2011 Boardgamers Talk About Mwo :))

No replies to this topic

#1 SCHLIMMER BESTIMMER XXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 879 posts
  • LocationNiemalsland

Posted 20 July 2016 - 12:05 PM

Read an intresting forum conversation from 2011 on sarna.net.
It was between 2 battletech board game players shortly after MWO launched.
especially the last quote part is ammusing.
Enjoy Posted Image
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

I have noticed in the past that many of these games do the buy something extra for real money and gain in game items...that to me is not a good thing, yes I know these things take money to make and run, BUT allowing someone to buy stuff for X amount out side of the game and then rewarding them in the game lends to nothing more then a case of who is willing to dump money into the game to win.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's capitalism (and the current gaming industry) for ya'.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

The idea of the XL being a disadvantage is never really handled well. You don't go boom as fast as in the board game, then again that doesn't always happen in the board game either. I doubt very much that the damage system will follow standard BT for very long and will be adjusted to allow smooth play and fast combat times.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course; if they didn't, casual players would soon find out that all you need to win is to get close and carry OMGWTF levels of medium lasers, just like in Mechwarrior 2.

The heat is harder to handle sure, but either way it would come down to that.

Edit:
here is the link:
http://www.sarna.net...178/Main/162408

Edited by SHRedo, 20 July 2016 - 12:05 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users