#21 Sonny Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 445 posts
  • LocationThe Motion Lounge

Posted 26 July 2016 - 04:32 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 26 July 2016 - 03:12 PM, said:

So they give away mechbays with the MC and supply caches with the MC and people STILL MOAN AND COMPLAIN...

Murphy's 4th law states "No Matter How Hard You Try to Please Everyone...Someone's Not Gonna Like It."

#22 KodiakGW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 26 July 2016 - 04:32 PM

I'd probably buy, if I knew what was the percent chance to win each individual item in those Supply Caches.

Not interested if it is not even chance across the eight items and hidden from us.

#23 Threee

Rookie

• CS 2023 Top 25 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 25 Qualifier
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 04:37 PM

Hmm, dont know if this is just me, or what, but i bought both a 30$ pack and a 15$ pack (the 30$ pack at 7:25pm est. and the 15$ pack at 7:57pm est) and i have still not received the bonus's. i saw that its supposed to come every hour on the hour, but its currently 8:36pm my time, and still no supply cashes. if someone could please fix asap, that would be epic, thanks.

*edit: i did receive the mc, figured i should clarify that part*

Edited by SityViper13123, 26 July 2016 - 04:37 PM.

#24 Stormbringer13

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 04:43 PM

How about just a plain and simple Mech Bay sale?
It might make me play FW/CW more often if I can expand my dropdeck a bit more.

#25 Duncan1dah0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 375 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 26 July 2016 - 04:49 PM

I'm happy with this sale. Now with the decals I'm scraping the bottom of my stockpile. I like the mech bays and caches. With both of those this new purchase could hold me for a while.

#26 Stern Defiance IV-theta

• Pip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 04:51 PM

I kinda like this sale, i did however purchase 25k MCs a few days ago but that wont stop me... OTOH, 12 mech bays and no mechs to fill it, what could i possibly fill it with? lol.

#27 M i s t y

• PipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 56 posts
  • LocationTamworth

Posted 26 July 2016 - 04:52 PM

Sorry but the Supply Caches are a waste of time and money . If they had an equal chance of getting what is inside then they may be Ok . Supply Caches are just like the Trick or Treat event they have every year and they are free to open .

#28 thornduck

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 04:57 PM

View PostSityViper13123, on 26 July 2016 - 04:37 PM, said:

Hmm, dont know if this is just me, or what, but i bought both a 30$ pack and a 15$ pack (the 30$ pack at 7:25pm est. and the 15$ pack at 7:57pm est) and i have still not received the bonus's. i saw that its supposed to come every hour on the hour, but its currently 8:36pm my time, and still no supply cashes. if someone could please fix asap, that would be epic, thanks.

Based on what the post says, it starts in a little over 6 hours from now.

#29 No One Lives Forever

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 201 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 05:02 PM

View Postthornduck, on 26 July 2016 - 04:57 PM, said:

Based on what the post says, it starts in a little over 6 hours from now.

Oh, snap..

#30 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 05:02 PM

The more I thought about it, the more I realised it is less about how I dislike the gambling aspect of supply caches and more about how I have around 5/6 empty mechbays, over 200 mechs, prox 1,170mc from giveaways and roughly 218 million c-bills sitting in the bank. Not to mention the stockpile of between ~2/4 of each weapon type in my inventory..

Posted Image

#31 Avi8tor

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 23 posts
  • LocationVancouver Washington

Posted 26 July 2016 - 05:04 PM

I wish PGI put as much effort, or at least visible effort, into making the game better as they do trying to make money grabs.... I mean come on...they break something with every patch, fix hardly anything in a timely fashion and crank out $20 mech packs every few weeks.....Oh...then screw them up and "Tweak" them soon as the money stops pouring in so the "NOOBS" don't get their feelings hurt....

I don't expect it to be free, but my gosh, One could go buy a $79 game and a $9.99 monthly subscription and have ten times the game.....So why does PGI feel the need to try and sell me $50 of crap every month??????? I try to be supportive, but I would expect a FLAWLESS game for that kind of money and this one is FAR from it.... it's utterly pathetic and just drives people away.... Like me for over a year and a half......back two months and it's already a load of crap again......

Edited by Avi8tor, 26 July 2016 - 05:07 PM.

#32 Ironically Ironclad Irony

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • 192 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 05:18 PM

I would feel a whole lot better about this sale if I hand't just bought 2 keys and received an srm6 from each cache...

#33 xX PUG Xx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 26 July 2016 - 05:21 PM

Just to put this back on topic and highlight that not everyone has everything, here is some quick mental arithmatic.

$99.99 for 25,000 MC + 950 MC (keys) + 3600 MC (Mechbays) + Supply Caches which can be sold for CBills. So you're getting roughly $18-20 dollars of extras, plus some items you can either gamble on or sell for a CBill boost.

Although I don't intend to purchase it myself, this seems like a decent deal, the lower tier deals may be ideal for newer players looking to fillout a drop deck for FP. Just a thought.

#34 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 05:26 PM

View PostKodiakGW, on 26 July 2016 - 04:32 PM, said:

I'd probably buy, if I knew what was the percent chance to win each individual item in those Supply Caches.

Not interested if it is not even chance across the eight items and hidden from us.

Its the same odds as a scratch ticket from your state/provincial lottery. Mechs are the grand prize. They are definitely not 1 in 8 for each prize.

You didn't bother to read the START TIME did you?

12 midnight PACIFIC TIME today... that's not for another 5 hours and 4 minutes.

#35 CycKath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,575 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 26 July 2016 - 05:51 PM

View PostStormbringer13, on 26 July 2016 - 04:43 PM, said:

How about just a plain and simple Mech Bay sale?
It might make me play FW/CW more often if I can expand my dropdeck a bit more.

Wait for Christmas. As other have suggested this basically the bonus MC sale with Mech Bays instead. Save the MC for Christmas/Boxing Day sales.

#36 4EVR

• PipPipPip
  • The Icon
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 06:02 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 26 July 2016 - 05:26 PM, said:

Its the same odds as a scratch ticket from your state/provincial lottery. Mechs are the grand prize. They are definitely not 1 in 8 for each prize.

With the difference that lotteries publish their odds and determine winners transparently. The only thing we know for certain about supply caches is that winning anything of value is extremely unlikely. So for this offer, only factor in the extra mech bays. Still better than nothing, right? Posted Image

Edited by 4EVR, 26 July 2016 - 06:04 PM.

#37 Kaveli

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 69 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 06:07 PM

I appreciate the sale and integration of the supply caches with it. However, myself and perhaps many others are sitting on a decent pile of mc already waiting for the much needed 50% off mech bay sale. Would love to see a 35%-50% off module sale too. I know it's most likely more profitable to have money sales but we'd all appreciate mc/cbill items sales.

#38 leony

• PipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 64 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 26 July 2016 - 06:10 PM

I would like to have again weapons like clan large heavy laser, IS assault laser, MRMs, and thunderbolt misiles Posted Image
Please!!!

#39 KodiakGW

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 26 July 2016 - 06:12 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 26 July 2016 - 05:26 PM, said:

Still would like to know the percent chance to win for every item. You would be more inclined to buy a lottery ticket if you knew you had a one in three chance to break even. Right now, we have no idea. Some may have 3-4 desired items besides a mech. A cockpit item I would like, more keys, more MC. I have not opened the three I got this weekend yet. If all the crap items have 15-40% chance to win, while the desired items are 2.5-5%, then I sell those three for CBills and not buy anything this sale. Odds could be better, but we don't know.

It would be in their best interest to be up front with the chances to win each item in the ones you get, as this is producing a lot of salt in the player base.

#40 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 06:13 PM

View PostKaveli, on 26 July 2016 - 06:07 PM, said:

I appreciate the sale and integration of the supply caches with it. However, myself and perhaps many others are sitting on a decent pile of mc already waiting for the much needed 50% off mech bay sale. Would love to see a 35%-50% off module sale too. I know it's most likely more profitable to have money sales but we'd all appreciate mc/cbill items sales.

They happen at CHRISTMAS... how hard is this to understand.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users