Make Crates Evenly Random - How Random Is The Content Anyway?

2 replies to this topic

#1 Mister Bob Dobalina

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 10:54 AM

So, once in a while I inject some $ to pump up my MCs. XP want to turned into GXP, I want some decals, maybe I want a Mech that you could only be bought with MCs .. Anyway. I just did that and thanks to an "event" I have been granted 38 crates and 38 keys and (here comes the zinger) 12 Mechbays (as if ...). Besides tha fact that it takes up to 45 sec to process one crate start to finish, I am starting to doubt the equal randomness of the system.

Thing is that it seems it's not really 1/8 of chance to hit one particular win of the 8 presented. If an Omni Module is in the mix you'll hit it (by my count in this case) 5 out of 10 times. And if you hope for the big win (your garden variety Urbie, Spider or even Rifleman or Zeus) then don't count on it. 15 out of 38 times it was up to be won. Which actually happened zero times. So I could consider it's really really rare, surely not 1/8th. But what kinda grind my gears is the fact that the winning draw in those 15 drawings was 12 times just the one before or after the Mech. And that feels a bit odd.

I reckon the crate "knows" what it's containing and the reast is just there for the show. Probably to make you buy more keys because you might just win that damn fine Mech. How many of you have actually "uncrated" a Mech so far or know someone ho has?

#2 MechWarrior849305

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 02:18 AM

Who told you that chances are even? When PGI themselves said that fat prises are set to the lower end where noone actually can hit them Posted Image

#3 Seddrik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 247 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 12:27 PM

The last 8 boxes I opened, every single one fell to the lowest value item.

Also, its rather obvious when they roll over they best item.... then just BARELY clicks over to the next (and lowest value item) on the list... repeatedly. The same cache has done the exact same spin 3 times now, landing on the same item. The 1000 MC one, lands on the Clan Probe "just barely" missing the previous item.

Take away supply caches, PGI. Keep the game straight MWO not a statistically rigged gambling siphon.

So much for buying keys. Not worth it. : /

Edited by Seddrik, 30 July 2016 - 04:53 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users