Heresy: A Non-Event Event!

event

1 reply to this topic

#1 Mister Bob Dobalina

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 07:18 AM

Read this with a drop of irony, a whiff of sarcasm and don't take it too seriously.

What about, bare with me, a Weekend without an event? Boom! Mind blown! It feels like they are quite inflationary happening about every or every other weekend. And it's not like people are behaving "normally" during those events. Teamplay between "strangers" flies out of the window when everybody is after personal goals. And not everybody can play during the week, some might play only on weekends. A little less might be a little more in the end.

I was wondering anyway how spontaneous those events are put into place. Example? There was quite some controversy (to say it diplomatically) about the rescalling of IS lights while the Arctic Chuck Norris Smurf was left as is. That triggered other discussions on what place Light Mechs are still having in the MWO Universe. Now there's an event pushing Light, sale-outs, Leaderboards etc. Coincidence? I think not :-) Don't get me wrong, I wanna keep my Lights and want to be able to play them with a fighting chance.

All in all the events are a fixed mechanism already and are usually accompanied by pretty fair deals. A pretty well oiled machine. But there seem to have been so much lately ...

Oh, while we're at it, when is the next Module sale? ;-)

Cheers to you all, it's the fr1gg1n weekend!!!

#2 B L O O D W I T C H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 02:34 AM

Since PGI changed "kills" to "kills most damage dealt" it got a lot better.
There's nothing on the personal challenge goal table which encourages jerky "team" play.
(a really big improvment over past events)

Now, the leaderboard.. well.. it's pretty much like "MY DAMAGE!! DON'T STAND INFRONT OF ME"
Worst is lights throwing strikes longtom style as long as the leaderboard is going on. See that almost every game.
Had a brawl with 6-7 mechs and 3 of our strikes were thrown right into the middle of it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users