To Russ. Regarding Your Use Of Twitter To Talk To The Mwo Community.

33 replies to this topic

Poll: What's your opinion about Russ's use of Twitter? (122 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Russ keep talking to us through Twitter.

1. Yes. He should use Twitter. (13 votes [10.66%])

Percentage of vote: 10.66%

2. No. He should use the MWO forums. (109 votes [89.34%])

Percentage of vote: 89.34%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Spleenslitta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 July 2016 - 10:18 AM

Why does Russ use Twitter to talk with the community? Why doesn't he talk here where we can all see what he has to say?

I heard about Russ's idea to put in an energy mechanic secondhand because i don't use Twitter.
If he talked about that kinda thing here i wouldn't have to hear it secondhand.

If no PGI staff responds to this i'll take it as a sign that you don't really give a damn and you rarelly or never read the forums.

#2 TheLuc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 746 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 10:24 AM

no one of pgi read or take notes, only the wallets are heard

#3 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 July 2016 - 10:27 AM

View PostTheLuc, on 21 July 2016 - 10:24 AM, said:

no one of pgi read or take notes, only the wallets are heard

That's what i fear. But what i don't understand is what kinda advantage makes it worth it to talk to us on Twitter rather than here.
I just don't understand. If anyone could give the slightest clue i would be sincerely gratefull.

#4 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 03:04 PM

Because most players don't actually use the forums. There's been sixty thousand or so players in quick matches since the quick leaderboard dropped, and maybe 1% of that might use the forums.

#5 Kynesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 21 July 2016 - 09:42 PM

They need a community manager, somebody to ensure clear and active communications with the player-base (and ensure that communications flow both ways), wherever they be.

#6 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 July 2016 - 10:35 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 21 July 2016 - 03:04 PM, said:

Because most players don't actually use the forums. There's been sixty thousand or so players in quick matches since the quick leaderboard dropped, and maybe 1% of that might use the forums.

Ok. But i still don't understand what the advantage there is to use Twitter. There cannot be more people hanging out in his Twitter room than here can it?

#7 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 July 2016 - 01:20 AM

View PostKynesis, on 21 July 2016 - 09:42 PM, said:

They need a community manager, somebody to ensure clear and active communications with the player-base (and ensure that communications flow both ways), wherever they be.

well...we sort of have one....

the one community manager that actively wrote on this forum (nico or niko? lubkiewi-something) just ruined himself by leaking too much stuff on reddit and wherever.

as far as i remember (which can obviously be wrong... my mind gets old, ya know) many things got burned hard on the forums even tho it was just a mild consideration that most of times got scrapped by PGI themselves even before it got leaked.

dont know if thats one of the reasons for PGI going silent here or why Tina doesnt write here much/not allowed to do that.
making friends with the players can backfire hard. PGI learned that from the previous community manager.

#8 Hotthedd

• The People's Hero
  • 3,213 posts
  • LocationDixie

Posted 22 July 2016 - 05:07 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 21 July 2016 - 03:04 PM, said:

...But everyone who DOES use the forums is at least a current or former MW:O player. Not so with Twitter.

#9 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 July 2016 - 07:50 AM

So those are the reasons. Thank you Alienized and Hotthedd.
I guess whenever we make a suggestion in the Feature Suggestion part of the forums we got to stir up enough trouble to make them notice.
In other words....Vote guys. Get your grandparents hooked on MW:O and make them vote too.

If you see something you want done here you keep that subject at the top of the Feature Suggestions part of the forums as long as you can.
If that doesn't work....get a buddy to smuggle Paul a big bottle of ancient scotch. Get that guy all happy drunk.

If that doesn't work either you gotta get some dirt on Russ and it better be something bigger than a ticket for parking illegaly.

Edited by Spleenslitta, 22 July 2016 - 07:51 AM.

#10 Darth Futuza

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 02:22 PM

Part of it might just be because it's less easier for Russ to hide or take back things he says on Twitter (harder to censor), so it makes him seem more trustworthy if he uses it rather then his own forums which could be censored. For real though, most probably, it's because he likes using Twitter.

Edited by Darth Futuza, 25 July 2016 - 09:27 AM.

#11 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 25 July 2016 - 04:59 AM

Vote 3 - he shouldn't communicate at all and keep this job to guys that might know their business (CM) (maybe)

#12 EvilCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 06:07 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 25 July 2016 - 04:59 AM, said:

Vote 3 - he shouldn't communicate at all and keep this job to guys that might know their business (CM) (maybe)

I vote for Elon Musk.

#13 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 July 2016 - 07:43 PM

There's no problem with him using Twitter, it's just the complete lack of any communication on the forum.

IMO, the ideal would be he splits his time for communication between the forum & Twitter.

#14 Darth Futuza

• 1,239 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 02:19 PM

View PostTheArisen, on 26 July 2016 - 07:43 PM, said:

There's no problem with him using Twitter, it's just the complete lack of any communication on the forum.

IMO, the ideal would be he splits his time for communication between the forum & Twitter.

Or just have a bot that copies all of his tweets from Twitter and puts it somewhere noticeable in the forums.

#15 Vahgus

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationThe other end of that ER PPC that just hit you.

Posted 18 August 2016 - 06:50 PM

For now I'm going to opt out of sharing my opinion on such a topic since it would be an understatement to say that they are not paying attention to the whole community. I could probably share my opinion accurately after a page or possibly more, but I won't for now. Suffice it to say it isn't dominated by positivity.

#16 ice trey

• 1,523 posts
  • LocationFukushima, Japan

Posted 16 September 2016 - 03:25 AM

Russ doesn't like the forums, neither does the rest of PGI. They say the forums are toxic, and have even gone as far as to kill the General Discussion subforum when they backed out of some promise or another. Can't remember if it was when they added coolant flushing, or if it was when they added third person.

Either way, as a games company, if the community on their forums turns out to be toxic, rather than treating it as gamers being a crappy bunch... maybe this is their "canary in the coal mine" that has long since decomposed.

#17 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,952 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 16 September 2016 - 03:49 AM

to many trolls on the forums

if he likes tweeter let him alone its the in thing

(I don't have a tweeter or face book account)

#18 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 05 October 2016 - 03:25 AM

Personally, I don't mind that he uses twitter, but I would like if he used more overall communication with the playerbase..

And I would also like if PGI staff (including Russ) played MWO more.. Right now, it seems to me like they don't get to play much, cose' they seem oblivious to what's going on..

Maybe a mandatory 1 hour playing spree at the beginning of the work day?

#19 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,456 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 October 2016 - 12:13 AM

Easy answer is ease of use, i'd say.
While Twitter is a single "post" which everyone can use on the phone while on the way or before your breakfast... looking into the forum with thousands of posts in hundreds of different sections is a huge difference.

Even if we only use a single post/section for Dev Feedback, it's still easier to use twitter because of mobile phone integration and such.

I always liked these posts where the Devs replied a ton of questions and would love to see them more active here.

#20 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,269 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 06 October 2016 - 01:42 AM

View PostSpleenslitta, on 21 July 2016 - 10:18 AM, said:

Why does Russ use Twitter to talk with the community? Why doesn't he talk here where we can all see what he has to say?

I heard about Russ's idea to put in an energy mechanic secondhand because i don't use Twitter.
If he talked about that kinda thing here i wouldn't have to hear it secondhand.

If no PGI staff responds to this i'll take it as a sign that you don't really give a damn and you rarelly or never read the forums.

Because there he has an ignore button and can "remove" critical comments.

Just read the comments on twitter its all shiny and jippieyayyea.

There he can announce " a smaler but unexpected piece of content" (the Clan Heros)...
Mechs are still not to be regarded as content in MWO neither are maps.
UI, Maps, Mechs....those are the framework of the game content is what you can do with those things....and honestly the last content we got was CW3, Decals and several smaler quality of life improvements.

Edited by The Basilisk, 06 October 2016 - 01:45 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users