all. And no idea what the Set of 8 is. Sorry just I don't really look at quirks with clan mechs...more concentrated on IS mech quirks.

#29 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 07:52 PM

View PostKay Wolf, on 15 July 2016 - 06:18 PM, said:

"There are three ‘classes’ of Decal:

• Basic (180 MC)
• Special (500 MC)
• Premium (1250 MC)"

You are ********, and I'm gone. The last of my reserve of patience for this game just eek'd out, and the ******* gas tank is now empty. Goodbye.

They're one time purchases, with unlimited uses...
Literally you only have to buy one Decal and you can use it 800 times if you want.
180mc is nothing.
It's a flair item, novelty, for the vain.

Decals don't give you better stats, they don't help you aim better for fight better. Purely a coolness factor.

If THESE are the prices that make you leave, I'm sorry to say, but you probably should have jumped boat years ago.
Have you seen the Premium Colour MC prices? One time purchase, use it all you want.

So far, the costs of the decals are not bad. Especially for the Basic and Special ones. They are very reasonable.
Two basic decals are just over the cost of a mech bay.
One Special decal is just below the cost of two mech bays.

If you have no use to buy mech bays, you can instead pimp ALL your mechs out by buying a handful of decals...

What did people say back in the 1990-2000's? oh yeah, quiterbitcheŋ

#30 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 733 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 15 July 2016 - 07:54 PM

View PostSigilum Sanctum, on 15 July 2016 - 06:52 PM, said:

Who in the name of christ is doing your quirk changes? What was the point of nerfing the Blackjack and the Warhammers, especially after they got bigger? Why did the Bounty Hunter lose agility quirks when it was already strapped with a 300 max engine? What was the point of nerfing Battlemasters when they barely changed in size, and the only one that PROBABLY should have been nerfed (the 2C) didn't have practically anything done to it?

What the hell is going on?

LOL, cause only IS nerfs are bad huh? Guess what, Novas and cheetahs didn't need nerfing either. Ah but I guess clamz op right?

#31 Sigilum Sanctum

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,673 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 15 July 2016 - 07:58 PM

View PostPraetorGix, on 15 July 2016 - 07:54 PM, said:

LOL, cause only IS nerfs are bad huh? Guess what, Novas and cheetahs didn't need nerfing either. Ah but I guess clamz op right?

That's not whats implied at all, so I'd appreciate it if you didn't try and effectively shove words in my mouth. If you had any knowledge of my post history you'd know that I don't ever fit in that bandwagon.

Those are simply some of the most prominent mechs in my garage. None of the quirk nerfs make any sense with the except of the mechs that were made smaller in the resize. (though I dispute the necessity of nerfing the locust)

#32 WANTED

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 611 posts
  • LocationFt. Worth, TX

Posted 15 July 2016 - 07:59 PM

Ouch. Those Inner Sphere nerf quirks hurt Posted Image Not happy. Blackjack seemed to be ok after the last structure nerf now they take it down another notch? Back to the never seen again mech hanger you go Mr Blackjack. Only good thing is the jenner got some mobility back again.

Edited by WANTED, 15 July 2016 - 08:01 PM.

#33 Kageru Ikazuchi

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 08:01 PM

View PostRamrod AI, on 15 July 2016 - 07:51 PM, said:

I'm not sure I understand the quirking with the Viper at all. And no idea what the Set of 8 is. Sorry just I don't really look at quirks with clan mechs...more concentrated on IS mech quirks.

The "set of eight" thing is new with this patch and the VPR ... on the VPR, some of the torsos get mobility quirks, but to get the weapon quirks, you have to run the CT-variant's matching omni pods. If you switch out omni pods to rearrange hard points, you lose the quirks.

In the long run, I hope they do this for all omnimechs. It will make sense for under-performing omni-pods to get structure, armor, or mobility quirks, but no min-maxing omni pods for the best combination of both quirks and hard points, it's either one or the other.

#34 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 08:03 PM

Please change the wording for the supply cache

to: "WAS REWARDED WITH A SUPPLY CACHE"

Uses of "has been" is not very good English. More often than not, using "was" is gooder* English.

*purposeful use of "gooder" to illustrate that "has been" sounds (almost, not quite) as weird.

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 15 July 2016 - 10:00 PM.

#35 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 08:08 PM

After looking through all quirk changes, this patch is one of the bigger jokes of your recent history. Gz.

Edited by meteorol, 15 July 2016 - 08:09 PM.

#36 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 15 July 2016 - 08:10 PM

View PostSigilum Sanctum, on 15 July 2016 - 06:52 PM, said:

Who in the name of christ is doing your quirk changes? What was the point of nerfing the Blackjack and the Warhammers, especially after they got bigger? Why did the Bounty Hunter lose agility quirks when it was already strapped with a 300 max engine? What was the point of nerfing Battlemasters when they barely changed in size, and the only one that PROBABLY should have been nerfed (the 2C) didn't have practically anything done to it?

What the hell is going on?

drunken dart match selection again ?

#37 Duncan1dah0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 375 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 15 July 2016 - 08:19 PM

I find myself asking, "why do I play." I don't understand nerfing every good mech. Sure it creates new metas and haters, but why? I'm getting tired of all this fiddling. Is your goal for everything to be the same? Is every mech supposed to play the same as everother? I'm just getting tired of it.

The more I ponder this, the more I wonder if it is some conspiracy to sell more mechs.

#38 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 08:24 PM

View PostCathy, on 15 July 2016 - 08:10 PM, said:

drunken dart match selection again ?

Drunken, no. This was intentional malice.

View PostGamerGirlGundam, on 15 July 2016 - 08:20 PM, said:

wow the jenners.. did they really need more nerfs to their mobility Posted Image

final nail in the coffin

I think you read that wrong, they got an agility buff.

Edited by Yeonne Greene, 15 July 2016 - 08:24 PM.

#39 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 08:32 PM

Did I miss it or have they not yet revealed the store prices for the former loyalty mech variants?

#40 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 08:39 PM

View PostPraetorGix, on 15 July 2016 - 07:54 PM, said:

And kodiaks didn't need their agility turfed... but oh well...guess the atlases MIGHT put up a fight now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users