#261 tokumboh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 320 posts
  • LocationBristol UK

Posted 13 August 2016 - 07:21 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 12 August 2016 - 07:55 AM, said:

I see decals on other mechs just fine. An obvious good use of a decal is covering the cockpit windows so its less obvious where to aim to blow the headbox. That alone was worth the 180MC unlock to me.

If the get the outline of the mech I would have thought it would be no harder to hit than if it was not there. If you make it big enough it become a magnet for if it is too small it is not seen. Most of the time I look at the outline but I don't often go for headshots I am not that good.

as I said I prefer a better implementation of Camo which they are starting to do

#262 Omniseed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Kashira
  • Kashira
  • 255 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 04:20 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 06 August 2016 - 01:25 PM, said:

They replaced the C-bills with decals, AND there's a whole extra mech+mech bay as well. But also there's two less modules (instead of 2 mech and 2 weapon, its now 1 weapon and 1 mech). Given the mech is going to be more valuable than a Highlander IIC, around 10 million Cbills I do not have a problem with these rewards. I'm already swimming in modules.

One N in Canon, cannons are the things that fire projectiles. You shouldn't be labeling someone as special needs when you don't know basic spelling.

And 'cannon' uses a singular plural you uneducated halfwit

#263 Aylek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 292 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 14 August 2016 - 11:45 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 10 August 2016 - 09:49 AM, said:

I would expect they MIGHT do a quartet a bunch of IICs in a row... so assuming they do the rifleman and warhammer as two of them, the phoenix hawk would be an obvious 3rd and the locust or Commando as the 4th (as counterparts to mechs in the game on the Inner Sphere side).

Nooooooo... who in the world would be able to pull me out of my LCT-IIC then like...forever? :D

#264 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 04:05 AM

View Posttokumboh, on 12 August 2016 - 07:12 AM, said:

I am not interested in decals to be honest no one can see them

I complimented a couple of people on their amusing use of decals this weekend so pretty sure you can. Now if you mean at long range sure but then at long range i'm going by silhouette recognition etc so I won't see your paint job either... ;)

I came round to the free mech and mechbay over the 6.5m myself but I can see others would prefer the flexibility of the c-bills.

#265 Rubberanvil

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 36 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 17 August 2016 - 12:55 AM

Nightshade24, on 11 August 2016 - 11:10 PM, said:

However MechCommanders Fireant, a distant variant of the flea, is also a MC created mech made up but later canonized.... even with it's joke-ish weapon load out...6 MG's and 3 Flamers... that's a little bit over the top don't you think?... considering 1-2 and at max 4 is enough to handle infantry of those weapons... this has 9 anti infantry weapons....
History have have proven there's never enough anti infantry weapons and ammo.

Edited by Rubberanvil, 17 August 2016 - 12:58 AM.

#266 Rungker

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 11:56 AM

I didn't know clans had hero mechs. I'm thinking of getting the marauder iic pack, but would prefer to procure the hero variant through mc instead of cash. I'm willing to wait. Is the hero variant almost certainly coming out for mc credit some time in the future? If so, is it likely to be release at the same time the other variants become available for mc purchase? Thanks.

#267 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 18 August 2016 - 12:13 PM

View PostRungker, on 18 August 2016 - 11:56 AM, said:

I didn't know clans had hero mechs.

It only just started with the Spirit Bear (Kodiak)

#268 Temjin TJ

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 37 posts
  • LocationLancaster CA

Posted 18 August 2016 - 04:23 PM

Marauder IIC - I like it!!!Posted Image
I like the Marauder IIC design as it follows the Phoenix and AOD Versions. It looks to give someone much flexibility with load out, structure, armor, and engines.
I don't buy a lot of mechs. I only have the Stalker & Marauder in my grasp. I know that I do suck at playing this game some, but I have a lot of fun playing it even when I die.
This mech will give me a chance to try out different combos of weapons with what looks like good speed and protection.
I will be taking advantage of the pre order package and I don't mind getting a new mech or decals instead of C-Bills.
Good luck and have fun everyone.
See you maybe on the battlegrounds.

#269 Omniseed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Kashira
  • Kashira
  • 255 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 02:06 PM

View PostRungker, on 18 August 2016 - 11:56 AM, said:

I didn't know clans had hero mechs. I'm thinking of getting the marauder iic pack, but would prefer to procure the hero variant through mc instead of cash. I'm willing to wait. Is the hero variant almost certainly coming out for mc credit some time in the future? If so, is it likely to be release at the same time the other variants become available for mc purchase? Thanks.

Just curious, but why?

The real-money purchases are easier to justify with heavier 'mechs, an 85-ton Clan hero is going to cost $30+ in MC.

#270 Temjin TJ

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 37 posts
  • LocationLancaster CA

Posted 19 August 2016 - 06:45 PM

Omniseed:
Yes I agree with you. Why pay $30 for 1 mech when you just add $5 to it and get the Standard pack for $20 + $15 for the Hero Mech.
Plus you would get Premium Time with other items. Also you would have the Mech much sooner than waiting for it to become available for MC or C-Bills.
IMO you also might be angry for not getting a package when you see how others in your Faction or Squad are doing with the New Kid on The BlockPosted Image .
Have a great day & see you on the Battlefield.

Edited by Temjin TJ, 19 August 2016 - 06:46 PM.

#271 ScorpionNinja

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 170 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 05:27 AM

Marauder IIC thats cool and all PGI, but what about ALSO releasing the 100 Ton Inner Sphere Mech too???

#272 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 28 August 2016 - 06:02 AM

View PostTemjin TJ, on 19 August 2016 - 06:45 PM, said:

Omniseed:
Yes I agree with you. Why pay $30 for 1 mech when you just add $5 to it and get the Standard pack for $20 + $15 for the Hero Mech.
Plus you would get Premium Time with other items. Also you would have the Mech much sooner than waiting for it to become available for MC or C-Bills.
IMO you also might be angry for not getting a package when you see how others in your Faction or Squad are doing with the New Kid on The BlockPosted Image .
Have a great day & see you on the Battlefield.

The funny thing is that when yhe kodiak went on sale for mc a couple of weeks back, Matt or Alex was still Blue Postin' about buying mech packs as pound-or-pound, it is the better deal, hands.down.

Its nice to see them not just try to herd people towards the most expensive option...

I think its kind of novel from an economic level what they are doing. They've coupletely normalized the real cash value of mechs while their cbill value scales on weight/base equipment.

This means that its more affordable to purchase heavier mechs for cash than in the previous multi-tier format, but lights are about the same as tiered value. Yet f2p players are unaffected.

Edited by MovinTarget, 28 August 2016 - 06:47 AM.

#273 Serpentbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 485 posts
  • LocationVanvikan, Norway

Posted 30 August 2016 - 05:42 AM

I choose to belive PGI made that decal just for me...

#274 Temjin TJ

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 37 posts
  • LocationLancaster CA

Posted 30 August 2016 - 05:56 AM

Serpentbane:
Then you should wear it proudly on all your mechs.Posted Image
I know it will go on my three.
Good Luck and see you on the battlefeilds.

#275 Stingray Productions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 11:30 AM

View PostSerpentbane, on 30 August 2016 - 05:42 AM, said:

I choose to belive PGI made that decal just for me...

You're so special! ;)

#276 Hemholtz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 113 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 06:40 PM

View PostScorpionNinja, on 28 August 2016 - 05:27 AM, said:

Marauder IIC thats cool and all PGI, but what about ALSO releasing the 100 Ton Inner Sphere Mech too???

Imagine the furor if the next mech pack after MAD-IIC is the MAD-II....and it's not even past 18 Oct 2016 also...

#277 Puerto Rock Punisher

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 81 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAnywhere and everywhere....

Posted 29 September 2016 - 02:55 PM

I love the marauder 2c look, and more that its a clan variant.
Sadly tho, my budget is tight but if my pockets were lined, I would have got it in a heart beat. Will deff get it when it comes out for c-bills, hopefully that will be quick after launch.

#278 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 29 September 2016 - 02:59 PM

View PostPuerto Rock Punisher, on 29 September 2016 - 02:55 PM, said:

I love the marauder 2c look, and more that its a clan variant.
Sadly tho, my budget is tight but if my pockets were lined, I would have got it in a heart beat. Will deff get it when it comes out for c-bills, hopefully that will be quick after launch.

hope so too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users