Connecting Time Unnaceptably Increased In Time

61 replies to this topic

#1 Jabilo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 02:51 AM

This has been discussed and agreed upon widely in General, but cannot seem to see anyone has yet raised it here?

SInce the patch the time to save mechs has decreased, but the time to connect on first starting the game or after each match has increased.

The time was already very long and it is now noticeably and distractingly longer.

Like saving of mechs, this is likely to be affecting trhose of us with many mechs more than others.

For myself I almost have time to get a cup of tea!

Many thanks

#2 Colonel ONeill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 662 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 July 2016 - 03:07 AM

YES, this is a major issue in my opinion. I would really like a HotFix if that is possible.

My connection time went up by at least 20 seconds.

#3 BattleBunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 541 posts
  • LocationWarren

Posted 24 July 2016 - 03:26 AM

The faster saving of mechs is not an improvement because of this. I play way more games compared to my number of mechlab visits so my average wait time is now a lot longer.

#4 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 24 July 2016 - 03:33 AM

View PostBattleBunny, on 24 July 2016 - 03:26 AM, said:

The faster saving of mechs is not an improvement because of this. I play way more games compared to my number of mechlab visits so my average wait time is now a lot longer.

^ This.

#5 Ataboy

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 July 2016 - 04:37 AM

My "Connecting" time after a match is definitely much longer now.

#6 Pelanistra

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 24 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 24 July 2016 - 05:58 AM

Wait to get in game. Wait to get out of the game.75% of my time in this game is spent waiting. Not playing.

#7 Featherwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 06:26 AM

I sign under everything said above. Latest patch made it even worse, I have now to wait no less than 20-30 seconds every time while loading match, exiting match, plus waiting during that idiotic 'press doing nothing READY button' procedure.

That's unacceptable, I'd appreciate if you (PGI) would address this issue ASAP.

#8 Piad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 123 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 24 July 2016 - 06:54 AM

+1
mech waiting warrior

#9 Product9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 229 posts
  • LocationDenial

Posted 24 July 2016 - 07:05 AM

Noticed this as well. Connecting times have always been a lot longer when injecting stuff to accounts in my experience, so does this have something to do with the supply caches?

For the record the connecting times are longer even if no supply cache was given.

#10 ET Penang

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 84 posts
  • LocationPenang: near Char Koay Teow, Nasi Lemak & Chandoi stalls

Posted 24 July 2016 - 07:08 AM

The new long "connecting" time after each match really anger me....Posted Image

#11 Brawler1986

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 09:32 AM

Not only this, but the whole game feels laggy. Ingame i have a fps drop of atleast 15 frames, and connecting takes longer for sure. Again, this is a sign for me that the devs are incappable for fixing architectural issues... The reason is mainly i think due the decals which are introduced. It adds additional texture layers which are increasing the rendering times.

Edited by Brawler1986, 24 July 2016 - 09:42 AM.

#12 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 10:03 AM

Truth is, neither should take too long. There's no reason to update or reload the entire mech library all the time. It should be trivial to only check the mechs used (i.e. whatever you're trying to drop in) or changed (as with the improved saving method).

#13 HadleyHope

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 26 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 24 July 2016 - 12:06 PM

It would be nice to have a PGI response to this. The extended connecting times are not acceptable, did this not come up on patch testing. If either supply cache or the improved mech saving times are responsible, please back them out. The delay between finishing a match and returning to the home screen is far to long.

#14 Colonel ONeill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 662 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 July 2016 - 01:08 PM

View PostHadleyHope, on 24 July 2016 - 12:06 PM, said:

It would be nice to have a PGI response to this. The extended connecting times are not acceptable, did this not come up on patch testing. If either supply cache or the improved mech saving times are responsible, please back them out. The delay between finishing a match and returning to the home screen is far to long.

It does not happen to everybody. It might be that PGI did not get this issue. It could have something to do with customized mechs, but that is just a guess.
A response would be great tho, maybe just a "we are looking into it!".

#15 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 24 July 2016 - 03:21 PM

Yeah the increased wait times are much more annoying than the save times ever were.

View PostColonel ONeill, on 24 July 2016 - 01:08 PM, said:

It does not happen to everybody. It might be that PGI did not get this issue. It could have something to do with customized mechs, but that is just a guess.
A response would be great tho, maybe just a "we are looking into it!".
And this does appear to be the case where its only affecting some people

#16 Esarai

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 81 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 03:30 PM

I am not sure if this is related, but I have noticed my ping to all servers has gone up. Usually, I hover at ~75 ms to NA, ~140 to EU and ~210 to Oceanic. Take a look at today's pings:
Posted Image

I used speedtest.net to check ping to other West Coast servers, and they all come in at ~55 ms. This might be server-side.

#17 Hit Mech

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 58 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 04:05 PM

+1...Looks like, once again, PGI has taken something no one complained about and "improved" it, and at the same time took something they could have made better and made it much worst. How can PGI be so out of touch with the player base and think this was ok to push out? There's a post under the 'General Discussion' section asking if PGI is starting to get there **** together. Stuff like this tells me no and to keep my whale wallet closed. Typical 1 step forward, 2 steps back. PGI, please learn how to do quality control on your patches. I would much rather give you my money instead of spending it on bag after bag of salt. Posted Image

#18 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 24 July 2016 - 05:35 PM

Am I the only one not having this issue? My connecting times are pretty much the same as they were before the patch.

Edited by Mole, 24 July 2016 - 05:35 PM.

#19 Peter2k

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 July 2016 - 07:42 PM

Saving time changing a load out or getting a module out is nice

But for me, and as it seems for a lot of others, the connection time is way up

Half the time "playing" MWO is actually waiting now, or well feels that way
But then
Conecting takes like 30 seconds, loading a level, waiting for other players for 60 seconds
Getting out of match, loading again like 30 seconds

Hmm close to 3 minutes maybe, waiting for something to actually happen
Not included wait times to find a match, or dear God waiting in FP/CW

Edited by Peter2k, 24 July 2016 - 11:19 PM.

#20 lkraider

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 08:41 PM

Connecting time after a game takes too long, I usually tab out to read some news until it's done loading.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users