- - - - -

If I Own A Marauder, But Then Buy The Marauder Pack...

17 replies to this topic

#1 Whiskey Dharma

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 141 posts
  • Location100 ms from Europe

Posted 27 July 2016 - 01:56 AM

...what happens? Do I then have 2 copies of one variant? Or do I get the c-bill cost of the owned variant back? Or I have to pay the full $ price for only two variants? None of the above?

#2 Satan n stuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 27 July 2016 - 01:59 AM

View PostWhiskey Dharma, on 27 July 2016 - 01:56 AM, said:

...what happens? Do I then have 2 copies of one variant? Or do I get the c-bill cost of the owned variant back? Or I have to pay the full $ price for only two variants? None of the above?

You get all the mechs that are in the pack, you can have more than one of each mech variant.

#3 Whiskey Dharma

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 141 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 02:06 AM

Got it, thanks. I guess the advantage to have two of the same variant is that I can ... use one while the other is still sitting in a game? I assume the skills learned in one MAD-3R would be available in the other -3R?

#4 Spetulhu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 133 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 02:10 AM

View PostWhiskey Dharma, on 27 July 2016 - 02:06 AM, said:

Got it, thanks. I guess the advantage to have two of the same variant is that I can ... use one while the other is still sitting in a game? I assume the skills learned in one MAD-3R would be available in the other -3R?

Exactly so. I bought the pack where I got both a 3R and a 3R(S) and the skills apply to both since they're the same variant. And IIRC you also collect XP for Trial mechs, you just can't use it on them before you buy that variant...

#5 Satan n stuff

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 27 July 2016 - 02:12 AM

Yes, any skills you unlock for a MAD-3R will be unlocked for all MAD-3Rs. If you're ever going into faction play having two of them would also be an advantage, they are very solid mechs.

Edited by Satan n stuff, 27 July 2016 - 02:13 AM.

#6 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 03:32 AM

Got it, thanks. I guess the advantage to have two of the same variant is that I can ... use one while the other is still sitting in a game?

You can use both in one faction play dropdeck.
You can also use different loadouts without the need to rebuy upgrades if you own multiple copies of the same variant.

#7 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 03:49 AM

View PostWhiskey Dharma, on 27 July 2016 - 01:56 AM, said:

A second copy of the one you already own, but stock again.
Which you can sell for cbills and to free up the mechbay or equip however you like.

Yes, and yes.

Just like if you got the (S)pecial version of the main Marauder, it too would share the same experience tree and upgrades as the main Marauder.

#8 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 03:57 AM

View PostKoniving, on 27 July 2016 - 03:49 AM, said:

A second copy of the one you already own, but stock again.
Which you can sell for cbills and to free up the mechbay or equip however you like.

Works for almost all mechs except some like invasion mechs (Tagged with an (i).
Those are locked to their mechbays (they come inclusive) and can not be sold.

Edited by Toha Heavy Industries, 27 July 2016 - 03:57 AM.

#9 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 04:03 AM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 27 July 2016 - 03:57 AM, said:

Works for almost all mechs except some like invasion mechs (Tagged with an (i).
Those are locked to their mechbays (they come inclusive) and can not be sold.

Indeed. That actually goes for any mech tagged with a (#) where the # sign is a letter... unless it is a (C )... cannot be sold.

So:
(R )
(L)
(S)
(I)
(P)
(G) -- and if you even thought of selling one of these you need a freaking hole in the head; 500 dollar gold mech from the days with that shoddy publisher that sells for around 6 to 8 million cbills. Still can't believe there was a complaint about not being able to sell one!
(O)
(F)
Etc..
All of these come with 30% cbill increases when used and are pretty awesome to have. Selling them would be pretty dumb anyway if you could.

The (C ) comes with... what is it a 30% experience bonus? Pfft. Finite benefit that runs out far too quickly, unless you're really trying to collect GXP quickly. These 'champions' can be sold, because they're basically pre-upgraded regular cbill mechs that you paid cash for.

Edited by Koniving, 27 July 2016 - 04:04 AM.

#10 SnagaDance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 27 July 2016 - 04:33 AM

And if you do decide to sell a mech, remember to first strip it of all its weapons, equipment and engine (+omnipods for a Clan mech) as the return price for those is abysmal and you can reuse them on other mechs (or other CT variants in the case of omnipods)

#11 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 04:35 AM

View PostKoniving, on 27 July 2016 - 04:03 AM, said:

(G) -- and if you even thought of selling one of these you need a freaking hole in the head; 500 dollar gold mech from the days with that shoddy publisher that sells for around 6 to 8 million cbills. Still can't believe there was a complaint about not being able to sell one!

One might argue that you needed "a freaking hole in the head" to buy that "thing" to begin with. Posted Image
It's not a single mech for 500 dollar, tho. It was an 260$ addon (purely optional to support the game) to the 240$ masakari pack, which already had 8 hero + 16 standard 'mechs, couple of months worth of premium time, including mechbays, warhorns and whatnot in it (that's 10$ for a clan omni'mech a.k.a. dirt cheap).
A lot of media went apesh!t over "500$ pay to win gold'mech edition" which never was the case.

Protip: don't sell mechs, ever.

Edited by Toha Heavy Industries, 27 July 2016 - 04:48 AM.

#12 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 27 July 2016 - 07:49 AM

It's not a single mech for 500 dollar, tho. It was an 260$ addon (purely optional to support the game) to the 240$ masakari pack, which already had 8 hero + 16 standard 'mechs, couple of months worth of premium time, including mechbays, warhorns and whatnot in it (that's 10$ for a clan omni'mech a.k.a. dirt cheap).

When they were first put up for sale they were supposed to be literally 500 for the single Mech, after massive backlash it was decided to throw in the masakazi pack as well, but originally it literally was intended to be $500 for a single Mech with a gold skin

#13 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 08:15 AM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 27 July 2016 - 07:49 AM, said:

When they were first put up for sale they were supposed to be literally 500 for the single Mech, after massive backlash it was decided to throw in the masakazi pack as well, but originally it literally was intended to be $500 for a single Mech with a gold skin

I am aware, i also was one of those who proclaimed that it would be, quite literally, suicidal in terms of public relationships.
In the end, it did not happen. yet, a lot of folks are still not aware that golden 'mechs were not 500$ single purchase items.

#14 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 27 July 2016 - 08:32 AM

I see no point in doing this when if you want two Marauders of the same variant I'd much rather grind out the CBills to buy and equip two of them than spend real money on a 'mech pack for a 'mech that is already available for CBills. But it's your money man, you do you.

#15 TooDumbToQuit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 09:00 AM

So you are saying if you have two of the same variant, you can use the 2nd one in another match while the 1st one is still "in game" but dead?

Also, I know it has been talked about but how do you "Gift" something to yourself?

And this is semi-confusing. It shows Mech packs and I'm looking at the ACH and the SHC. It says you get the "Invasion" Prime and the A and the B variants. But below when they show them to you, it shows FOUR Mechs.

https://mwomercs.com/wavethree

So do you also get the ACH-C and the SHC-P? And if not, why are they shown?

Edited by LikeUntoGod, 27 July 2016 - 09:23 AM.

#16 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 11:32 AM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 27 July 2016 - 09:00 AM, said:

1) So you are saying if you have two of the same variant, you can use the 2nd one in another match while the 1st one is still "in game" but dead?

2) Also, I know it has been talked about but how do you "Gift" something to yourself?

3) And this is semi-confusing. It shows Mech packs and I'm looking at the ACH and the SHC. It says you get the "Invasion" Prime and the A and the B variants. But below when they show them to you, it shows FOUR Mechs.

https://mwomercs.com/wavethree

3-B ) So do you also get the ACH-C and the SHC-P? And if not, why are they shown?

1) Yes.
2) Buy gift. Get code from email. Redeem code. Enjoy your own gift.
3) Pre-order bonus was the extra variants.
3-B ) You're much too late, sadly. See above.

#17 Whiskey Dharma

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 141 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 03:07 PM

Thanks all, for the guidance.

#18 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 03:53 PM

View PostMole, on 27 July 2016 - 08:32 AM, said:

I see no point in doing this when if you want two Marauders of the same variant I'd much rather grind out the CBills to buy and equip two of them than spend real money on a 'mech pack for a 'mech that is already available for CBills. But it's your money man, you do you.

maurauder hero is 5650 mc (w/o mechbay). you can shell out 29,95 for 6500 mc

or

buy the Package + addon for 35$ with 3 normal marauders + hero + mechbays + 30 premium + the other bing bling stuff

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users