- - - - -

Which Mech Next?

5 replies to this topic

#1 StumbleBee

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • 110 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 04:52 AM

My current stable (all mastered): Firestarter, Blackjack, Hunchback IIC, Griffin, Ebon Jaguar, Warhammer, Banshee. The only play style that doesn't interest me is LRMing, and I prefer chassis that allow differing builds (the Griffin is pretty boring, for example, but the Hunchback IIC and Warhammer are fabulous). What would you suggest I pick up next?

#2 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 27 July 2016 - 05:11 AM

Since you say the Griffin is boring, and since the only thing it can't do is ballistics, then I assume you are looking in that direction, or at least a mech that has that capacity. With that in mind, perhaps Jagers? Great mech and depending on which variant you can build just about anything you want. Only limit is no jump jets. For a ballistic jumper, I'd recommend a Marauder (a couple of variants can jump), the Cataphract (D can jump). Maybe even the Shadow Hawk.

Seeing as how you only have a single light and single assault, maybe try a Kodiak or Atlas; or perhaps a Panther on the light end. All those have good variety of builds.

#3 OrbitalDK

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 27 July 2016 - 06:37 AM

I personally love my rifleman. they are not to common, so alot of of people don't know what to expect from them. My legend killer is fully tweaked, and its a blast. I run pretty meta on it 2 lb10x and 4 med lasers.

LEGEND-KILLER

Edited by OrbitalDK, 27 July 2016 - 06:48 AM.

#4 StumbleBee

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • 110 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 07:05 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 27 July 2016 - 05:11 AM, said:

Since you say the Griffin is boring, and since the only thing it can't do is ballistics, then I assume you are looking in that direction, or at least a mech that has that capacity.
It's not only that Griffins can't do ballistics, it's that only the Sparky can even do energy well. But the Jager is a good suggestion.

#5 Agent1190

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 469 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 27 July 2016 - 07:35 AM

Differing builds... possibly a heavy like the Thunderbolt? While the quirks pigeon-hole the builds, most have varied hard points energy/ballistic/missile. The 9SE can jump. The Shadowhawk is pretty fun as well.

#6 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 07:35 AM

Timberwolf. C, D, and S variants. Master of all, jack of none. The only thing the TBR can't do is ECM.

Some builds for reference.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...47eb4ab4ac8a1ce
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f20c9262a85ead5
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...4c5c72d69b22ddf

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users