137 replies to this topic

#1 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 19 July 2016 - 02:19 PM

Ok, if you read the patch notes then you know there was a fix issued for firing 3+ UAC10s (rip quad UAC10 Kdk3 aka: Skill Bear).

However, I was doing some testing pre-hot fix and noticed that simply double tapping 2x UAC10s would sometimes trigger ghost heat.

Tested on frozen city - sometimes firing a double tap of just two UAC10s would send me into the 40% heat range.

Only seemed to happen on very quick double taps, however the problem was not repeatable.

#2 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 02:28 PM

Ghost heat limit is 2 per 0.5 seconds, double tapping too quickly fires 4 shots within 0.5 seconds triggering ghost heat. Now if you want to put your 80 points of damage out you need to split it into 4 shots spaced out 0.5 seconds each, so it takes a little over 1.5 seconds to get out the full blast.

This really was the nerf the Kodiak 3 needed in regards to quad UAC10, now it can't just double tap its damage with all 4 guns and not overheat and push out 80 damage in half a second.

#3 EasyPickings

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 192 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 19 July 2016 - 02:31 PM

Yep, it's going to turn quad C-UAC-10 KDK-3s into quad C-LBX-10ers.

#4 MechWarrior414712

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 02:32 PM

@Dakota1000 Obviously talking about everything else than the quaduac Kodiak, read more carefully.

This doesn't happen with 3xuac5 or 1xuac20... only with uac10... Don't bother posting if you have no clue what you're talking about and I doubt PGI will pay you for defending this.

Edited by The Mech Daddy, 19 July 2016 - 02:32 PM.

#5 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 02:39 PM

View PostThe Mech Daddy, on 19 July 2016 - 02:32 PM, said:

@Dakota1000 Obviously talking about everything else than the quaduac Kodiak, read more carefully.

This doesn't happen with 3xuac5 or 1xuac20... only with uac10... Don't bother posting if you have no clue what you're talking about and I doubt PGI will pay you for defending this.

I stated what happens and why its happening, then gave my opinion on what it does to the Kodiak even though it effects any other mech running 2 or more UAC10s.

I remember it also happens with UAC20 but is very difficult to do due to UAC20's longer "beam duration"

Don't know why you have to seem so condescending.

View PostEasyPickings, on 19 July 2016 - 02:31 PM, said:

Yep, it's going to turn quad C-UAC-10 KDK-3s into quad C-LBX-10ers.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic here, but all that extra damage along with less spread still leaves the quad UAC10 loadout far superior to the LBX10s, you just have to have a bit more face time than before, still not much worse than firing a CERLL.

#6 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 19 July 2016 - 02:42 PM

View PostThe Mech Daddy, on 19 July 2016 - 02:32 PM, said:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...eapon_heatscale

UAC/20 gets ghost heat at 2, it jumps 7 (1 gun) heat right up to 30.8 (2 guns) heat if you fire two with in .5 seconds of each other.

UAC/10 gets ghost heat at 3, it doesn't have as big of a jump, from 6 (2 guns) to 17 (3 guns)

UA/5 gets ghost heat at 4, but the jump is so minor it only goes up by .024 heat, (3 (3 guns) to 4.24 (4 guns)).

#7 MechWarrior414712

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 02:47 PM

But it makes no sense this only happens with twin uac10... why doesn't triple uac5 doubletap get ghost heat?? So so sad and weak by PGI.

#8 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 02:52 PM

View PostThe Mech Daddy, on 19 July 2016 - 02:47 PM, said:

But it makes no sense this only happens with twin uac10... why doesn't triple uac5 doubletap get ghost heat?? So so sad and weak by PGI.

Have you checked it really well? the ghost heat for firing 6 UAC5s at once (basically triple UAC5X2) is very low. A 6 UAC5 Dire Wolf can fire all guns at once pretty easily. In my UAC20 Adder I got to watch out firing the UAC20 if I don't want to generate extra heat.

#9 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 19 July 2016 - 02:55 PM

6UAC5s gives you only 1 extra heat.

Very minor ghost heat. The 2xUAC10s triggering ghost heat because of the double tap is asinine in my opinion though, same with 1 UAC20.

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 19 July 2016 - 02:56 PM.

#10 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 19 July 2016 - 03:32 PM

Looking into this.

Just remember, the only change made to the C-UAC10 is the amount of extra heat generated through HeatScale. That being said, if the double tap is now registering extra heat, that is a bug and will be fixed asap. It could have been the case all along, just that the C-UAC10 wasn't spiking heat like it is now. Either way... being actively investigated.

#11 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 19 July 2016 - 03:34 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 19 July 2016 - 03:32 PM, said:

Looking into this.

Just remember, the only change made to the C-UAC10 is the amount of extra heat generated through HeatScale. That being said, if the double tap is now registering extra heat, that is a bug and will be fixed asap. It could have been the case all along, just that the C-UAC10 wasn't spiking heat like it is now. Either way... being actively investigated.

I do think it might have been one for a while, as I did always feel my single UAC10 HBK-IIC was running excessively hot. But I never really took the time to compare. Dropping in it in just a moment to see.

#12 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 19 July 2016 - 03:54 PM

I think this has always been the case with UAC10's, just never had anything that could mount them sooo well till the KDK-3 came along.

I notice it on my 2 UAC 10 Timbers and Ebons.

#13 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 04:11 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 19 July 2016 - 03:34 PM, said:

I do think it might have been one for a while, as I did always feel my single UAC10 HBK-IIC was running excessively hot. But I never really took the time to compare. Dropping in it in just a moment to see.

You wouldn't be able to trigger ghost heat on a single UAC10 mech though, you'd need at least two to fire a third shot within 0.5 seconds.

#14 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 04:20 PM

Confirmed ... Big issues even with firecontrol lol...

And fire with 3UACs trigger ghostheat as intended but the ghost heat bonus look huge comparing at smurfy tables ... like i was shooting with 6 + 6 UAC10s
PGI did change UAC10 ghostheat values with last patch ??

#15 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 19 July 2016 - 04:24 PM

Yes.. as per the patch notes.. the HS multiplier went from 1.0 to 15.0 (which falls directly between the Clan UAC5 and UAC20). It was the KDK that brought this issue to light and now this higher value is bringing the double tap issue to the surface. We have repro'd it and is now on a bug list. I cannot tell you WHEN it's going to get patched into the game quite yet. Engineering needs more time to look into it.

#16 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 04:40 PM

This sounds like essentially the same problem that plagued the AC/2 until ghost heat was removed from it entirely.

#17 Naelbis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 127 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 04:42 PM

Man, I wish I had thought to report this way back when. My quad UAC/10 Dire has been dealing with this forever. Could have saved PGI some serious grief.

#18 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 19 July 2016 - 04:42 PM

Why doesn't this surprise anyone?

This is still likely having to do with the .5 second "Ghost Heat" cooldown, and not having the code to "exclude" to state of double tapping for UACs (since that is the only weapon that can be "fired" during cooldown).

Well, I guess it's dual PPC+Gauss for every KDK-3 yes?

#19 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 04:49 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 19 July 2016 - 04:24 PM, said:

Yes.. as per the patch notes..

Sorry but i dont see anything about news ghostheat values changes for UAC10

Clan Ultra AC/10: Fixed an issue where firing 4 UAC/10s simultaneously would not incur the intended heat scale penalty.

I see this but nothing more about UAC10..But pretty sure it's because english isnt my first language.

In fact without Li-song mechlab or Smurfy, i won't be aware about any ghostheat values in this game and many others usefull infos about MWO's weapons ...
Maybe there is a lack of information directly in the game specially for all causals players... Posted Image

A " weaponary " tab with lots infos like in smurfy http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/equipment or " advanced mechlab " section with lots of graphs about current build like we have in Li-Song mechlab should be really usefull in this game were mech customization is about 25% of our play time and pleasure to play.. Posted Image

TY for your time.

Edited by Idealsuspect, 19 July 2016 - 04:51 PM.

#20 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 19 July 2016 - 04:52 PM

View PostIdealsuspect, on 19 July 2016 - 04:49 PM, said:

Sorry but i dont see anything about news ghostheat values changes for UAC10

They didn't announce it, but it's accurate.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users