Win 10 And Microfreezing

7 replies to this topic

#1 Scanz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 783 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 10:00 PM

Im installing Win 10, and now im get microfeezing sometimes (every 1 min) - GPU load drop to 5% and restore back to 99%

Anybody know how to fix it ?

#2 Darth Futuza

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 10:39 PM

What's your system? GPU? Do you have the latest drivers for Windows 10? Does this only happen in MWO, or is it happening in other games? If other games, is it non directx games as well (eg: opengl)?

#3 Scanz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 783 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 10:44 PM

solved with disable windows defender for steam folder.

#4 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 19 July 2016 - 11:41 PM

have Win 7 and many Microfreezings , most maps with weather or other effects, now massive in frozen and Viridian
MWO is very bad in Progamcode

Edited by Old MW4 Ranger, 19 July 2016 - 11:42 PM.

#5 GetinmyBellah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationWest Palm Beach, USA

Posted 20 July 2016 - 12:48 AM

View PostScanz, on 19 July 2016 - 10:44 PM, said:

solved with disable windows defender for steam folder.

Great to hear! There are several options in settings and other 'hidden' areas of Win10 x64 that I disabled/uninstalled not only for maximizing performance, but also to stop the OS from collecting and, or sending data back to Microsoft and designated third parties. Once I completed disabling all of that nonsense it was amazing how much faster Win10 performed and I no longer had issues in any games I frequently play (to date at least)! Such as freezing, crashes, fps drops and more... it took me several days to find them all, well probably not all ~ I'm not a coder outside of web sites and domain back ends - server functions.

Anyhow, best of luck & Happy Gaming, Scanz! <S>

Oh yeah, and for those not in the know, as it were: You may want to check rock paper shotgun and use the search function unless you already have the tech savvy - know how. RPS released a pretty good, in depth post about what to turn off in Win10 for gamers for max performance.

#6 Kidler

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 79 posts
  • LocationOST, Poland

Posted 20 July 2016 - 08:35 AM

Today i changed gpu to r9 380 and now I suffer massive microfreezing. Every damn few seconds game freeze. Yesterday everything was ok and now i'm wondering is the new card or new patch causing this problems? All other games I play runs without any problems (World of Tanks, World of Warplanes, War Thunder, Civilization 5),

#7 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 08:55 AM

Run the MWO Repair Tool (in the Cogwheel Menu of the Launcher) and click "fix it" at the end - that will clear the Shader Cache and reload mismatched files.
Clearing the Shader Cache may help you though it may take a few Matches till all shaders are compiled (some FPS slowdowns while doing so).
You can also switch Directx 9/11 and Anti Aliasing modes to see if it helps.

Maybe you have a handcrafted MWO Setup file that could be problematic?

Crimson Driver Settings should be Standard/application controlled (a new one was released yesterday).

#8 Kidler

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 79 posts
  • LocationOST, Poland

Posted 21 July 2016 - 02:27 AM

View PostThorqemada, on 20 July 2016 - 08:55 AM, said:

Run the MWO Repair Tool (in the Cogwheel Menu of the Launcher) and click "fix it" at the end - that will clear the Shader Cache and reload mismatched files.
Clearing the Shader Cache may help you though it may take a few Matches till all shaders are compiled (some FPS slowdowns while doing so).
You can also switch Directx 9/11 and Anti Aliasing modes to see if it helps.

Maybe you have a handcrafted MWO Setup file that could be problematic?

Crimson Driver Settings should be Standard/application controlled (a new one was released yesterday).

Nope, i'm not a MacGyver type guy and i'm not doing things with stuff. Only things I changed are graphic options in game settings. I hope Repair Tool will help.

Edit: After Repair's Tool "fixing" it's even worse. 64-bit client won't start at all and 32-bit client starts but still suffers microfreezings.As I said before only MWO makes problems.

Edited by Kidler, 21 July 2016 - 03:25 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users