Stockpile With Mc

178 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 02:45 PM

STOCKPILE WITH MC PURCHASE

Starts: July 27th at 12:01 AM PDT (July 27th, 7:01 AM UTC)
Ends: August 1st at 12:01 AM PDT (Aug 1st, 7:01 AM UTC)

When you buy an MC package you will receive additional content!

Spend

Get

Additional content!

$99.95 USD

25,000 MC

12 Mech Bays, 38 Supply Caches, and 38 Supply Cache Keys

$49.95 USD

12,000 MC

6 Mech Bays, 16 Supply Caches, and 16 Supply Cache Keys

$29.95 USD

6,500 MC

3 Mech Bays, 8 Supply Caches, and 8 Supply Cache Keys

$14.95 USD

3,000 MC

1 Mech Bay, 5 Supply Caches, and 5 Supply Cache Keys

$6.95 USD

4 Supply Caches and 4 Supply Cache Keys

Conditions

• Each MC tier only provides you with its associated additional content. Purchasing the highest MC tier does not provide you with any Reward items from lower tiers, for example.
  • There is no limit to how many times you can qualify. You can purchase multiple instances of the $6.95 MC tier to receive multiple instances of the associated additional content, for example.
  • Additional content associated with your purchase tier cannot be switched with another item.
  • Additional content will be injected into eligible accounts upon the hour following a completed transaction (if the MC is purchased at 6:15 PM PDT the additional content will arrive at 7:00 PM PDT, for example).
  • MC is injected immediately once the transaction has been processed.

#2 YakkSlapper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 175 posts
  • Locationoregon city

Posted 26 July 2016 - 02:59 PM

yah,,,, no.

#3 Omaha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 559 posts
  • LocationAnywhere

Posted 26 July 2016 - 03:02 PM

Pretty good value there I thinks guys. If I wasn't broke (well feeding my son) I would deff take advantage. What can I say I'm a gambler lol.

Edited by Omaha, 26 July 2016 - 03:03 PM.

#4 TheLuc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 746 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 03:08 PM

Wallet is closed, the game is called Mechwarrior online, not Solaris7 online.

PGI make a Mechwarrior game instead of an arena shooter, then I MIGHT reconsider.

#5 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 03:12 PM

So they give away mechbays with the MC and supply caches with the MC and people STILL MOAN AND COMPLAIN...

#6 YourSaviorLegion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 418 posts
  • LocationSpace The Final Frontier

Posted 26 July 2016 - 03:15 PM

Just bought MC a couple of days ago...

#7 Onuris

Rookie

• The Ironclad
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 03:22 PM

<sigh> of course I only just bought MC a few hours agoPosted Image

#8 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 03:22 PM

View PostYourSaviorLegion, on 26 July 2016 - 03:15 PM, said:

Just bought MC a couple of days ago...

That's the nature with life and sales... you shouldn't ever hold off doing something because of what might happen in the future. You only have so much existence and you don't get a do-over like a video game.

#9 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 26 July 2016 - 03:26 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 26 July 2016 - 03:12 PM, said:

So they give away mechbays with the MC and supply caches with the MC and people STILL MOAN AND COMPLAIN...

True, this is essentialy the Mechbay sale that people have been whining for since the dawn of MWO and people are still finding reasons to complain about it!

#10 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 03:29 PM

Hmm... mathematically speaking, taking into account the MC saved on cache keys, which is best to buy during the event? I'm thinking multiples of $14.95 or 29.95. If you were to spend THAT much on this game.

Edited by cazidin, 26 July 2016 - 03:29 PM.

#11 Toxicresidue

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 80 posts
  • Locationcorpus christi texas

Posted 26 July 2016 - 03:33 PM

naa man the supply caches are a poking waiting to happen. thank you but no.

#12 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 03:39 PM

The $99.95 gives you the most MC value (direct and bonus). 14.95 times six ($89.70) would give you only 18,000MC, 30 caches and six bays. You should always get the biggest single amount you can afford, not buy multiples of smaller amounts. Also bear in mind, in a month the Cyclops arrives and if PGI repeats the pattern of the viper release, they'll be an assaults leaderboard event and assault sale the week prior to the patch.

#13 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 03:42 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 26 July 2016 - 03:39 PM, said:

The $99.95 gives you the most MC value (direct and bonus). 14.95 times six ($89.70) would give you only 18,000MC, 30 caches and six bays. You should always get the biggest single amount you can afford, not buy multiples of smaller amounts. Also bear in mind, in a month the Cyclops arrives and if PGI repeats the pattern of the viper release, they'll be an assaults leaderboard event and assault sale the week prior to the patch.

"We never repeat patterns!"

*Matt looks over shoulder for Dee Eight Spying on him

#14 nobodyOOGN

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 03:48 PM

... So why spend? Haven't we been throwing money at this beta for years? They still haven't demonstrated a remote idea of how to put the money to good use. We see reworks of the UI, new mechs, re-worked maps, but that's essentially re-skinning the same lame game modes, poorly balanced underlying mechanics, and completely non-functional faction warfare. All neatly contained within a game caught awkwardly between a mech sim and an FPS.

There's a ton of potential here but PGI's management team doesn't understand how to work it and are completely tone-deaf with their ongoing microtransactional cash grabs and poor use of their team to do anything useful. I'd have thought that even if sentiment and ideas put forth on the boards weren't guidance enough, that the hard stats about their dwindling user base and poorly populated faction warfare would have put them on notice that concerted improvement to the underlying tenets of the gameplay are needed, not cute cosmetic upgrades that nobody asked for.

Too bad, I like a lot of elements of the engine and I think with a bit of imagination on game play and balance this could be a very cool multi-player game, PVE game, or single-player campaign. All the nuts and bolts feel like they're there... Just need to figure out how to use the tool they've got...

Best of luck, I'll be happy to spend again when I see this thing headed in a positive direction! : )

#15 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 03:55 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 26 July 2016 - 03:26 PM, said:

True, this is essentialy the Mechbay sale that people have been whining for since the dawn of MWO and people are still finding reasons to complain about it!

Same thing happened with previous MC sales events. Either the ones where you get 20% more MC which if only the bonus is put to mech bays, on the $99 level you get 16 bays. Or the ones where they offer bonus items, which at the higher prices were champion mechs with mech bays, or mech mastery bundles. Which if you already had those premium mechs, you could always sell them and have Cbills and empty bays. The bundles of course came with premium time too.

View PostMatt Newman, on 26 July 2016 - 03:42 PM, said:

"We never repeat patterns!"

*Matt looks over shoulder for Dee Eight Spying on him

Ohhhh I need to put that quote into a signature file...

View PostnobodyOOGN, on 26 July 2016 - 03:48 PM, said:

... So why spend?

Well besides keeping the game running, eventually they will need to update the cryengine version they operate it on, and that's going to require complete re-coding but will solve a host of longstanding problems.

Edited by Dee Eight, 26 July 2016 - 03:59 PM.

#16 Jagar Santovenia

• Pip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 03:55 PM

I'm going to spend the 100.00. I'm going to do it, because it's a good deal, because there's no other game like this on the market, and because this game provides my time limited life with some very valuable amusement.

On a sad side note. I agree that this game could be so much more than it is currently.

#17 Intranetusa

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 04:00 PM

View PostOmaha, on 26 July 2016 - 03:02 PM, said:

Pretty good value there I thinks guys. If I wasn't broke (well feeding my son) I would deff take advantage. What can I say I'm a gambler lol.

I would pay the full price of $60 for a good game. However, I hate F2P games like this that nickle and dime you to death and force you to spend hundreds of dollars to unlock features if you don't want to spend years grinding like an MMORPG.

View PostJagar Santovenia, on 26 July 2016 - 03:55 PM, said:

I'm going to spend the 100.00. I'm going to do it, because it's a good deal, because there's no other game like this on the market, and because this game provides my time limited life with some very valuable amusement.

On a sad side note. I agree that this game could be so much more than it is currently.

Actually there is, or used to be. Mechwarrior Living Legends mod for Crysis 1.

That mod game had mechs, elemental power armor, tanks, hovercrafts, bombers, VTOL aircraft, fighters, etc. It was much more fun and had more diverse maps than this game. So a FREE mod was better than this Pay2Win game. The only problem is this game caused the servers for that game to dry up when this first came out.

Fan Trailer:

Here is a video of a dogfight between fighter jets:

Standard mech and elemental combat:

Edited by Intranetusa, 26 July 2016 - 04:07 PM.

#18 Aethermech

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 117 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 04:06 PM

The sad fact of life, especially with MMO games, there will always be whales, there will always be players, and there will always be salty trolls. Try not to be too much of any and you're good. On a positive note this is indeed the mech bay sale everyone has been clamoring for and you can scratch that gambling itch if you like. Seems good enough to me, I'm in for atlest $100, maybe as much as $150.

#19 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 04:18 PM

*puts on his whale costume*

#20 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts