3 replies to this topic

#1 Hunka Junk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 968 posts
  • LocationDrok's Forge

Posted 24 July 2016 - 04:40 PM

So I'm shopping for one more griffin. I have the Sparky and the 2N, and I know that the 3M is very popular.

Then comes the sticker shock:

The 3M is 8.3 million compared to the 1N and the 1S at 4.7 and 4.5 million.

I am correct that the mechs in the store are based on the price of their components, right? IOW, the price of the 3M isn't simply higher because of demand or some other wacky element?

I've seen people predict future store prices of newly released mechs, but I have no idea how they do it. So, that's my question:

What's the formula for calculating the sticker price of a mech?

#2 SpiralFace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 24 July 2016 - 04:49 PM

Pretty much.

Most IS mechs are models from a time when more advanced tech wasn't available to them in the Lore.

As a result, most of the IS mechs require that you purchase them at a low value, but then have to "upgrade" their tech to be the most efficient. (adding double heat sinks / endo steel, and adding XL engines are the big ones.)

The 3M is expensive mostly because it comes with Double heatsinks and an XL 275 engine pre-installed.

Its the same reason clan's are "more expensive." They come with all their upgrades in tact, so they are expensive to buy, but cheap to modify.

In the end, everything level's out to around the same price once you account for the upgrades you need to put into your mechs. But when you are just starting, it is strange to see some valued higher then others.

#3 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 24 July 2016 - 04:50 PM

Does it come with XL, Endo, Ferro, Artemis or Dbl heat sinks etc etc?
Those things quick drive the price up.
The worst part is when they are not optimal for the chasis.

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 05:11 PM

View PostHunka Junk, on 24 July 2016 - 04:40 PM, said:

So I'm shopping for one more griffin. I have the Sparky and the 2N, and I know that the 3M is very popular.

Then comes the sticker shock:

The 3M is 8.3 million compared to the 1N and the 1S at 4.7 and 4.5 million.

I am correct that the mechs in the store are based on the price of their components, right? IOW, the price of the 3M isn't simply higher because of demand or some other wacky element?

I've seen people predict future store prices of newly released mechs, but I have no idea how they do it. So, that's my question:

What's the formula for calculating the sticker price of a mech?

Correct, though it isn't entirely based on the "market" price of their components... i.e. you'll get a 6 million cbill engine for maybe 5/8ths its MWO market price if it comes with a mech, so -wise the best deal is the Griffin 3M.

If not for MWO's "market" price changes... XL engines for smaller mechs would be a boat load cheaper, i.e. a 6 million engine for a 50 tonner would be less than half that for a 25 tonner... You just wouldn't be able to use that 25 tonner's XL engine on the 50 tonner in Battletech (you're not supposed to that is). That said, the price difference in an Atlas K in Battletech between its stock XL 300 engine and a STD 300 engine without changing anything else (just to get the price difference), is a savings of 12 million on what is a 22,576,000 Mech. MWO's price on it is 13,691,066 .

The formula MWO uses... I've seen it a few times but it was far too complicated to commit to memory. None of the prices are identical to the "market" prices (i.e. the mechlab prices). Anything bought in the mechlab to customize the mech is more expensive than the "Comes stock with the mech" prices.

Anything you get with the mech is at a discount compared to bought straight.

Edited by Koniving, 24 July 2016 - 05:13 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users