More Variety In Fp/cw

4 replies to this topic

Poll: Faction Play (7 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to have all game modes?

1. Yes (5 votes [71.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 71.43%

2. No (1 votes [14.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

3. I have a different idea (1 votes [14.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 EvilCow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 03:23 AM

One of the problems of Faction Play is the limited selection of maps and mission types.

I propose a very simple change: allow all game modes in FP by adding the 4 mechs in the dropship. Considering that all maps are being modified to allow dropships this should be feasible.

Skirmish: Just like the normal skirmish but you have 4 mechs.
Assault: I wait to see the new assault flavour but I imagine it could be used in waves mode, 2 times you attack, 2 times you defend. Or, maybe, you simply have 4 spawns in order to complete the objective.
Conquest: Similar to the current one but with 4 mechs and 3000 resources to be collected. Respawns would make the "control" part more important.
Domination: A longer massacre for an important objective. Trying to cut respawners from reaching the objective would be worth trying.

In general, allowing all maps and modes in FP would greatly enhance variety which is, frankly, the biggest problem there.

Personally I would play it a much more if all game modes were available.

#2 Hotthedd

• The People's Hero
  • 3,213 posts
  • LocationDixie

Posted 26 July 2016 - 02:47 PM

View PostEvilCow, on 25 July 2016 - 03:23 AM, said:

One of the problems of Faction Play is the limited selection of maps and mission types.

I propose a very simple change: allow all game modes in FP by adding the 4 mechs in the dropship. Considering that all maps are being modified to allow dropships this should be feasible.

Skirmish: Just like the normal skirmish but you have 4 mechs.
Assault: I wait to see the new assault flavour but I imagine it could be used in waves mode, 2 times you attack, 2 times you defend. Or, maybe, you simply have 4 spawns in order to complete the objective.
Conquest: Similar to the current one but with 4 mechs and 3000 resources to be collected. Respawns would make the "control" part more important.
Domination: A longer massacre for an important objective. Trying to cut respawners from reaching the objective would be worth trying.

In general, allowing all maps and modes in FP would greatly enhance variety which is, frankly, the biggest problem there.

Personally I would play it a much more if all game modes were available.

So every possible game has re-spawns?

If so, I'm out.

#3 Seddrik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 247 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 10:55 AM

Not everyone has 30-40 minutes to play one round. *shrug*

Elsewhere I suggested (for QuickDrops) changing the spawn points around EACH time.

Smaller maps have 4 spawn points and larger could have several more. Each drop one team would be on spawn a random spawn with team two on one of the the remaining points. Scouting would be more valuable, because now that team that is always at a certain point... may be to the left or right instead. These maps that always have fights on the same locations... would be in different areas now.

Don't know if this would be applicable to the FW drops as you mentioned. Just my idea.

Also, bring back some of the classic maps like old Frozen City. Was a great brawling map. New Frozen City is just way too open...

Edited by Seddrik, 30 July 2016 - 10:59 AM.

#4 Vincent Quatermain

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • 193 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 11:10 AM

View PostHotthedd, on 26 July 2016 - 02:47 PM, said:

So every possible game has re-spawns?

If so, I'm out.

OK, but the OP is suggesting adding QP maps to FP with respawns sometimes added. Standard QP would still have one mech only. What exactly is your objection?

#5 Hotthedd

• The People's Hero
  • 3,213 posts
  • LocationDixie

Posted 30 July 2016 - 11:18 AM

View PostVincent Quatermain, on 30 July 2016 - 11:10 AM, said:

OK, but the OP is suggesting adding QP maps to FP with respawns sometimes added. Standard QP would still have one mech only. What exactly is your objection?

My objection?
Re-spawns as a mechanic. It dumbs the game down. Limited re-spawns with different 'mechs is okay, but that excludes new players.
I am not on an island in thinking this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users