The Eagle Screams

17 replies to this topic

#1 Karl Marlow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 11:07 PM

*Captain-General Thomas Marik adresses parliament regarding the chaos in the Steiner front. *

My Lords, Ministers, and Members of the League Council.

I come before you today to address the growing concerns with the invasion in the northern half of the inner sphere. You have many questions about these new players and I hope to lay some of them to rest tonight.

As you know little information has been recovered from the front lines of this conflict. Planets that are invaded go dark. Most of the inner sphere knows nothing about these invaders other than that they are being invaded.

Due to the bravery of many members of SAFE working in conjunction with operatives that will remain anonymous we now have a clearer, if still incomplete, picture of who these invaders are. Some will be relieved to learn that they are not alien invaders. They are human although modified genetically. They call themselves The Clans. Where they came from is still uncertain but we know they operate as a tyranical military juanta. The soldiers rule and the world's they conquer are largely enslaved to serve the will of their military.

To date the Dragon has withstood the onslaught of these clans. The Free Rasalhague Republic has been battered but still holds firm. The Federated Commonwealth is a different story. As many of you are aware our borders with the Commonwealth grew suddenly quiet several weeks ago following a massive redeployment of Davion troops into Steiner space.

Following this redeployment the LCCC found it prudent to reorganize and reassess our tactics against the Commonwealth and better understand what the Davion troops were up to. We now know this was all part of Operation Galahad which was billed as a move to shield Steiner space from the clans. I know many of you have suspected Davion treachery given the strange buildup of forces in Steiner space against our borders.

Today I can confirm to you that the Davion cause was true but ultimately a failure. Clan forces have succeeded in tearing the mightiest house in the inner sphere in half. The build up on our northern border is not Davion. It is the Clans.

SAFE has deduced that the ultimate goal of these clans is to reach Terra. This is the target designated by the clans in some sick game to unite the clans. The clan to reach Terra first will unite all the clans under their banner. Should this happen the combined might of the invaders would be unthinkable.

This must never happen. The clans push to divide the supply lines of the Commonwealth has had the unique consequence of exposing their flank. To this end I have already set in motion provential, state, and mercenary forces to strike into the clans and drive them back away from our borders and away from Terra itself.

As we will be driving into Steiner space with this push we will need good people to ease the transition into the League. I have therefore ordered that those distinguishing themselves in the conflict be aware titles and lands to administrate the newly liberated world's. These individuals will also be granted Battlemechs under their family name as befits their new station.

The inner sphere has stood apart for centuries. We have long standing differences and grudges that will not be solved today. The League knows a little something about grudges. As bad as it gets and as at each other's throats as We sometimes are we do not tolerate outsiders attacking any one of us. Now we see this on a grander scale. Vat born aberrations would think to come into our house and spread their tyranny. I say no! Today we will stand with our brothers and sisters of the inner sphere united by our own humanity.

So tonight the battle is joined. The Eagle screams and shakes the will of our foe. Together the inner sphere will triumph.

#2 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 11:20 PM

Ok nuts and bolts of this event is as follows.

This is a 3 day event starting with the EU window on July 29.

I will be holding a raffle on Monday to grant any participant in this event a map gift pack of their choosing up to $20.

There will be 1 up to 4 packages available

1 package is garanteed regardless of how well Marik performs.
The remaining 3 packages will be split between each day. If Marik take at least 1 planet during the day an extra name will be pulled during the raffle. If we take a planet a day all r packages will be raffled.

In order to incentivise the clans I will also be raffling a $20 paticipation package to them as well. A second package will be rewarded if they prevent Marik from taking any plan eta during the 3 day window.

Eligibility is simple. If you are Marik post a screenshot of you dropping against the clans. Only one drop is needed for your name to be added to the list. Mercs and loyalists are eligible.

The clans can prove their eligibility the same way simply post a screenshot of you defending against Marik.

One screenshot can be used to enter the names of 24 people. 12 on each side. The deadline for screenshots is Monday August 1st. I will make a video of the drawing and post the winners in Tuesday.

I want to thank CCrider for donating a 20 dollar package. Of you would like to help out let me know.
Good luck. Have fun.

Edited by ThomasMarik, 27 July 2016 - 11:21 PM.

#3 SCHLIMMER BESTIMMER XXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 879 posts
  • LocationNiemalsland

Posted 27 July 2016 - 11:30 PM

is this the intro of the long-awaited battletech movie?
*eating popcorn

#4 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 11:55 PM

I posted some guidelines elsewhere but they bear repeating.

Rules for CW.
1. Show up
Everybody had to play their first FW game at some point. Nothing in FW is so complicated that it can't be quickly explained to someon me who has a basic knowledge of the game.

2. Listen to the Drop Commander.
Skill and practice help but coordination is king in MWO weather you are in FW or QP. Follow his lead and don't argue.

3a. Being mechs that work and you enjoy.
The Meta is the meta for a reason but beyond that it's best to run mechs you personally are used to and enjoy. Don't bring joke or gimmicky mechs. Bring you go to tried and true mechs.

3b. Check with your Drop Commander before bringing LRM heavy mechs. If he says no respect that. LRMs require a lot of team coordination to be effective.

4. Take breaks
Sometimes FW can get kinda rough. Sometimes it is wait.tomwa. some times it just.feels like you are slamming against a brick wall against certain opposition. Give it a few matches but be willing to give it a test for a few matches. Donxhores. Play some QP. Watch a show. Be available to help out but don't stress yourself over a game.

View PostSHRedo, on 27 July 2016 - 11:30 PM, said:

is this the intro of the long-awaited battletech movie?
*eating popcorn

I did my research but the current FW situation doesn't really fit the official storyline.

I'm half expecting it to be a wet fart if no one shows up. If people do show up it might be the start of a regular event. Hard to say atm.

Edited by ThomasMarik, 27 July 2016 - 11:56 PM.

#5 ccrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 10:39 AM

I will have as many of the cbr1 guys online as i can this weekend. Hope to see ya'll there!

#6 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 10:57 AM

I'll be focusing mostly on Saturday night but I should pop in from time to time on Friday as well.

#7 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 11:45 PM

o7 House Marik. Tonight was fun; looking forward to more drops with ya'll!

#8 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 09:44 PM

View Postccrider, on 28 July 2016 - 11:45 PM, said:

o7 House Marik. Tonight was fun; looking forward to more drops with ya'll!

Don't forget to post up a screenshot of your drops so you can be entered into the raffle.

#9 BaconTWOfourACTUAL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 282 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 30 July 2016 - 07:36 AM

View PostThomasMarik, on 29 July 2016 - 09:44 PM, said:

Don't forget to post up a screenshot of your drops so you can be entered into the raffle.

Where are the SS being posted?

#10 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 08:02 AM

View PostBaconTWOfourACTUAL, on 30 July 2016 - 07:36 AM, said:

Where are the SS being posted?

In this thread.

As of this posting I'm going to have some extra spending money come Monday... Posted Image

Edited by ThomasMarik, 30 July 2016 - 08:02 AM.

#11 STR4NG3R

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 103 posts
  • LocationKamloops,BC Canada

Posted 30 July 2016 - 12:02 PM

so where is everyone then?
marik keeps voting green chickens and then lets them ghost drop until we cant do anything about it lol
maybe just vote for what people will actually show up for, I enjoy CW with a big group but they seem to be hard to find even when its set up ahead of time.
hopefully the people show up soon , I want to fight !!!

#12 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 01:42 PM

I've had drops against jade falcon with mariks but due to work its during oceanic ceasefire so they are limited. Definitely not enough to take a planet. Ask johnathan tanner to pist his screen shots; people have been dropping, just not enough. If you are looking for guys, pop into rodcbr1.teamspeak3.com:5565 or mark ts and you'll find guys.

#13 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 02:43 PM

There were people on last night. when I managed to sneak in for a few minutes. I know Screenshots are being taken. They just aren't being posted yet. I've set aside some time tonight so I'm about to hop on for the push at least until na ceasefire.

Just pole the Marik you know and tell them about the event. Last night we had one group dropping but around 40 Mariks in the different channels.

#14 Jackball

• Pip
  • The Bolt
  • The Bolt
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 09:47 PM

here is a list of the participants for one of our matches, it did not go well
Posted Image

#15 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts
  • LocationCurrently dodging the pugs war crimes tribunal

Posted 02 August 2016 - 05:55 AM

https://www.dropbox....5933_1.jpg?dl=0

#16 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts
  • LocationCurrently dodging the pugs war crimes tribunal

Posted 02 August 2016 - 06:14 AM

https://www.dropbox....5807_1.jpg?dl=0

Posted Imagehttps://www.dropbox....2912_1.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox....3919_1.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox....3112_1.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox....1957_1.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nldx3psaw9htua8/20160729183114_1.jpg?dl=https://www.dropbox.com/s/8qrjsc7t850as9s/20160728232505_1.jpg?dl=00

There.

#17 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 01:08 PM

ok Ill sort through the screenshots and get the names into a list then put together a short video for the drawing. I should have the winners up tomorrow morning. So I suppose this is also a last call for Screenshots. You have until the wednesday morning to post them up.

Edited by ThomasMarik, 02 August 2016 - 01:09 PM.

#18 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 04:26 PM

Just let me know what pack to grab and ill mail you the code, thomas, so you can give it to the winner.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users