Question About Eliting/mastering Mechs

20 replies to this topic

#1 Diarist

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 10:06 AM

So, I understand that I need to unlock all of the basic efficiencies on 3 different variants of a chassis in order to be able to move onto the elite tree.

However, my friend was also telling me that I still need to OWN all of those chassis' or else I lose the ability to unlock those elite trees.

For example, I unlocked the basics on a Nova-S, Prime, and C. Am currently doing the elite trees on the S. By his logic, I am not allowed to sell off the C and Prime to free up my mech bays or else I cannot unlock the elite skills. Is this true?

#2 McGoat

Banned -Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 629 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 10:17 AM

Once a tree is unlocked, it is unlocked.
For example - say you have 3 EBJs and worked through the basic tree on each, from there you can unlock the master tree by completing the elite tree on any chassis in the weight class (heavy in this example).

#3 Roughneck45

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 20 July 2016 - 10:36 AM

Yes that's true.

You must own the mech to unlock anything on its tree.

If you sell the mech you keep your unlocks but you will be unable to unlock anything else until you own the variant again.

Basics are required for 3 variants every time to get to the master level.

Elites are only required once per weight class.

Edited by Roughneck45, 20 July 2016 - 10:38 AM.

#4 Diarist

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 10:49 AM

I basic'd out 3 novas. I'm currently doing elites on one of them.
Can I sell the other 2 without consequence. Yes or no.

#5 Roughneck45

• The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 20 July 2016 - 10:50 AM

View PostDiarist, on 20 July 2016 - 10:06 AM, said:

By his logic, I am not allowed to sell off the C and Prime to free up my mech bays or else I cannot unlock the elite skills. Is this true?

View PostRoughneck45, on 20 July 2016 - 10:36 AM, said:

Yes that's true.

#6 Diarist

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 11:17 AM

View PostRoughneck45, on 20 July 2016 - 10:50 AM, said:

Still doesn't answer my question, cus as I said I have already started elite skills on one of them.
https://gyazo.com/97...75f5f3389946dd6

If I have to have 2 useless mechs wasting mech bays just to continue unlocking these then that's pants on head game design.

Edited by Diarist, 20 July 2016 - 11:19 AM.

#7 TooDumbToQuit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 11:20 AM

Yes that's true. You must own the mech to unlock anything on its tree. If you sell the mech you keep your unlocks but you will be unable to unlock anything else until you own the variant again. Basics are required for 3 variants every time to get to the master level. Elites are only required once per weight class.

Basics need 3 variants and I've learned the hard way that two Mechs can be the same variant. But Elie is about weight class? So if I have the basics done, all I need is two more in the same weight class as in "Heavy" or "Medium".

For instance, I just bought two Griffins. I need a 3rd variant for basics. Then, since I have several mediums, I only have to keep one of them to do elite?

And how about mastery? And where is this written down?

#8 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 11:27 AM

View PostDiarist, on 20 July 2016 - 11:17 AM, said:

Still doesn't answer my question, cus as I said I have already started elite skills on one of them.
https://gyazo.com/97...75f5f3389946dd6

If I have to have 2 useless mechs wasting mech bays just to continue unlocking these then that's pants on head game design.

If he has others in the same weight class, then does he need the other two Novas?

Honestly bro, I've been screwed by this before so go ahead and level them all up before I sell one. I

By your pic, you are there. I wonder about Mastery.

#9 Roughneck45

• The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 20 July 2016 - 11:36 AM

View PostDiarist, on 20 July 2016 - 11:17 AM, said:

Still doesn't answer my question

If you sold the two you didn't want and finished unlocking the elites on the one you kept you would not be able to unlock the mastery slot, because you had not unlocked elites for 3 medium mechs.

To master a mech, you need to basic 3 variants, then elite those variants, then you can unlock master on those variants.

If you have done this process once to a mech class, in this case mediums with your novas, further medium mech skill trees will only require you to do basics across three variants to unlock the master level.

So keep all 3 of your novas. Unlock all basic skills, then elite skills, and get the mastery skill if you want. Then you can sell any of them that you want. Say you bought stormcrows next. You'd have to get 3 variants, get all the basics, but because you already did elites on your novas you don't have to do it for the storm crows. You could sell 2 stormcrows you didn't want and unlock the elite and mastery slot on the one you keep.

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 20 July 2016 - 11:20 AM, said:

For instance, I just bought two Griffins. I need a 3rd variant for basics. Then, since I have several mediums, I only have to keep one of them to do elite?

Correct.

Edited by Roughneck45, 20 July 2016 - 11:38 AM.

#10 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 12:22 PM

Ah, I get it now. I did not have that many Mechs so I never saw this. But I semi stocked up on IS Mediums the last week.

Diarist. I started with Stormcrows and as I like to say, they bought everything else, lol. One important thing is to keep all of the Omnipods. In fact, buy more and different ones. I kept two Stromcrow Chassis because I can make anything out of them. I wish i had kept another so just save time.

The Nova is the same. Looking at all the Omnipods, decided which 2-3 set ups you like the best. I have yet to have to buy a Mech Bay but I'm at the limit now. After I decide which Vipers are the same variant etc I'm going to sell at least two, maybe 4 (I have all 7).

One thing about them was a bummer and I have no idea who to complain to. In all of the other OmniMechs I know, you can buy any Omnipod from any Mech. Like in the Stormcrow, I can buy one (or 6) of the right torso or any other Omnipod for/from the SCR-A, SCR-B, SCR-C, SCR-D and the SCR-Prime.

But they did not tell us something about the Viper. You can only buy the Omnipods from only 3 variants. The VPR-A, the VPR-B and the VPR-Prime.

Where are the Omnipods for the VPR-C, the VPR-D and VPR-M?

#11 Roughneck45

• The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 20 July 2016 - 12:32 PM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 20 July 2016 - 12:22 PM, said:

But they did not tell us something about the Viper. You can only buy the Omnipods from only 3 variants. The VPR-A, the VPR-B and the VPR-Prime.

Where are the Omnipods for the VPR-C, the VPR-D and VPR-M?

I haven't logged into game yet but that is odd.

Maybe when they get released for c-bills?

The M is hero, so you may not be able to use them at all, I'm not sure.

Edited by Roughneck45, 20 July 2016 - 12:32 PM.

#12 Pak Hammond

• PipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 63 posts
  • LocationTrying to run on a connection that has to cross oceans

Posted 20 July 2016 - 01:28 PM

You can only buy them when they release for cbills. Its the standard practice for omni reinforcements.

#13 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 01:31 PM

View PostRoughneck45, on 20 July 2016 - 12:32 PM, said:

I haven't logged into game yet but that is odd. Maybe when they get released for c-bills? The M is hero, so you may not be able to use them at all, I'm not sure.

I thought it was very odd and yet, i can't find anything about it.

And the CHASSIS on the M is a hero with +30% C-Bills, not the Omnipods. I hope they clear this up.

View Postpakman61, on 20 July 2016 - 01:28 PM, said:

You can only buy them when they release for cbills. Its the standard practice for omni reinforcements.

Thanks! It still does not explain the M but......

#14 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 01:21 PM

I'm not sure what "tree" means in above, specially master tree.

I play clan only, I have two heavies, both Mad dog, and basic skills unlocked on both. I would need a third Mad Dog, to continue unlocking them to elite level. I also have enough C-Bills for assult and one free mech bay, which is kinda important, I want one.

So, if I sell now one Mad dog, and buy a new one, play it and unlock it's basic tree(?), then I can unlock the elite from the other I now have, plus eventually for the one I just bought.

But of course the one I sold away, I can't, this I know.

But, what about master skill? Do I need to have 3 elited heavies? Or just one. Or 3 elited Mad dogs? And, how much, roughly, exp it takes to elite? I have 40k on other and 90k on other.

Is there any benefit to open several master levels on mechs, besides the extra equipment slot for each they give?

Reason I ask, I want to keep enough C-bills and one free bay for assult, in case some nice clan assult comes into sale. Without the need to prematurely sell any mechs.

#15 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 02:33 PM

View PostDiarist, on 20 July 2016 - 10:06 AM, said:

So, I understand that I need to unlock all of the basic efficiencies on 3 different variants of a chassis in order to be able to move onto the elite tree.

However, my friend was also telling me that I still need to OWN all of those chassis' or else I lose the ability to unlock those elite trees.

For example, I unlocked the basics on a Nova-S, Prime, and C. Am currently doing the elite trees on the S. By his logic, I am not allowed to sell off the C and Prime to free up my mech bays or else I cannot unlock the elite skills. Is this true?

You need them to unlock them.
But.. Once Basics are done, if you completely lose interest in some of them they can be sold off but do not do it before unlocking at least one Elite.
You cannot reach Master, however, without having 3 of the same Weight Class.

Basics:
3 of the same chassis can open elites.
Elites:
3 of the same weight class to unlock master.

#16 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 24 July 2016 - 10:33 PM

So, if I sell now one Mad dog, and buy a new one, play it and unlock it's basic tree(?), then I can unlock the elite from the other I now have, plus eventually for the one I just bought.

Yes, assuming you do not want the Mech, as soon as you complete the basic skills you can sell it, then buy the next, Elete will unlock on completing basic on the third regardless of weather or not you own the third.

As for Master as soon as you complete elite on 3 heavy Mechs including the Mad Dog master will unlock for it.

#17 UnofficialOperator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,493 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 25 July 2016 - 11:11 PM

Hi some of the posters above have got it wrong (unless my mechs are bugged). You do not need to complete all elites on 3 mechs to obtain master on 1. (Edit: This is wrong. 3 mechs of the same weight class is enough for master)

I just finished unlocking the master module on my kdk 3. My kdk 1 and kdk 2 only have the basic efficiencies unlocked (0 points in elite). (My bad, my atlases were mastered)

Edited by UnofficialOperator, 26 July 2016 - 03:28 AM.

#18 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 01:12 AM

View PostUnofficialOperator, on 25 July 2016 - 11:11 PM, said:

Hi some of the posters above have got it wrong (unless my mechs are bugged). You do not need to complete all elites on 3 mechs to obtain master on 1.

I just finished unlocking the master module on my kdk 3. My kdk 1 and kdk 2 only have the basic efficiencies unlocked (0 points in elite).

Yes, some of the beginning of thread is partially incorrect.

Do you have other assults unlocked to elite? That's the way I understand it. 3 elited mech of particular weight class, allows mastering of any mech of the same weight class, as long as that particular mech model has 3 variats unlocked to basic level.So you have one elited Kodiak and two other elited assult mechs, which then allows you to master the Kodiak.

#19 UnofficialOperator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,493 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 26 July 2016 - 03:25 AM

View PostTeer5, on 26 July 2016 - 01:12 AM, said:

Do you have other assults unlocked to elite? That's the way I understand it. 3 elited mech of particular weight class, allows mastering of any mech of the same weight class, as long as that particular mech model has 3 variats unlocked to basic level.So you have one elited Kodiak and two other elited assult mechs, which then allows you to master the Kodiak.

That's really unusual then. I mean upon a second look, I do see that you can interpret the wording that way. I do have my Atlases all mastered in the 100t category.

Edit: Yep the correct info is this http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__1995589

3 mechs of same weight class to unlock Master. My bad for spreading wrong info.

Edited by UnofficialOperator, 26 July 2016 - 03:27 AM.

#20 Roughneck45

• The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 27 July 2016 - 06:48 AM

View PostTeer5, on 26 July 2016 - 01:12 AM, said:

No?

Basics are required for 3 variants every time to get to the master level.

Elites are only required once per weight class.

View PostKoniving, on 24 July 2016 - 02:33 PM, said:

Basics:
3 of the same chassis can open elites.
Elites:
3 of the same weight class to unlock master.

Putting this explanation into words always seems more difficult than it should be lol.

Edited by Roughneck45, 27 July 2016 - 06:51 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users