OR PURCHASE THROUGH THE KODIAK PACKAGE PAGE

#2 Zoeff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 264 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 03 August 2016 - 12:35 PM

To anyone thinking of buying these for MC, please note that for almost the same MC price of a single Kodiak you can buy the Package and the hero! :)

#3 Luscious Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 03 August 2016 - 12:45 PM

For what it's worth, the bumblebee kodiak in the picture looks way better than I would have expected.

#4 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 03 August 2016 - 12:49 PM

It would be a pain to overhaul the MC pricing of things, but it would certainly be nice. Things like these are for players with floating MC, but it'd probably be best to wait for a sale. :3

The simple reasoning is:

1) If you want to spend cash now to get this mech, buy it at the gift store (on the website) instead of buying MC to get it in the in-game store.

2) If you already have MC stocked up, then it's up to you how you use it. :3

Edited by Elizander, 03 August 2016 - 12:51 PM.

#5 Zoeff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 264 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 03 August 2016 - 12:52 PM

View PostElizander, on 03 August 2016 - 12:49 PM, said:

It would be a pain to overhaul the MC pricing of things, but it would certainly be nice. Things like these are for players with floating MC, but it'd probably be best to wait for a sale. :3

Pretty much this. If you've already got a whole bunch of MC laying around, perhaps from the MC goodies sale earlier, and you don't have any kodiaks yet then feel free but otherwise I'd highly recommend taking the route of the packs.

Of course you can also wait for them to be released for cbills and buy them with your time spent in the game. :)

#6 pacifica812

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAt home, at work, or on the stage... mostly

Posted 03 August 2016 - 02:02 PM

I know it's off-topic, but can someone explain why is there a "Google" written in the list of members viewing this post :)

#7 Zoeff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 264 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 03 August 2016 - 02:03 PM

View Postpacifica812, on 03 August 2016 - 02:02 PM, said:

I know it's off-topic, but can someone explain why is there a "Google" written in the list of members viewing this post Posted Image

Basically it's the way Google (and many other search engines) index the internet. See this wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia...iki/Web_crawler

#8 pacifica812

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAt home, at work, or on the stage... mostly

Posted 03 August 2016 - 02:11 PM

View PostZoeff, on 03 August 2016 - 02:03 PM, said:

Basically it's the way Google (and many other search engines) index the internet. See this wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia...iki/Web_crawler

Thanx. I thought it might be a bot, just haven't seen it on this forum yet Posted Image

Oh, and now it's gone... wow, the little things make life worth living :D

Edited by pacifica812, 03 August 2016 - 02:12 PM.

#9 K19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 355 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 03 August 2016 - 02:11 PM

Party time :DDD bo

#10 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 03 August 2016 - 02:14 PM

http://mwomercs.com/...e-announcement/

View PostProsperity Park, on 02 August 2016 - 09:23 AM, said:

Warning:. DO NOT BUY THE SPIRIT BEAR FOR MC.

The Spirit Bear hero Mech is available for in game purchase with MC, however it costs over 7,000 MC. You can buy 6500 MC for $30 US Dollars, but you can buy the Kodiak Pack with a Spirit Bear Hero add-on for $35.

So, buy the pack and add-on to get 4 Mechs with 4 Mechbays for $35. Do not use over $30 worth of MC to buy a single Mech with no mechbay.

This PSA brought to you by the MWO Player Community.

#11 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 686 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 03 August 2016 - 02:37 PM

Let loose the K-3's of war!

#12 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 03:08 PM

There will also be an assaults leaderboard and sale event in the next 2 weeks, and that will knock 35% off those MC prices above.

#13 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 03 August 2016 - 04:07 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 03 August 2016 - 03:08 PM, said:

There will also be an assaults leaderboard and sale event in the next 2 weeks, and that will knock 35% off those MC prices above.

...maybe...

I seem to remember a similar event happening when one of the classic heavies came out for mc and it was excluded for being too new...

Again, i could be wrong and would hate to throw anyones plans off, but be advised...

#14 Alphaeus

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 06:05 PM

Things I've Learned from Driving Kodiaks: Reflections from an Early Adopter

When the Kodiak was announced I decided to buy in time to earn early adopter awards; I bought the standard Kodiak pack and a Hero 'mech. (So, to be clear, I own the KDK-1, KDK-2, KDK-3, and KDK-SB.) Here's what I've learned after three months of piloting and reconfiguring:

-NOTE: although these are Clan 'mechs, they are not Omnimechs; you can't swap Omnipods from other variants like you could with a Timberwolf, Stormcrow, etc. These are Totem 'Mechs, whole packages with hard-wired hard points, very much like IS 'mechs. So plan on working with the hard points they come with.

-It took me a while to realize that to fully achieve these 'mechs' potential I would have to downgrade the engines. Plan on spending ~6M CBills on a different-sized Clan XL engine. It's worth the loss in speed (especially on the MASC-equipped Spirit Bear) to be able to load out better weapons and equipment, especially heat sinks.

-Every Kodiak I own has a problem balancing heat management and firepower if you keep the stock Clan XL 400 engines. If you don't have the CBills to invest in a lighter engine (and Standard engines will just get you into weight problems, so don't think you'll save money buying Standards), plan on being far less fierce than you'd like to be, or plan on dealing with shutdowns or paying for coolant flushes every mission.

-The KDK-1 and KDK-3 have slower, clumsier torso twisting than the KDK-SB and KDK-2. All of my Kodiaks could benefit from Improved Gyros, but the KDK-1 and KDK-3 are especially in need of this module. Without it, the screen shake while being pummeled--and you're like a giant moving billboard who other players feel threatened by, so you WILL get pummeled--is unmanageable. Plan to spend 2M CBills on an Improved Gyros module if you don't have one already; you'll be glad you did.

-The Spirit Bear's MASC is worth the 4 tons and 4 criticals it will cost you; leave it in. Especially when the vote favors Domination or Conquest, having a MASC on board a 'mech that normally goes 66ish KPH means that all of a sudden you can push it to 90ish KPH for a few precious seconds. This often makes the difference between dodging missiles and getting hit; with a Radar Deprivation module it can make the difference between tracked and getting lost before the enemy knows where you're going; in Domination it can make you an assault-'mech-surprise-early-arrival in the green circle, which could tip the game in your team's favor; and hill climbing is a lot easier with some extra power to draw on when you really need it.

-With a downgraded engine, MASC still equipped, and a full-fledged weapons loadout supported by adequate heat management and targeting equipment, the KDK-SB is a cash cow. It's worth the extra cost of buying a Hero 'mech, and is now a standard go-to when I need quick CBills on expiring Premium Time. Plus, it comes with a rad variant-specific skin. C'mon... you know you want one...

Still on the fence about buying a Kodiak? Friend Request me and let's talk tech.

Good hunting, all!

Edited by Alphaeus, 03 August 2016 - 06:06 PM.

#15 Bolter01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bite
  • The Bite
  • 224 posts
  • LocationAU

Posted 03 August 2016 - 10:10 PM

I find the CT is complete bullet magnet. I'm often a steaming pile of bear in the woods with armour on every other point and a gaping hole through my ribs,

twist you say....

#16 Uiovich

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 10:53 PM

View PostZoeff, on 03 August 2016 - 12:35 PM, said:

To anyone thinking of buying these for MC, please note that for almost the same MC price of a single Kodiak you can buy the Package and the hero! Posted Image

But now with mc-availibility you can use in cw drop 2 KDK-3 instead of only one. Looks like the only real reason for mc-buying.

#17 PFC Carsten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 03 August 2016 - 11:45 PM

So, Clan Battlemechs are second-line machines, inferior to the Omnimechs, correct? Stay away from Kodiak then, ;)

#18 Krucilatoz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 121 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 12:13 AM

I think Kodiak is one the best (or, beast?) deal if you plan to spent $20 on new mech, buy it from gift store and get 3 of them.
The MC price are too high imo, and c-bills price will be insanely expensive.

#19 Rayden Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 759 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 12:33 AM

View PostBolter01, on 03 August 2016 - 10:10 PM, said:

I find the CT is complete bullet magnet. I'm often a steaming pile of bear in the woods with armour on every other point and a gaping hole through my ribs,

twist you say....

After the fix, it isnt anymore. I lost ST all the time. Often both of them.

Edited by Rayden Wolf, 04 August 2016 - 12:34 AM.

#20 Quintus Verus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 184 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 07:22 AM

Just when it was almost safe to enter the battlefield, we will soon get a re-influx of the beloved dakka boat. For those that didn't buy them for 20$ they are a lot of fun to pilot. Even after slight mobility nerfs they are still more agile than the DW and benefit from high weapon mounts.

If you want them, wait until September or pony up 20$. Definitely one of the better packs put out this year. My advise is try not to MetaMech them all. Its fun playing around with different weapon load outs besides 3-4 UACs which i find, to quote Homer Simpson, "Boring!" :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users