Hot-Fix Scheduled For 21-Jul-2016

60 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 05:00 PM

Greetings MechWarriors,

We will be rolling out a hot-fix, currently scheduled for Thursday July 21st at 3:00 PM PDT [10PM UTC], with the following changes:

Archer: Fixed an issue where the Center Torso could appear offset at certain ranges.
Crab: Fixed an issue where the claws would be removed when no weapons were equipped in the LA/RA.
Phoenix Hawk: Fixed a tilt issue with the Center Torso.
Viper: Fixed an issue where the Set of 8 Bonus was listed as a Set of 2.
UrbanMech: Fixed an issue with Torso Twisting beyond a certain degree.
Viridian Bog: Fixed an issue where the Mini Map did not reflect the updated terrain.
• Fixed an issue where OmniPods could appear to be duplicated when they are unequipped and the Loadout is saved.
• Fixed an issue where the First Victory of the Day Bonus could be rewarded multiple times.
• Fixed an issue where double-tapping C-UAC weaponry would trigger Heat Scale as if multiple weapons of the same type were being fired simultaneously.

#2 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 20 July 2016 - 05:02 PM

Collect your free double XP weekend now before the hotfix!

#3 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 20 July 2016 - 05:17 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 20 July 2016 - 05:00 PM, said:

• Fixed an issue where double-tapping C-UAC weaponry would trigger Heat Scale as if multiple weapons of the same type were being fired simultaneously.
Not a new issue, and really glad it's being fixed.

Edited by Wintersdark, 20 July 2016 - 05:18 PM.

#4 ET Penang

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 84 posts
  • LocationPenang: near Char Koay Teow, Nasi Lemak & Chandoi stalls

Posted 20 July 2016 - 05:41 PM

Thank you PGI on fixing the UAC ghost heat issue. Meanwhile, is anything still can be done to improve the connection time for returning to lobby after a match? The long wait time on every match to return to lobby is really painful, hope you can do something about it. Thanks.

Penang

#5 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,246 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 20 July 2016 - 06:15 PM

Solid hot fix.

#6 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,652 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 20 July 2016 - 06:15 PM

On the archer, though I did not get a screen shot, the CT was there but leaning out the backside when the missile doors were opened :), like they were connected, I was laughing so hard I got myself killed...:)

#7 Cy Mitchell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 06:19 PM

Good job moving quickly on these fixes.

#8 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 06:32 PM

While you're hotfixing...could you fix the lack of structure quirks on the Vipers ? They're glass jawed compared to all other light-medium clan omnis. Narrow torso does you little good when its significantly weaker than an Ice Ferret.or Shadow Cat (both of which have structural quirks). I am losing CTs with great regularity and before that happens I've lost an arm or a leg already. The long nose leading out doesn't take side shots very well either.

#9 Krucilatoz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 120 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 07:53 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 20 July 2016 - 05:00 PM, said:

• Fixed an issue where the First Victory of the Day Bonus could be rewarded multiple times.

Bought a griffin, elite'd it in few match, BEST FEATURE EVERRR!!!

sorry caps

#10 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 07:58 PM

Almost makes up for nerfing my $70 kodiaks...and delivering the $50 vipers without structure / armor quirks....hmmm... no on second thought...it actually doesn't.

#11 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 20 July 2016 - 08:03 PM

I would still like to know if the doubletap hotfix is related to the phenomenon where you fire your second tap immediately before firing the next normal tap, causing them to be fired almost instantaneously.

Normally your doubletap is restricted to a certain interval between shots to prevent yourself form triggering ghost heat by doubletapping too fast. However, I know how to fire two sets of shots within 0.1 seconds, or even tighter if your timing is good. It's by shooting Shot 1.1 right before shooting shot 2.0. Sure, shots 1.0 and 1.1 will be spaced about half a second apart if you try to fire them as rapidly as possible...

...but if you fire shot 1.0 and then wait until shot 2.0 is aaaaallllmost ready to fire, then click-and-hold, you will fire shot 1.1 and then neigh instantaneously later begin firing shot 2.0, so closely that it's almost like firing twice as many bullets on a single shot. Timed right, it makes the UAC act more like Paired AC.

With just two UAC/10, using the above technique, you should reliably be able to trigger Ghost Heat on yourself.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 20 July 2016 - 08:03 PM.

#12 DaangeroussDann

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 08:43 PM

I don't see an FPS fix. I can't play with over 15 fps now , since patch. The game is completely unplayable, unstable, and going from 30 fps in CW prior to patch, to 10 fps after patch is a sad state. Why is this not being talked about, I know many with the same issue as myself and my daughter.

#13 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 20 July 2016 - 09:03 PM

Wow. Ok, logged in this evening to stretch out my legs and see how things are, and busted out some of my 2xUAC10 mechs.

Holy crap. While doubletapping has trigger ghost heat in the past if done too quickly, coupled with the UAC10 ghost heat increase (the absurdly high penalty) ... I could overheat firing 2xUAC10 twice. That's silly. It's 12 heat to doubletap; 24 heat to doubletap twice.

#14 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 20 July 2016 - 10:41 PM

Many thanks for the speedy fixies PGI but it's true the FPS hit on Viridian alone is bad !!

I haven't had an issue on any other map yet (I've upgraded to skylake which made a massive difference).

Please review the FPS for Viridian cause it's definitely had an impact, don't leave it till the next month's patching cycle.

#15 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 10:45 PM

I just had a frozen city match, no sounds or hud red flashes I indicating I was being hit in my Viper-D.

#16 M i s t y

• PipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 56 posts
  • LocationTamworth

Posted 20 July 2016 - 10:59 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 20 July 2016 - 06:15 PM, said:

On the archer, though I did not get a screen shot, the CT was there but leaning out the backside when the missile doors were opened Posted Image, like they were connected, I was laughing so hard I got myself killed...Posted Image

Like this , just the CT is leaning backward Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 Ninjah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 307 posts
  • LocationComstar Lounge

Posted 20 July 2016 - 11:27 PM

Thanks for the quick fix but you missed some texture issues on Sulfurous Rift, especially in D3 area, small slope just behind the gate (inside the base).

#18 PFC Carsten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 20 July 2016 - 11:33 PM

Two maintenance downtime and Hotfixes right after the patch? Seriously? Can you get something right please? Like, doing a beta test before the patch?

#19 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 21 July 2016 - 12:10 AM

Damn I was hoping the disco ball after each match was being moved to the side and made smaller, oh well

#20 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 12:16 AM

View PostPFC Carsten, on 20 July 2016 - 11:33 PM, said:

Two maintenance downtime and Hotfixes right after the patch? Seriously? Can you get something right please? Like, doing a beta test before the patch?

what are you talking about? We ARE the testers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users