No replies to this topic

#1 Tiyos

• PipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 41 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 26 July 2016 - 09:50 PM

Ok, so this is an idea that I have been thinking about for a while, and have pretty much figured it out in my head for Faction Play.

Have the every part of the border active at all times. Entrust each unit to a certain part of the border, and they choose which planet they attack next. Each unit member fighting on a planet on their units part of the border would get a boost in loyalty points. The people that are not in a unit, well they roam to any planet they choose.

This would increase the amount of planets to choose from, which would require a new planet selection bar. Perhaps a drop down window of: Attack Planets, Defense Planets, and Planets Needing Help(Planets that your faction is outnumbered on player wise). Or, another way to sort it would be by unit. Say you want to play with R79T. I would select the R79T drop down menu, and fight for planets entrusted to R79T.

However, because some areas of the border are naturally going to be inactive at times, unit members can go fight on other planets. But they will receive the base amount of loyalty points, not the boost from their unit area.

Because some units are bound to preform better than others, then the unit that is taking more planets than losing in their area gets a boost in loyalty points. The units that are failing will start to lose loyalty points. But, they can request help from one or two units, and the units who help will still get a boost in loyalty points. To prevent a boost across the whole faction to farm, only one or two units can receive a request to help.

Mercenaries, as they never spend all their time in one faction, would have to be in the same group as pugs, where they can jump around wherever they want in the border. Or share a part with another unit if requested by said unit.

This would be a significant improvement to CW in my eyes, and everyone else I have spoken to. It would be hard, but not as hard as designing a new map or mech(Trust me, I would know).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users