9 replies to this topic

#1 SuomiWarder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1,661 posts
  • LocationSacramento area, California

Posted 19 July 2016 - 12:40 PM

I suppose stemming from the recent moderator dumping, PGI has popped uo their dictates of servcie agreement to agree to before you can patch.

I scanned through most of it. Mostly pretty common game company stuff, which reserves tons of rights for the company while granting almost nothing to the end user.

What the more creative types Artwork, stories, reviews, whatever. Not sure how that would apply to a link your work that is on someone else's site.

Just a heads up.

#2 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 19 July 2016 - 01:55 PM

Regarding the artwork, can you post the relevant sections you are concerned about?

#3 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 July 2016 - 09:49 PM

Posted Image

#4 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 28 July 2016 - 11:59 AM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 26 July 2016 - 09:49 PM, said:

Posted Image

That's not true. Facebook has repeatedly banned folks for having moderate and conservative views. So has Twitter. However, we the people have every right to say our ideas elsewhere, without them or their platform.

#5 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 28 July 2016 - 06:48 PM

View PostMarack Drock the Unicorn Wizard, on 28 July 2016 - 05:29 PM, said:

Facebook and those places have every right on Earth to censor whom they please. End User Agreement says so, and so anyone who says they agree, have NO right to get upset if they are banned.

That is the person's problem, not facebook's.

Now yes I think people should be able to speak their opinions (as long as they aren't promoting violence) without censorship, but I also hold that if you agree to a contract, then you should expect any repercussion that comes your way because of said opinion.

Well, censorship is a dangerous thing if views are purged just because the platform does not agree with them. There have been multiple instances of accounts being deleted not because what was said on them was hateful, but only because they didn't side with Facebook or Twitter's stance on a particular agenda.

That's dangerous.

#6 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 July 2016 - 08:21 PM

View PostMister Blastman, on 28 July 2016 - 11:59 AM, said:

That's not true. Facebook has repeatedly banned folks for having moderate and conservative views. So has Twitter. However, we the people have every right to say our ideas elsewhere, without them or their platform.

Yeah I was mostly talking about here though

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users