- - - - -

A Question About Stat Tracking.

16 replies to this topic

#1 OrbitalDK

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 26 July 2016 - 05:34 AM

How are assists counted in the match? Is it over a certain amount of damage done? Is there any plan to show deeper stats tracking on our stats page to eventually account for roles instead of just k/d?

I'm running a rifleman, usually do tons of damage, but don't stick around in the furballs so I don't get too many kills.

And it's not that i'm hung up on k/d, but it would be nice if it tracked averages of these other stats over time. If not then I'm gonna start taking screenies and tracking it myself.

Long story short it would be nice to quantify what the mech is doing, since they obviusly already tally this stuff.

#2 mailin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 26 July 2016 - 06:20 AM

If you graze an enemy and it dies by someone else, it's an assist.

#3 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 26 July 2016 - 06:48 AM

As far as showing deeper stats goes, who knows.

#4 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 07:09 AM

You get

Assist: you damaged that mech in any way.
Killing blow: you killed that mech in any way.
Kill most damage dealt: the majority of damage was dealt by you.
Solo kill: same as kill most damage dealt but you got the killing blow as well.

Edited by Toha Heavy Industries, 26 July 2016 - 08:07 AM.

#5 SlightlyMobileTurret

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Lance Corporal
  • 718 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 07:18 AM

Solo kill is actually Kill+KMDD, not "did not get shot at by friendlies".

It just means it was almost entirely your kill (you put in the hard work or too many LRMS and got the kill to go with it)

#6 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 07:20 AM

View PostKeshav Murali, on 26 July 2016 - 07:18 AM, said:

Solo kill is actually Kill+KMDD, not "did not get shot at by friendlies".

It just means it was almost entirely your kill (you put in the hard work or too many LRMS and got the kill to go with it)

ah, i thought it literally would meant "solo". I changed it, thanks.

#7 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 07:45 AM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 26 July 2016 - 07:09 AM, said:

Kill most damage dealt: the majority of damage was dealt by you (someone else killed it).

For Kill Most Damage Dealt, it doesn't matter who killed it (including yourself), you did the most damage to that kill. (Still gets a kill ticker if you got the kill.) I've gotten kill most damage dealt with zero kill assists before, meaning no one else killed it but me. So regardless of who kills the enemy, being awarded Kill Most Damage Dealt means I did the most damage.

Solo Kill means you did 90% or more of the damage needed to make that kill. In other words, enough so that someone 'could' say no one helped you get the kill (if that someone were so arrogant). I get this pretty often when I isolate an enemy from their flank and then charge head-on into them.

Kill most damage dealt and Solo Kill give some of the best payouts. Both also still tick 'Kills' so there's also the extra pay.

Edited by Koniving, 26 July 2016 - 08:41 AM.

#8 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 08:01 AM

View PostKoniving, on 26 July 2016 - 07:45 AM, said:

Solo Kill means you did 90% or more of the damage needed to make that kill. I get this pretty often when I isolate an enemy from their flank and then charge head-on into them.

Damage doesn't have to be related to the kill, for example, if i shoot a mech to pieces, but leave him still running and gunning, while someone else takes him out with a single well placed backshoot, i will still get the kill most damage dealt.
Even tho i did not help killing it effectively.

Edited by Toha Heavy Industries, 26 July 2016 - 08:01 AM.

#9 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 08:19 AM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 26 July 2016 - 08:01 AM, said:

Damage doesn't have to be related to the kill, for example, if i shoot a mech to pieces, but leave him still running and gunning, while someone else takes him out with a single well placed backshoot, i will still get the kill most damage dealt.
Even tho i did not help killing it effectively.

T'was the point, for "Kill Most Damage Dealt".

The Solo Kill you quoted me on does require you to make the kill, however. 90% or more of the damage also must be dealt from you for it to count as a solo kill.

#10 kyfire

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 90 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 08:58 AM

Personally, I have to seriously question the stats that PGI shows. For instance, my Mech Stats show that I have Played 15 matches in an Orion ON1-K, this is correct. But continuing across it says I had 52 deaths! Yup, I died 52 times in 15 matchs. Further over it says I've spent 24.855 days playing this mech. Lets see, that works out to 68 years!

Edited by kyfire, 26 July 2016 - 10:01 AM.

#11 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 09:51 AM

View PostKoniving, on 26 July 2016 - 08:19 AM, said:

T'was the point, for "Kill Most Damage Dealt".

The Solo Kill you quoted me on does require you to make the kill, however. 90% or more of the damage also must be dealt from you for it to count as a solo kill.

Arggh, yes.. no.. what i meant was, you won't get the solo kill, even though you did killed the mech solo (by a backshot for example. as long as anyone sprayed enough damage over the mech (even tho the danage sprayed had effectively nothing to do with the kill).

Example would be i chew through an atlas' leg armor and you kill it with a headshot later on.
That would be one assist + kill most damage dealt for me and a single kill for you, disregarding that you actually killed the mech "solo".

#12 OrbitalDK

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 26 July 2016 - 10:01 AM

huh, i though the kill count was tallied solely by the scores on the scoring screen at the end of the mission. So you can have two people get credit for a kill? The actual killer and the person who happens to deal the most damage? so we end up with more net kills in a match then say the 12 enemies dropped?

#13 OrbitalDK

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 26 July 2016 - 10:13 AM

Or is it just a score/payout tally and only the actual kill shot get credit?

#14 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 26 July 2016 - 10:27 AM

I have seen incorrect definitions for kill **** damage and solo kill, kill most damage is for doing more damage to a Mech than anyone else on tour team, it is literaly possible to get kill most damage with 10% of the total damage if another 10 players do 9% each.

Solo kill is kill most damage and killing blow.

I have finished a match with 0 damage and a killing blow before, I walked around a corner opened up on a Mech the whole team was focus firing, got the kill with less than 1 point of damage and immediately went down to, I assume, a dual AC20 Jagermech with myself in a Spider because my damage readout only showed damaged by AC20 and there was a Jagermech nearby.

#15 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 10:29 AM

View PostOrbitalDK, on 26 July 2016 - 10:13 AM, said:

Or is it just a score/payout tally and only the actual kill shot get credit?

On the scoreboard, you will never see more then 12 kills together. likewise, no more then 12 assists per person.

At the end of the matchscreen however, you will only see your kills and assists,
You can't have a "solo kill" without a "kill" or a "kill most damage dealt" without an "assist".

#16 OrbitalDK

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 26 July 2016 - 10:32 AM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 26 July 2016 - 10:29 AM, said:

On the scoreboard, you will never see more then 12 kills together. likewise, no more then 12 assists per person.

At the end of the matchscreen however, you will only see your kills and assists,
You can't have a "solo kill" without a "kill" or a "kill most damage dealt" without an "assist".

Okay, i get it now.

#17 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 10:35 AM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 26 July 2016 - 10:27 AM, said:

I have finished a match with 0 damage and a killing blow before

Also happens with laser ticks, had at couple of games where i did below 0,5 damage (the scoreboard will show 0) and got the kill (secured).

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 26 July 2016 - 10:29 AM, said:

or a "kill most damage dealt" without an "assist".

Actually, don't nail me down on that. I am unsure what happens if a mech blows up by himself when only you but no friendly shoot him. I think i will count as an assist + most damage dealt, tho.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users